headphone sightings?
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 9, 2002 at 3:45 AM Post #121 of 855
Quote:

Originally posted by HD-5000
"Mine are better because these are Sony's.

ROFLMAO....oh man, that's classic...
This is what marketing has taught the general public: to go on brand recognition and that Sony = quality.

Wow...this is actually my 100th post! I've never had more than like 3 posts on a message board before. There should be a warning somewhere on this site, Head-Fi is like crack, man.
evil_smiley.gif

Dec 9, 2002 at 3:53 PM Post #123 of 855
Quote:

Originally posted by HD-5000
I'm tellin' ya, Sony is brainwashing young buyers of consumer electronics....

...and Sony's previous reputation (combined with the fact that the U.S. dollar got pummeled against the Japanese yen in valuation during the early part of the 1990's) had influenced themselves to cheapen the quality of their own products without a corresponding reduction in the price!
redface.gif

Dec 9, 2002 at 11:13 PM Post #124 of 855
It's getting pretty cold here in NYC and seems more people are wearing earmuffs, big, black, weird-looking earmuffs, wait... no! Those are Grados!!!

Dec 10, 2002 at 1:21 AM Post #125 of 855
I go to a school that is primarliy focused on audio (Fullsail (i'm in the computer animation program, grad end of this month
biggrin.gif
)), but I generally see utter crap when it comes to cans
confused.gif
(lots of sony VCRAP)

I don't get it, I figure all of these audio kiddies would get a clue, but apparently not. Actually, an alarming number of these guys don't know who bands like Led Zeppelin or Pink Floyd are. Now really, how screwed up is that?

Dec 10, 2002 at 4:37 AM Post #126 of 855
Quote:

Originally posted by theREALsean
I am FOR SURE gonna have to watch what phones/cans people use. Back in the day when I was in high school, hehe 2002 grad here, I didn't really pay attention to these things. But I would say Sony behind the ear ones or sony DJ ones for those *bad ass rappers* or the stock ones. Don't think I saw a single pair of anything good, really. People like to spend the $70 or $80 on a CD PLAYER BUT NOT THE PHONES?! what fools!!! Normally in public, I spot people's cell phones and what kind they are but now I will add headphones to the list as well. Clothes don't quite say enough about the person,
wink.gif
nor shoes. They [people in general] spend $100 to $160 on shoes [maybe more, maybe less] but not on anything music related?! INSANE. I bet if I saw someone wearing something good around town, they post on this board.
wink.gif

i spend 200 dollars on a pair of pants...

ahh i cant wait to see peoples reaction when i walk around wearing my beyerdynamic dt770 pros hahaha

stupid newbs...

vandit

Dec 10, 2002 at 4:55 AM Post #128 of 855
Quote:

It's getting pretty cold here in NYC and seems more people are wearing earmuffs, big, black, weird- looking earmuffs, wait... no! Those are Grados!!!

seriously, i'm seeing grados a lot more often around NYC. i remember only a few years back it seemed i was the only person ever to wear grados in public... now it's not too uncommon to see people wearing grados. (if you ever see a really short guy with glasses wearing grados, it's probably me)

Dec 11, 2002 at 3:12 AM Post #129 of 855
Quote:

Originally posted by skippy
(if you ever see a really short guy with glasses wearing grados, it's probably me

That would be me if you are in Mexico City. I never get to see anyone with good cans, except the guys that work at AP Television News, rigth here in the back of the office. Of course, they only use their Sennheissers for professional purposes, but at least they use nice cans.

Dec 11, 2002 at 7:04 AM Post #130 of 855
last week, saw Grado SR-80s near civic center, SF.

today, Ety 4P's with an IPOD on BART.

why do i get so excited when i see ppl with decent phones...

Dec 11, 2002 at 5:50 PM Post #131 of 855
i saw a guy running off a bus wearing i'm pretty sure a-t em7's. i was wearing sony d66 eggos, and he did a big double take at me as he ran by. not often you see 2 pairs of japan-only headphones in lower queen-anne!

Dec 14, 2002 at 10:24 PM Post #134 of 855
Quote:

Originally posted by redshifter
i saw a guy running off a bus wearing i'm pretty sure a-t em7's. i was wearing sony d66 eggos, and he did a big double take at me as he ran by. not often you see 2 pairs of japan-only headphones in lower queen-anne!

Keep your eyes open the first week of January. If you see a tall (6' 4") old guy with Ety's and a traveler bag near the counterbalance it will be me. Will be visiting my Mother in law that lives on the other side near 15th Ave.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back