Headphone Sightings 2
Sep 2, 2012 at 12:46 PM Post #7,126 of 12,415
Seriously??? Did she look smart enough to know what kind of headphones she was wearing or did it look more as if she got it as a gift???

Could have gone either way. I do know they sell them at the Apple store because I helped my friend decide on them and she apparently found them there. She was a hipsterish type so I'm really not too sure. Should've awkwardly approached her. :p

Sep 2, 2012 at 1:30 PM Post #7,127 of 12,415
Should've awkwardly approached her. :p

It's the only way sometimes.

Next time just go. Head-Fi got your back.

This message is sponsored by every Head-Fier's SO who has ever recommended shotgunning a beer first thing in the morning. We as a community salute the brave spouses and partners who put up with our nerdy ways, and our overindulgences.

Sep 2, 2012 at 9:06 PM Post #7,128 of 12,415
Could have gone either way. I do know they sell them at the Apple store because I helped my friend decide on them and she apparently found them there. She was a hipsterish type so I'm really not too sure. Should've awkwardly approached her. :p

Hm... Hipster girl says beats are too mainstream (which they are) so decides to go with the Amperior??? :cool:

Sep 2, 2012 at 9:15 PM Post #7,129 of 12,415
Quote:
Hm... Hipster girl says beats are too mainstream (which they are) so decides to go with the Amperior???
cool.gif

What's wrong with the Amperior? 
confused.gif
  I rather like it. 
smile.gif

Sep 2, 2012 at 9:53 PM Post #7,131 of 12,415
Quote:
yeah, but the kids at my school are so clueless they don't even know what bass is?!?! 

So I guess for the whole school year I'm going to be suffering through this whole "beats army" 

What's up with that anyway? Are they trying to go for world domination, or be a group of rebellious people? It reminds me of Dumbledore's Army from Harry Potter.

I saw the Beats by Dre Facebook page and this was my reaction:

"Whyyyyyy?" D:

Sep 2, 2012 at 10:42 PM Post #7,132 of 12,415
My first sighting was that I saw two people have the Sony XB 700's and one of them was taped up XD on the side.. I see a bunch of Beats by dr. Dre -___- Skullcandy aviators. a wave of iBuds. I brought my vmoda crossfade lps over there, and everyone just couldn't stop looking! They got so jealous xP

Sep 2, 2012 at 11:42 PM Post #7,136 of 12,415
Quote:

What's wrong with the Amperior? 
confused.gif
  I rather like it. 
smile.gif

It's especially cool since they don't suck. But I will admit $300 is a lot for what's essentially a slightly better, prettier, HD25.

Sep 3, 2012 at 12:53 AM Post #7,137 of 12,415
Quote:
It's especially cool since they don't suck. But I will admit $300 is a lot for what's essentially a slightly better, prettier, HD25.

I suppose it's a bit steep atm, but I still like it even at that price.  The HD 25 is excellent (for that type of can) as well, but I can definitely hear a difference between the two and I like the Amperior's improved sense of PRaT much more.
smile.gif

Sep 3, 2012 at 2:25 AM Post #7,138 of 12,415
I had a "Close Encounter" among a prideful Beats user

I went to the Mall for my sister to get her Nails done.
of course i could not go without bringing my Grado Sr80i's along and wear them with Pride; "And Low Volume"

i stood waiting at the second level, Grado's on my ears when a group of asian kids; among one had Beats Solo in Black. we made a really short 2 second eyecontact glimpse.
and He walked past me really close to me unlike the other kids.

I was not intimidated, as i had the more better price/perfomance Ratio Cans.

although, being the only one with Grado Sr80i's strolling about in the mall, i did get some looks from other people.
Nothing like seeing the bright silver The Prestige Series, Grado Labs that catches your sight while subconsciously looking at the buttoned earcups/ drivers, rodblocks, and vinyl headband

Sep 3, 2012 at 8:53 AM Post #7,140 of 12,415
What's up with that anyway? Are they trying to go for world domination, or be a group of rebellious people? It reminds me of Dumbledore's Army from Harry Potter.

I saw the Beats by Dre Facebook page and this was my reaction:

"Whyyyyyy?" D:

Apparently. One of my friends (I barely even liked her) said that she got these "spiderman" beats and that beats are so awesome. Once I told her that beats suck she told me that she wasn't my friend.... Yeah I guess you could call them a group of rebellious people.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back