Headphone Sightings 2
Feb 9, 2008 at 6:40 AM Post #796 of 12,415
Quote:

Originally Posted by Rednamalas1 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
L3000s @ my school, playing straight out of iPod touch...that hurt my feelings...

Audio Technica l3000's? out of an iphone. that is sad at least use a cmoy.

Feb 9, 2008 at 6:43 AM Post #797 of 12,415
Clear Super.fi 3s on the bus tonight, and those wooden Audio Technica clipons on a guy I passed going into the bathroom in the physics building at UofT.

Feb 9, 2008 at 6:54 AM Post #798 of 12,415
Being new to the audiophile scene, I was shocked and excited to see a guy walking around the gym at my school wearing a pair of SR-60 Grados. I enthusiastically asked him about them; he was friendly and positive and even let me try them on (my first with a Grado).

Feb 9, 2008 at 6:58 AM Post #799 of 12,415
Quote:

L3000s @ my school, playing straight out of iPod touch...that hurt my feelings...

*stabs self*

Ouch... Whyyyy!? D8

Feb 9, 2008 at 8:24 AM Post #801 of 12,415
Here in the Philippines, mainly sennheiser px100, pmx200 (whatever the streetstyle ones are), a handful of akg k26p's.

I see stores carrying a few other brands and models, just never see them on the street. Although I myself have stopped wearing my sr80s in public, not enough isolation for our noisy city.

Feb 9, 2008 at 8:56 AM Post #802 of 12,415
I actually think I saw a guy with a pair of livewires! Just some college student standing in line in front of me at a quick-e-mart kind of place. I almost could not believe it!

Feb 9, 2008 at 10:17 AM Post #803 of 12,415
Quote:

Originally Posted by Zephyron /img/forum/go_quote.gif
*stabs self*

Ouch... Whyyyy!? D8

It hurt my feelings X2
First, it was L3000 *drooooool
Second, it was L3000 playing out of iPod touch (we know this isn't the best source to begin with)
I think it was a rich kid who really needs to take a look at this forum...
Then again, I can't think of ANY portable amp that will mate with L3000 all that well....:S Lisa - maybe?

Another headphone sighting:
some guy was walking around with Ultrasone Pro 2500.... in the rain!! no umbrellas or hood on :S

Feb 9, 2008 at 3:08 PM Post #804 of 12,415
Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiComm4 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Being new to the audiophile scene, I was shocked and excited to see a guy walking around the gym at my school wearing a pair of SR-60 Grados. I enthusiastically asked him about them; he was friendly and positive and even let me try them on (my first with a Grado).

Your ears have lost their virginity
biggrin.gif

Feb 9, 2008 at 4:28 PM Post #805 of 12,415
Quote:

eek.gif
I'd be very hard pressed to even take my L3000s outside!

Feb 10, 2008 at 3:55 AM Post #807 of 12,415
Saw a student in SFSU (dorm student around 2 years ago) with DT770, saw a girl with audio technica 700 ?? (2 days ago), alot of Ibuds, PX100s, Sony MDR V-150, V700DJ, ER4s (i haven't been in this forum b4 so i was wondering what the heck is that phone is lol, i was using my E2C and mini Ipod which is sux much xD in the bus to CCSF). I just saw a guy with his son in Apple store today (Stonestown Mall) using V-moda vibe (i think he is comparing his V-moda to the one in the store) and also the famous BOSE (a guy just bought his (noise cancelling) and tried on the bench in the mall poor guy imo xD)

Feb 10, 2008 at 4:20 AM Post #808 of 12,415
I was at target a while back when I remembered the $10 Skullcandy INKd phones, I decided I might as well try them out, they had to be better than iPod bundled buds while I was waiting for my 15 day delivery X3is.

So the next day in class I was playing with them, rolling them around in my hands when the guy who sits behind me notices and gets REALLY excited. I showed them to him, he opened his backpack and showed me his 2 Skullcandy items. A full sized pair of cans, he told me they cost $80, and a pair of IEMs that he told me were $40. He went on and on about how they were the best headphones ever.

I didn't want to seem snobbish so I just told him yeah, they do sound pretty nice while thinking of head-fi. Made me smile.

Feb 10, 2008 at 4:22 AM Post #809 of 12,415
I for got about this, but some time in the summer I saw some hardcore punk teenager with a bunch of chains and leather clothing on, and was wheeling around some sort of bomb behind him and listing (rather loudly), with some vintage AKGs on.

Feb 12, 2008 at 12:51 PM Post #810 of 12,415
Yesterday morning on the el I saw a girl with some big black Koss cans on. They were sealed circumaural and it looked like the outside of the enclosure was brushed plastic or something. On the right driver there was what appeared to be a circular thing, maybe a volume knob, right above the Koss logo. It looked kind of interesting and it seemed like it would isolate a lot. Anyone know what it is?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back