Headphone Sightings 2
Dec 29, 2011 at 5:13 AM Post #5,971 of 12,415

Quote:
The Aviators are actually good phones. Never heard any legit head-fi hate on them.

For sure! My brother (who is 14) really wanted to buy Beats with money he saved up and I told him "Hold up. Do NOT buy them. Give me one chance to take you to Best Buy."

After we AB'd the Aviators, he was sold. So proud, haha.

Dec 29, 2011 at 6:27 AM Post #5,972 of 12,415
Saw a Panasonic HTX7 and a blue supra aural that was too far away to be identified. Friend bought some TDK IEMs today, even though I told him it'd probably suck. They sounded muddy, muffled and crappy in general. 
mad.gif
Also saw two guys looking at Beats headphones and then mess around with a DJ controller so much that an employee at the electronics store had to go and stop them. (Dudes, turning the volume up and down very quickly doesn't make you a DJ)

Dec 29, 2011 at 11:10 AM Post #5,975 of 12,415

Quote:
Yeah, they are EXTREMELY popular amongst basketball players. I'm talking like half the team usually has them.

And if not the Beats, they're either the $20 Sonys or Skullcandys (amongst the football players too).

Btw I heard Sol's are better than the Beats at least, not too sure. Still probably crappy I'm assuming.

Dec 29, 2011 at 11:34 AM Post #5,976 of 12,415

Quote:
Btw I heard So(u)l's(?) are better than the Beats at least, not too sure. Still probably crappy I'm assuming.

Not crappy, per se. Just not a good value. There are many better sounding headphones for much less money. 

Dec 29, 2011 at 12:50 PM Post #5,977 of 12,415

Quote:

And if not the Beats, they're either the $20 Sonys or Skullcandys (amongst the football players too).

Btw I heard Sol's are better than the Beats at least, not too sure. Still probably crappy I'm assuming.

SoL's have a deep clean punchy bass, midrange and treble is flat in a bad way. Read my review, link in sig.

The HD's and regular SoL's are the same in terms of sound, I have both.

Dec 29, 2011 at 1:14 PM Post #5,978 of 12,415
Anyone in here from Purdue that walks around with "Ginormous" headphones? My friend was telling me a story that involved you. If you use a pair of A900's, I applaud you.

*EDIT* If this is you, please PM me. 
blink.gif

Dec 29, 2011 at 3:28 PM Post #5,979 of 12,415
Saw a young man with a  white PX200-ii at Mirdiff City Centre. 

Dec 30, 2011 at 3:30 AM Post #5,980 of 12,415

Quote:
The Aviators are actually good phones. Never heard any legit head-fi hate on them.

yeah i heard how skullcandy is trying to enter "our" realm with the aviators. Sony's XB1000's are also trying and succeding...the Beats Pro's on the other hand.....do you think lowering the bass and making the mids a little more pronounced.......will have us at your beck and call? nice try ewwww..... i would have gotten an XB500 over those Beats pro's ANY DAY! 

i was at best buy the other day. saw them...was going to try them..but i didn't bring my itouch :frowning2:

Dec 30, 2011 at 4:02 AM Post #5,981 of 12,415
Saw a little kid (8th grader perhaps) with red Beats Solos around his neck outside Muvico. No cable of course. 4 foot boy running around trying to look cool.... literally.

By the way, I've noticed that the grades below us keep getting shorter and shorter. 95% of the kids kids in 8th grade at my middle school are at least 2 heads shorter than I am...

Btwz, my cousin got one of those new colored Beats Studios... Because they were colorful.

He also has some broken Beats Tours that I listened to, and they sounded about as good as my apple earbuds. My MDTs were way smoother, as the Tours sounded incredibly edgy.

Dec 30, 2011 at 4:05 AM Post #5,982 of 12,415

Quote:
Saw a little kid (8th grader perhaps) with red Beats Solos around his neck outside Muvico. No cable of course. 4 foot boy running around trying to look cool.... literally.

By the way, I've noticed that the grades below us keep getting shorter and shorter. 95% of the kids kids in 8th grade at my middle school are at least 2 heads shorter than I am...

Btwz, my cousin got one of those new colored Beats Studios... Because they were colorful.

He also has some broken Beats Tours that I listened to, and they sounded about as good as my apple earbuds. My MDTs were way smoother, as the Tours sounded incredibly edgy.

haha have you seen the new fashion. it's where you wear your beats around your head(cranium itself) !!!! super good looking at taht :)

and yes. dem middle schoolers get smaller every year :/

Dec 30, 2011 at 4:15 AM Post #5,984 of 12,415

Quote:
Yep. See it every once in a while from a kid who brings his Studios to school everyday. 

i'll start bringing my set into my classes once i get my FiiO E17 and Shure SE215's :)

what do you mean?
I'll hve my Shure SRH 440's cabless and around my neck. My HFI 580's on my head(as in listening too) and then have the E17 publicaly displayed in a very noticable position with the fancy wires and the the SE215 case just open and haning around on the desk. i'll kick my legs up and act like i don't give a...you know what.
http://i.imgur.com/tn8U4.gif

Dec 30, 2011 at 4:25 AM Post #5,985 of 12,415

Quote:

i'll start bringing my set into my classes once i get my FiiO E17 and Shure SE215's :)

what do you mean?
I'll hve my Shure SRH 440's cabless and around my neck. My HFI 580's on my head(as in listening too) and then have the E17 publicaly displayed in a very noticable position with the fancy wires and the the SE215 case just open and haning around on the desk. i'll kick my legs up and act like i don't give a...you know what.
http://i.imgur.com/tn8U4.gif

That's the way you do it. :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Back