Headphone Sightings 2
Sep 3, 2012 at 9:01 AM Post #7,141 of 12,415
I had a "Close Encounter" among a prideful Beats user

I went to the Mall for my sister to get her Nails done.
of course i could not go without bringing my Grado Sr80i's along and wear them with Pride; "And Low Volume"

i stood waiting at the second level, Grado's on my ears when a group of asian kids; among one had Beats Solo in Black. we made a really short 2 second eyecontact glimpse.
and He walked past me really close to me unlike the other kids.

I was not intimidated, as i had the more better price/perfomance Ratio Cans.

although, being the only one with Grado Sr80i's strolling about in the mall, i did get some looks from other people.
Nothing like seeing the bright silver The Prestige Series, Grado Labs that catches your sight while subconsciously looking at the buttoned earcups/ drivers, rodblocks, and vinyl headband

And I thought Asians were smart

Sep 3, 2012 at 9:04 AM Post #7,142 of 12,415
Skrillex is in town this weekend for a weekend-long music festival event and there is a big advertisement on the front page of the local newspaper.

A custom Beats by Dre Pro? I've never seen a Beats headphone looking like this, unless it's just really poor lighting. Maybe it's a prototype of the new Beats Executive?  :blink:

Tony Bennett will also be there. I probably won't be going to these events since tickets are pretty expensive for me. I would have liked to see Tony Bennett though, being the music legend he is.

Skrillex made a deal with beats audio that whenever he's in public for him to "advertise" beats

Sep 3, 2012 at 10:05 AM Post #7,143 of 12,415
This may not count as a sighting, but I was watching a video of the recording for Soviet March for Red Alert 3 and the singers were wearing Fostex RP series headphones, I couldn't tell the exact model since the video was blurry. The only headphones sightings today are generic buds and a Marshall Major, I saw the guy wearing the Major's quite a few times.

Sep 3, 2012 at 2:03 PM Post #7,144 of 12,415
on disney channel (this comercial was on for a stupid disney music vid) and the people recording thier voice has the ath-m50, and i say this dj and the mall playing music and he had buyerdynamic something, i think dt990 or t5?

Sep 3, 2012 at 6:35 PM Post #7,145 of 12,415
Sep 3, 2012 at 7:19 PM Post #7,147 of 12,415
Saw the usual ibuds and a pair of noise canceling Bose today. First day of school tomorrow, so I'm curious if I'll see anything worthwhile. I remember seeing Porta Pro's last year, but that's it.

Sep 3, 2012 at 7:43 PM Post #7,148 of 12,415
I ha my First day of school a week ago. dang u start soooooo late. Anyway i have only seen things like ibuds and crappy no brands that dorks think are cool. haha. anywayyyy i bring qc15's for the bus to cancel anoyin people that are as loud as blohorns. Then when im around i use my senn hd 600 with a portable amp. people are like those are weird headphones and wut is that box thing. After they heard my rig they did not want to take it off. others were bieng stubborn like "they sound barely different then the ones i get with my ipod." Those are the people that hate to be proved wrong. If you are wonderin where i get all of this money is because we share headphones as a family so we pay for it as a family.

Sep 3, 2012 at 8:20 PM Post #7,149 of 12,415
Quote:
haha, im Filipino "pacific islander"/ Born in usa

so i dont know what that makes me

According to the colleges I'm applying to, it makes us Asian. Sadly. I'd prefer to be lumped with other Pacific islanders.

Sep 3, 2012 at 11:31 PM Post #7,151 of 12,415
I saw a pair of K3003i's on the train. very surprised.

Sep 3, 2012 at 11:38 PM Post #7,152 of 12,415
Quote:
I saw a pair of K3003i's on the train. very surprised.

Understandably... their price point puts them in rarified territory - most people dropping 1K+ on in-ears are going to buy customs. 

Sep 4, 2012 at 7:34 AM Post #7,153 of 12,415
Quote:
if that was me i probobly would have reacted MUCH MORE AGRESSIVLY! 

Why? Violence is never the best solution. Actually, I think it is a sign of weakness. Put them in their place verbally and walk away, it will affect them more in the long run...

And I did spot some headphones today. A cyclist wearing portapros while I was waiting at a trafficlight in Gouda, the Netherlands), and a few minutes later, while waiting for an open bridge, a jogger wearing Shure se215.

Sep 4, 2012 at 8:10 AM Post #7,154 of 12,415
Beats everywhere.

Makes me so sad...

Sep 4, 2012 at 10:04 AM Post #7,155 of 12,415
In my neck of the woods most people use the earbuds that come with their DAPs/Phones, the general consensus here though is bigger is better 
basshead.gif
 and are quite shocked when they listen to my CKM500 or fairly bassy earphones or portable headphones. I find that most people who are hesitant to spend money on earphones/headphones are this way as they've bought more expensive gear in the past and have it only last for a year or less.

I've managed to get a lot of people buying those Phillips Dsnuts and Joe Bloggs recommend though and most of them are quite shocked at the bass and how small it is (Most of them coming from HD202s) 
L3000.gif

Headphones that are generally seen in my neck of woods though are 

Beats, HD 201s, HD 202s, http://www.panasonic.co.nz/products/accessories/headphones/rp-hje120e-a/ and the cheaper Skullcandy Products. 

No one ever buys the Koss KSC75 whenever I recommend them though 
frown.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back