1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

headphone sightings?

Discussion in 'Portable Source Gear' started by driftwood, Mar 7, 2002.
Tags:
First

Back
32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41
43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52
Next

Last
  1. cerbie
    Sony MDR-Q22LP
    Sony MDR-Q55LP [​IMG]
    Big cheap Coby closed somethings (from the campus bookstore)
    Cheap Coby buds (from the campus bookstore)
    Cheap Koss street-style (not KSC55)
    And, of course, non-descript white earbuds going into a pocket...99.999% chance it's Apple.

Maybe I'll have to get some KSC75, and just give them to people [​IMG].

2. Spiritboxer Contributor
    Most of the folks I see in NYC are wearing the original white buds with their iPODs. I opted for a pair of grey Shure E3's for a better sound and so I wouldn't look like everyone else.

3. Jamirus99
    Best cans in my school are a beat up pair of AKG's one of my friends uses. I'm not sure of the model.

Second best goes to....that kid wearing Sony MDR-V300's (I believe, I looked at the model name today, but my memory's terrible.) Most kids still have the iPod headphones, or cheap colby wraparounds.

4. winged creature
    I see the Sony MDR-V300's all the time, terrible headphones though i sold mine they were so fatiguing to my ears and had no mids what so ever, the bass was muddy, the only thing was decent were the highs.

5. SFz
    Mostly
    iPod stock earphone
    Some other stock....

While I see a person once wearing a e3c, a HD457 (It seemed to be that). Never seen people with headphone bigger then the HD457 (so far).

PS: Seen some clip-ons, but I don't care about them much.

6. rayzian
    Quote:

Originally Posted by winged creature
    I see the Sony MDR-V300's all the time, terrible headphones though i sold mine they were so fatiguing to my ears and had no mids what so ever, the bass was muddy, the only thing was decent were the highs.

I remember when I had my V300s. I thought I had the best phones at my school (well, actually I did [​IMG]), as everyone else had either iPod buds, V150s or cheap low end Streetstyles (G52s and below). I still think they're one of the sexiest phones I've ever owned.

7. rayzian
    Oh yeah, I don't know if this has been posted before but.. there's a commercial (Yoplait yogurt) where it shows kid's fighting matrix style in a living room for the yogurt or something. One of the kids is wearing some silver Sennheisers (either HD457s or HD497s). I was pretty amazed seeing a 12 year old on TV have better phones than me (if they were 497s [​IMG]) I've also seen once, at the mall, some guy leaning against the wall sporting either the 457s or 497s, I had my V300s at the time and hid them in shame. [​IMG]

8. dragonman111
    Are the HD 497's pretty good. I was looking for something I could wear at home and so that I wont disturb my family when im listening downstairs and not have to take a while to remove like the e2c's if they are trying to talk to me.

9. Polarize
    Quote:

Originally Posted by rayzian
    Oh yeah, I don't know if this has been posted before but.. there's a commercial (Yoplait yogurt) where it shows kid's fighting matrix style in a living room for the yogurt or something. One of the kids is wearing some silver Sennheisers (either HD457s or HD497s). I was pretty amazed seeing a 12 year old on TV have better phones than me (if they were 497s [​IMG]) I've also seen once, at the mall, some guy leaning against the wall sporting either the 457s or 497s, I had my V300s at the time and hid them in shame. [​IMG]

Haha yeah, first time i saw that i was amazed. too bad they had to scratch off the big Sennheiser logo [​IMG]

Im in Vancouver...and there arent that many on my daily 2-3 hour bus rides [​IMG]

Theres mostly stock earbuds..ipod earbuds...lots of Sony DJ style and streetstyle. Best i saw was a D66Eggo [​IMG]

Then theres the guy with sony ex71sl...wait..thats me! (yeah i know they arent THAT great, but they are in comparison with everything else everyone else has [​IMG] )

10. coffeeaddict
    Quote:

Originally Posted by rayzian
    I remember when I had my V300s. I still think they're one of the sexiest phones I've ever owned.

The silver v300s were ridiculously sexy-- until everyone had them. Now, they're just the slut of headphones (at least up here in Calgary).

11. winged creature
    Where i go to University, in toronto, everyone has the V-300's, im so glad i sold mine off, now im debating btwn the grado sr-60 or the sony v66 eggos

12. gshan Contributor
    NBA on ABC - Al Michaels & Hubie Brown - HD25-1 w/ mic
    WWE smackdown - broadcaster/announcers wearing same HD25-1s with mic
    Extreme Home Makeover behind the scenes - camera and microphone guys were wearing V6's

---
    Oh and I saw some guy walking downtown in the financial district with some HD595s on. It looked a little ridiculous since he was in his suit and all, but he made up for it by being like 6'8" or something.

Also saw a police officer wearing the purple Koss Plugs for some reason. He was directing some traffic, maybe he was using them to slightly dampen the loud sounds.

13. dominator
    A couple of people at my school have Grade SR 60's, but that's the only good ones I've seen (besides mine, of course. [​IMG] )

14. LFC_SL
    sigh. all iPod whites, or black/silver stock ones. UK. Nuff said.

15. schwarzenneger
    i saw a guy this week wearing grado rs1's. [​IMG]

First

Back
32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41
43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52
Next

Last