1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

    Dismiss Notice

headphone sightings?

Discussion in 'Portable Source Gear' started by driftwood, Mar 7, 2002.
Tags:
First
 
Back
33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42
44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53
Next
 
Last
  1. geforcewong
    I just feel bad for the people who lived their whole lives listening to stock TV speakers and computer speakers, then they decide to be cool and buy an Ipod that's like $200-$300 designed for music, and they think they're getting good music out of it with stock earpads.
     
  2. Manveer
    I saw someone at the gym wearing HD 497s (I think?) last week. I'm sure he thought I was a freak because I kept looking at his headphones so I could ID them later on.
     
  3. fewtch Contributor
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by masteraleph
    Whooo....got a live one. Guy walking around Penn's campus with a set of HD580s on his head. I was thinking "What? As a portable??"



    Hey why not... as long as his player will drive 'em OK (some will).
     
  4. CRS401
    Within the past month, I saw a few Sennheiser HD497 and a ER6i on the bus.
     
  5. rhythmdevils
    I saw myself in the mirror the other day wearing hd600's

    ...sorry
     
  6. paradio
    I like PHILIPS HP1000
    Not because I regard this as the best one in the world
    but should be the best after thinking its price and performance.
     
  7. Duncan Moderator
    I saw a guy this morning in Farringdon, London with a pair of either SR60s or SR80s...

    ...Definetly the first outdoor Grado wearer that i've [personally] seen.
     
  8. bangraman Contributor
    This guy sitting opposite me on an intercity train was staring at me. The intensity of his stare around my head was beginning to get a bit worrying so busied myself doing other things. I'd quickly look at him, and he'd be staring at me. This carried on throughout the journey. As I got off, I stared back at him and I realised why he might be doing this... he had a pair of E3c's on and possibly knew what the Qualia 010's were.
     
  9. Great King Bowse
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by Duncan
    I saw a guy this morning in Farringdon, London with a pair of either SR60s or SR80s...

    ...Definetly the first outdoor Grado wearer that i've [personally] seen.




    Heh, if that was the Islington, Angel area then that could've been me. Wore my SR60s to college for the first time today. Strangely I got complimented on them by a lot of people. Only for aesthetics though. [​IMG]
     
  10. wanderman
    I saw someone wearing senn hd-600 in the hall at school. My only conver was how they were hearing any of their music. [​IMG]
     
  11. rextrade
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by Duncan
    I saw a guy this morning in Farringdon, London with a pair of either SR60s or SR80s...

    ...Definetly the first outdoor Grado wearer that i've [personally] seen.




    I saw a beautiful young woman in Soho with SR60s last weekend. I think I'm in love (don't tell my girlfriend though). [​IMG]
     
  12. azncookiecutter
    nice, rextrade.
    best headphones i see around here in markham (north of toronto, canada) at my school are my friends ratshack headphones. full size ones, i think they were optimum ones or something. then there's this chinese guy who has a pair of g74s (one of the better sony streetstyles) .... wait, thats me in a mirror.
    other than that, i have yet to see other ones. most ppl have stock earbuds, and really craptacular ones too. my school doesnt have ipods (suprise suprise) as most ppl own gigantic pcdps or no name flash players. i personally have seen only 8 or 9 ipods around the school, and i personally know 3 , 2 with ipod minis and 1 with an ipod photo (and they use stock earbuds....ugh).
     
  13. das_bill
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by bangraman
    This guy sitting opposite me on an intercity train was staring at me. The intensity of his stare around my head was beginning to get a bit worrying so busied myself doing other things. I'd quickly look at him, and he'd be staring at me. This carried on throughout the journey. As I got off, I stared back at him and I realised why he might be doing this... he had a pair of E3c's on and possibly knew what the Qualia 010's were.



    HAHAHA Amazing! This made me laugh. I would have done the same thing.
     
  14. Duncan Moderator
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by Great King Bowse
    Heh, if that was the Islington, Angel area then that could've been me. Wore my SR60s to college for the first time today. Strangely I got complimented on them by a lot of people. Only for aesthetics though. [​IMG]



    lol...

    Was Clerkenwell / St. Johns Gate [​IMG]
     
  15. bangraman Contributor
    I've seen quite a lot of Grados in London. e.g. On the tube (wahaha, question: who was hearing more of the music, him or people standing beside him?), on the street (a man in a suit looking ridiculously pleased with himself... on one of the busiest and noisiest streeets in London).


    On a far more practical note, I also see quite a lot of HD25-1's (maybe more than the Grados) on a very wide age range. Surprisingly maybe but I don't think I've seen HD25-SP's.
     
First
 
Back
33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42
44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53
Next
 
Last

Share This Page