Headphone Sightings 2
Mar 2, 2009 at 1:46 AM Post #1,352 of 12,415
One kid has a pair of Bose Triports. Thats about it as for "high quality" headphones, even though they aren't good.

I saw one kid wearing an IEM in the "over the ear" fashion, so i figured they might have been quality. Other than that, nothing =[

Mar 2, 2009 at 3:37 AM Post #1,353 of 12,415
I haven't seen so much as a set of PortaPros or PX100s yet. Sony, Skullcandy, and iBuds, that's pretty much all. Problem is, people around here, when getting headphones, head to Wal-Mart/Best Buy/Future Shop/etc. There aren't any shops nearby specializing in audio, so the only way to go is buying online, but no one cares enough to do that much research. I'm starting to think that this is the average person's understanding of audio:

Skullcandy - Cool headphones
Sony - Good well-known brand
BOSE - The high-end headphones
Beats by Dr. Dre - High end and cool

frown.gif
Why don't people just take 10-20 minutes to look this stuff up?

Mar 2, 2009 at 3:41 AM Post #1,354 of 12,415
I've recently been seeing one of my friends using a new pair of bose qc3 around school. It may not be too well regarded around here, but at least its a step up from skullcandy. Both are grossly overpriced, but at least bose doesn't sound like a flamboyantly cased fart cannon.
wink.gif

Mar 2, 2009 at 4:16 AM Post #1,355 of 12,415
Some kid who seems to live by me had some SR60s. We walk by each other to/from class on a fairly regular basis.

Someone on campus had protra pros. On rare occasion I will see a pair of e2Cs on campus. I think that person graduated though, its been a while.

Mar 5, 2009 at 4:30 AM Post #1,357 of 12,415
Guy who occasionally stands at the bus stop with me has a pair of PX100's.

Guy on my train has a pair of HD212, another has Portapros.

Guy on the subway had a pair of Grados with the yellow pads.. another with 'Beats by Dr. Dre'.

My buddy at school has a pair of Bose OE which he enjoys, other friend had Klipsch Image which he recently lost and may just replace with the model down.

Bought my girlfriend PX100's and forced her to throw aside her ibuds, but "they sound the same, i don't get the big deal". Win some, lose some
frown.gif

Mar 5, 2009 at 5:02 AM Post #1,358 of 12,415
Quote:

Originally Posted by zenzsh /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Bought my girlfriend PX100's and forced her to throw aside her ibuds, but "they sound the same, i don't get the big deal". Win some, lose some
frown.gif

Sadly that's what a lot of people would think trying better headphones for a short period of time. Once mental break in occurs, it's hard to go back down
smile.gif

Mar 5, 2009 at 5:13 PM Post #1,359 of 12,415
More of the same crap everyday..the usual..

cheap >$20 in-ears
cheap >$30 clip-ons (non KSC-75) (Sony, Phillips, TDK...)
More skullcandies and ibuds...

Although there was one glimmer of hope in I thought I saw an Asian dude (not me, another Asian dude :p) with some Nuforce NE-8's.

Had a good look at them as I was on the bus, over-the-ear, had the 'NU' sign on them, went pretty deep into the ear...

Mar 5, 2009 at 7:03 PM Post #1,360 of 12,415
I'm starting to see SR60's pop up around the UT campus.

Yesterday on the subway I saw an AKG K240. First time seeing a higher end headphone up close.

Mar 6, 2009 at 3:44 AM Post #1,361 of 12,415
Quote:

Originally Posted by cegras /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yesterday on the subway I saw an AKG K240. First time seeing a higher end headphone up close.

Haha, I saw one of those yesterday too. I saw an HD280 a few days back on the Subway on my way to work, and I've been seeing some more SR60/80/125s as well. I can't imagine why people would wear those on the Subway, or outside downtown...

Mar 6, 2009 at 4:21 AM Post #1,362 of 12,415
Seem to be a lot of UofT based sightings ITT. I saw HD212s on the train this morning and sr60/80s (too far to tell) on the way home. Couple people in my program sport Bose, which is disheartening.

Mar 6, 2009 at 4:33 AM Post #1,363 of 12,415
So many Grado 60 and 80's, and portapros on my campus now! I hate grados for campus listening (really bad with ambient noise imo). I see portapros on hipsters. No, wait, I see both on hipsters, and grados on non-hipsters as well.

Mar 6, 2009 at 7:18 AM Post #1,365 of 12,415
OMG I saw a cute hot blonde wearing Beyerdynamic DJX1 this morning boarding the bus to university, this is possibly the most expensive high-end headphones ive seen as of yet. :O

She reminds me of Germania's avatar.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back