Headphone Sightings 2
Dec 5, 2011 at 9:14 PM Post #5,627 of 12,415
Some ath m30s on a college student. 

Dec 5, 2011 at 11:14 PM Post #5,631 of 12,415
Don't get me started at my school... all I see are Gummy IEMs, Apple earbuds, and Beats Solos (a couple of Studios). I've only seen one headphone stand out and it was a guy wearing these Sol Republic Tracks. The worst part is, one of my friends bought these fake Beats Studios online from China (he knows it) for $35 and everybody thinks that they sound great. I've listened to them, and I believe they are complete trash. I really think it's funny when people are all like "Wow! These are the best headphones I've ever heard! I can't even hear anything outside! Amazing bass!" Hahah. I am knew to the Head-Fi community and hope to have a great time here. I am a audiophile noob and just starting to appreciate nice sound. But, considering I'm only 14, I don't think it's not that bad. I ordered a pair of Audio Techncia ATH-50S, and they should be coming tomorrow, so I'm excited. Can not wait to bust these babies out and be like "Mhm... Yeah.". :p

First post :D

Dec 5, 2011 at 11:19 PM Post #5,632 of 12,415

Quote:
Don't get me started at my school... all I see are Gummy IEMs, Apple earbuds, and Beats Solos (a couple of Studios). I've only seen one headphone stand out and it was a guy wearing these Sol Republic Tracks. The worst part is, one of my friends bought these fake Beats Studios online from China (he knows it) for $35 and everybody thinks that they sound great. I've listened to them, and I believe they are complete trash. I really think it's funny when people are all like "Wow! These are the best headphones I've ever heard! I can't even hear anything outside! Amazing bass!" Hahah. I am knew to the Head-Fi community and hope to have a great time here. I am a audiophile noob and just starting to appreciate nice sound. But, considering I'm only 14, I don't think it's not that bad. I ordered a pair of Audio Techncia ATH-50S, and they should be coming tomorrow, so I'm excited. Can not wait to bust these babies out and be like "Mhm... Yeah.". :p

Same here! High school is the place to start trending :\ Getting my HFI 580's soon (this week), though. Really excited! It's pretty hilarious though, when people ask to try out Beats and they put it on and feel completely alienated and lost in awe. Maybe I should show them some real headphones? :wink:

It's kind of sad, though. I have a friend who got the Beats and he lives and swears by it. I ask to borrow it every once in a while to listen to it (JVC Marshmallows aren't the most fun thing to listen to music through) but every time I do, I wonder why I make bad decisions.

Dec 5, 2011 at 11:47 PM Post #5,633 of 12,415

Quote:
Same here! High school is the place to start trending :\ Getting my HFI 580's soon (this week), though. Really excited! It's pretty hilarious though, when people ask to try out Beats and they put it on and feel completely alienated and lost in awe. Maybe I should show them some real headphones? :wink:

It's kind of sad, though. I have a friend who got the Beats and he lives and swears by it. I ask to borrow it every once in a while to listen to it (JVC Marshmallows aren't the most fun thing to listen to music through) but every time I do, I wonder why I make bad decisions.

My High School students actually have some pretty good audio products floating around due to the many requests I have gotten over the past year or so. It's either: "Should I get the Beat's By Dre or (insert off brand name here?" "No, you should get (insert best budget to price ratio product here, Brainwavz M1...) these instead. Trust me".

Dec 5, 2011 at 11:57 PM Post #5,634 of 12,415
Dec 6, 2011 at 3:10 AM Post #5,635 of 12,415
Some guy walked into class late sporting a DT 770 M!  First time seeing a Beyerdynamic in public.

Dec 6, 2011 at 7:31 AM Post #5,636 of 12,415

Quote:
Some guy walked into class late sporting a DT 770 M!  First time seeing a Beyerdynamic in public.

Too big for portable use. You look like a total nutjob wearing those in public, imho. 

Dec 6, 2011 at 8:30 AM Post #5,637 of 12,415

Quote:

Gummy Earbuds plz. IEM's are In Ear Monitors. Earbuds have those buds that most IEMS and what not have. Earphones are basically the apple earbuds. 

Dec 6, 2011 at 2:53 PM Post #5,639 of 12,415

Users who are viewing this thread

Back