Headphone Sightings 2
Feb 17, 2008 at 11:06 PM Post #826 of 12,415
Dougboy, it's a Sennheiser HD200 Master. It's meant to be used under heavy-duty/rough situations seeing that it has a replaceable Kevlar-reinforced cable.

Feb 18, 2008 at 11:19 PM Post #828 of 12,415
I saw another pair of Sennheiser HD-415 on someone's head on campus. Besides the iPod type of look, do they sound good or something? I think its the 4th time I saw it since last month.

Feb 22, 2008 at 6:45 PM Post #830 of 12,415
hey has any of you seen the new american express commercial? the plumcard one. it shows an audiophile store owner and he is waring the akg 701's. HAHA now i get to be the first one to spot it and write it. in your face head-fi. one for me...and still like two billion for you.

Feb 23, 2008 at 5:35 PM Post #832 of 12,415
Quote:

Originally Posted by marctonmaui /img/forum/go_quote.gif
hey has any of you seen the new american express commercial? the plumcard one. it shows an audiophile store owner and he is waring the akg 701's. HAHA now i get to be the first one to spot it and write it. in your face head-fi. one for me...and still like two billion for you.

Hahaha, I saw that too, thought it was pretty neat, but never thought it would count here :p. Good find though
biggrin.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by Orubasarot /img/forum/go_quote.gif
First of all, this thread is perverted, although I sure as hell did participate about 5 years ago.

Now I'm in the Audio program at Columbia and I often see classmates in the lab sport AKG 240s and Beyerdynamic DT770s. What's funny is that no one has any idea what my Sennheiser HD650s are, and I was even asked how come I stopped bringing my DT250-250s to class.

The 650s are a lot smaller than I expected, so they aren't exactly a crown for the headphone nerd elite. Plus thanks to Bose and Skullcandy they just look like "big goofy headphones" to anyone who doesn't give a damn (pffft, peons).

I really thought the second I'd walk into class I would get highfives from everybody and then they'd buy me pizza and tie my shoes.

perverted...what?!?

Feb 23, 2008 at 6:06 PM Post #833 of 12,415
Saw a guy wearing SR225s at SD airport recently. I wanted to pull out my pair back when I had 225s and go sit next to him, lol
Also, a guy next to me on a flight to Detroit was wearing a pair of ATH-ANC7, just for isolation though, as they were not plugged in and he was reading.
One of my co-workers had a HD575, another one had a HD280
Saw some guy wearing a SE530 at the bus stop. He was doing what people do with ibuds sometimes - one earpiece in, another hanging down, talking to a friend. Stupid rich kids
redface.gif

Feb 23, 2008 at 8:22 PM Post #834 of 12,415
Quote:

Originally Posted by marctonmaui /img/forum/go_quote.gif

YouTube - AmEx Plum Card Commercial - Featuring MusicDirect
cool.gif

Feb 23, 2008 at 10:51 PM Post #836 of 12,415
Not exaclt sightings but there were some at the autoshow last week and i snapped a few pics

dsc00861to3.jpg

dsc00873oe9.jpg

And not really headphones but i got to audition this rig inside the Audi S5

dsc00860ug6.jpg

*We should really start posting pictures instead of just saying what we saw (although taking pictures of random people on the street might be weird)

Feb 25, 2008 at 5:15 PM Post #839 of 12,415
Last Friday coming north on the brown line from downtown I saw a guy wearing some clear IEMs with a cable that went over his ear. Sure enough, he said they were the SF3s. He wasn't a head-fier but he's aware of this site, just hasn't joined.

Therefore, I am not sorry for his wallet.
cool.gif

Feb 29, 2008 at 3:05 PM Post #840 of 12,415
Hey yesterday I saw..... ESW9's in Tech Express being driven by an Alienware Laptop.

Clearly a Northwestern student, if you are a member here let me know - I was the one wearing the ES7's.

The guy was asian, so I do not know if he knows about them from being in japan or something (we have a LOT of international students).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back