headphone sightings?
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 1, 2002 at 9:10 PM Post #107 of 855
Quote:

Originally posted by kerelybonto
For some reason I've seen about a million and a half people on campus wearing Sony MDR-CD180s in the last few weeks. Is this the dreaded Consumer Reports effect?

kerely

<ugh> Shudder. Now, if CU only reviewed GOOD headphones. . .

Nov 1, 2002 at 9:46 PM Post #108 of 855
Quote:

Originally posted by kerelybonto
For some reason I've seen about a million and a half people on campus wearing Sony MDR-CD180s in the last few weeks

hmm pretty wierd, same here. i usually don't go a day without seeing at least two of those phones.

Nov 2, 2002 at 4:36 AM Post #109 of 855
I've seen several people wearing the same full-sized Sony phones at my college as of late, and although I hadn't heard of the MDR-CD180s before, I got a hunch that they're what I've seen after reading this thread. Sure enough, after looking up a picture of them on the web, they're it. Coincidence, or something more?
tongue.gif

Nov 4, 2002 at 9:16 AM Post #110 of 855
as rare as they are, i saw a guy wearing the sony MDR-F1's in a Starbucks...since i have those cans, i was really perplexed as to how he could easily hear his music since the F1's are such open cans and the music inside starbucks was playing at a pretty loud level (i even had to raise my voice a little to talk to my friend who sitting right next to me). maybe he was just tryin to look cool
smily_headphones1.gif
i have to have complete silence in order to get the most out of my F1's...otherwise, the slightest noise drowns out the music!

Nov 4, 2002 at 11:14 PM Post #111 of 855
The presenter on Sky Sports Rugby Superleague was at the local rugby stadium for the last ever game at the Boulevard in my home town (Hull, Yorkshire, UK). Next season we move to a new superstadium with the local soccer team 'Hull City'.

Anyway, he was using a Sennheiser shotgun mike and a pair of Sennheiser HD25 phones. I had to laugh at him though as he had the phones on the wrong way round (they're not marked though).

Also, Tony Robinson (he played Baldrick from hit british comedy Blackadder) was on Time Team reporting from the wreck site of the newly discovered HMS Collossus and was wearing the old faithfuls - the Sony MDR-7506s.

Sound As Ever.
smily_headphones1.gif

Nov 4, 2002 at 11:21 PM Post #112 of 855
Quote:

Originally posted by Rizumu
I've seen several people wearing the same full-sized Sony phones at my college as of late, and although I hadn't heard of the MDR-CD180s before, I got a hunch that they're what I've seen after reading this thread. Sure enough, after looking up a picture of them on the web, they're it. Coincidence, or something more?
tongue.gif

really? ok, now this is getting pretty strange. this would probably get worse if sony noticed this and stuck those horrible words "street style" on it. ugh
redface.gif

Nov 5, 2002 at 12:25 AM Post #113 of 855
Well here at my university 90% of people ware Steet Styles, some kind of ear buds, or Stock phones

I have seen 1 pair of porta pros. Someone in a larger model sony, but not one I recognize. And I also saw someone holding a full sized open heaphone, but I did not get a look at what it was.

Nov 5, 2002 at 8:02 AM Post #114 of 855
Quote:

Originally posted by zeplin
as rare as they are, i saw a guy wearing the sony MDR-F1's in a Starbucks...since i have those cans, i was really perplexed as to how he could easily hear his music since the F1's are such open cans and the music inside starbucks was playing at a pretty loud level (i even had to raise my voice a little to talk to my friend who sitting right next to me). maybe he was just tryin to look cool
smily_headphones1.gif
i have to have complete silence in order to get the most out of my F1's...otherwise, the slightest noise drowns out the music!

Wow. Another fashion victim
biggrin.gif
At least I use closed phones!

Nov 10, 2002 at 5:50 PM Post #115 of 855
I saw a guy who was waiting for the bus in Oakland High street wearing a V700DJ. It was hardly imagine people around my area whould spend money on headphone. I only saw crappy phone in my high school. Most of them are neckband and few cans (Sony CDXXX $20 that one and Black, CD (180, 780 ,X80 something like that) I forget. However, I saw one people wearing a AT's phone that looks like V300. And one of my friend really had a V300.
smily_headphones1.gif

Dec 9, 2002 at 2:34 AM Post #116 of 855
It's mostly stock earbuds, and the occassional Koss Portapro (they're expensive here though at about €100). Will that change when the cool-looking Senn px200s finally see the light of day? We'll see.

I was one of those that didn't think much about headphones. Sure I had ears, but I just figured headphones weren't any good...even though I used them more than speakers. That is until I visited my then bf in Helsinki. He had in his tiny one-room flat a pair of old Beyer 990s. I pointed and proclaimed those things huge and ugly, they must sound good. He said that's why he got em. Music is important, so if there's one thing to splurge on, this would be it. I saw the logic in it and immediately started exploring my old cds over again. It was the day I learned that headphones can be excellent.

I was hooked, and we're now married.
wink.gif

Dec 9, 2002 at 2:44 AM Post #118 of 855
Quote:

Originally posted by Ruahrc

As for me I finally have a respectable "rig"
smily_headphones1.gif
. 10GB WinPod and soon some Koss 35's. Later on (read: when my bank account has recovered itself) I will drop down on some ER-4P's. I've been burned too many times on buying "mediocre" products and have decided it's cheapest in the long run to buy the really quality items.

Ruahrc

You're right about that. Instead of jumping at the er6s, I really should have gotten the 4ps instead. Now I have to save up more money.
frown.gif

er6s are ok, but the 4ps are more ok.
wink.gif

Dec 9, 2002 at 3:06 AM Post #119 of 855
Lol, its funy that you guys mentioned MDR-CD180s, because my next door neighbor friend/kid got those a week after he saw me wearing my HD-580s outside. After he got them he said quote, "Mine are better because these are Sony's.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back