Headphone Sightings 2
Jan 29, 2008 at 12:23 AM Post #781 of 12,415
Oh my.. A person from my school was sporting the Denon C700K's. Just surprised me because my school doesn't allow mp3 players. However, this was after school.

Jan 31, 2008 at 4:18 PM Post #782 of 12,415
When I used to travel for my old job biweekly a lot of the regulars on my hub flights would rock QC's very few had any good taste. There was this regular used to do EWR->LAX on Delta a bit that had some HD600's Quote:

Originally Posted by Ernie Mccracken /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I fly frequently and see lots and lots of Bose QC's. Ugh. Does that count?

Jan 31, 2008 at 5:04 PM Post #783 of 12,415
I saw a lot of Bose yesterday (the circumaural type). Not sure if they were QC or tri-port or whatever. I have a feeling that most people were just wearing them because the wind chill here in Chicago was like -25 F.

Waiting for the red line after class I saw a guy wearing Sony V500.

Jan 31, 2008 at 5:20 PM Post #784 of 12,415
Yesterday in my advertising class, I talked a bit about BOSE and their marketing vs sound through "research" (their tag line)- yada yada... I basically bashed BOSE's ethics and actual products.

After class I saw one of the kids put on his triports, he turned and gave me the stink eye and I laughed it off.
smily_headphones1.gif

I wished I had a cheap pair of 75's to show him how my $20 was put through better use. pfff people need to research before making expensive purchases. I am beginning to think advertisements and marketing are for the ignorant (assuming you purchase on a whim without prior research or knowledge).

Jan 31, 2008 at 5:39 PM Post #785 of 12,415
I saw a pair of skullcandy's by the mall today! I never seen them before. I looked back to see if they really where (was writing on the headband) and the guy looked at me real funny... probably thought i was admiring his pimp phones... i had my superfi 3 in...

Jan 31, 2008 at 9:13 PM Post #786 of 12,415
I saw some guy with HD650's by St. John's, just 5-10 minutes ago.. He was on his phone, though, so I didn't bother asking if he was a Head-fier.
It was my first hi-fi sighting. I mostly see iBuds around NYC..

Jan 31, 2008 at 9:29 PM Post #787 of 12,415
Saw a girl walking down the street wearing Grados. I think they were SR-60s. I had to restrain my impulse to shout out "Nice cans, baby!"

Feb 4, 2008 at 4:31 AM Post #788 of 12,415
Twice now I saw a guy wearing HD-280s on the bus I take to school. I'm a bit surprised because walking in those isn't really fun and the ride to school is only about 7 minutes. To be fair, I didn't see if he got off at the school or not.

Feb 4, 2008 at 4:43 AM Post #789 of 12,415
At my school, things have become very dim. A rash of Bose Triport users have emerged amongst the "in" crowd, and they do look rather ridiculous with them on in the hallways.
redface.gif

On a better note though, my best friend and my girlfriend have both sided with Koss KSC75s, and my other good friend sports a Yuin PK2.
biggrin.gif

Feb 4, 2008 at 4:49 AM Post #790 of 12,415
In montreal grados seem to be pretty popular along with the px100s. I just hope the people buying the px100s aren't paying through the nose in store (I've seen some stores sell them for 100 CDN$, now that we're close to on par with the US$ that's pretty scary) I paid 45bucks.

The lower end beyerdynamics and sennheiser seem pretty popular. Of course everyone sports the ibuds and the sony vdrdjwhatchamacallit are pretty popular.

Marketing seems to be the big player, bose and sony rule mostly.

I normally wear K81dj or px100s.

However I think I saw a guy wearing AKG 701 or 601s once while grocery shopping. I was jealous as hell - not so sure I'd ever get phones that big though.

Feb 8, 2008 at 2:38 PM Post #791 of 12,415
St. Johns in Brooklyn(Parkslope) it might have been me.

Quote:

Originally Posted by BetaLyr /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I saw some guy with HD650's by St. John's, just 5-10 minutes ago.. He was on his phone, though, so I didn't bother asking if he was a Head-fier.
It was my first hi-fi sighting. I mostly see iBuds around NYC..

Feb 9, 2008 at 1:38 AM Post #794 of 12,415
Quote:

Originally Posted by galupo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
St. Johns in Brooklyn(Parkslope) it might have been me.

Actually, it was St. John's in Fresh Meadows, Queens.

Saw a guy with Audio-Technicas today, on the Q30 at around 5. Looked kind of like the S5J, but I didn't get a good look..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back