Headphone Sightings 2
Jan 25, 2008 at 5:28 PM Post #768 of 12,415
Surprising number of headphones where i work. Most of them are mine, of course, since i rotate the collection. But still more coworkers with less-than-random headphone choices than I'm used to working with.

Not all great headphones, mostly in the range of some of the better (but still cheap) kosses and the odd hd212, etc. But there's a coder near my cube with an hd590 and a kramer-modded, headbanded ksc75. And the admin with the MDR-V700DJ tells me he keeps his DT770Pro at home.

I think (hope?) I am the only forum member here, though.

Jan 25, 2008 at 8:47 PM Post #770 of 12,415
I saw two guys on the Vancouver Skytrain walk onto the same train at the same time, both wearing AKG's. I have never seen anyone wearing AKG's in my life, and these two guys were NOT together. I was gonna ask if either one of them were head-fi, but decided not to since they looked like two of the biggest cast rejects from Revenge of the Nerds ever. That said I just assumed they were Head-fi
biggrin.gif

Jan 25, 2008 at 11:22 PM Post #771 of 12,415
Quote:

Originally Posted by mrdeadfolx /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I saw two guys on the Vancouver Skytrain walk onto the same train at the same time, both wearing AKG's. ...

Which type?

Does AKG K 24 P count? If so, I saw a dude wearing them today in the bus.

Jan 25, 2008 at 11:26 PM Post #772 of 12,415
At this moment:

Guy sitting in row of computers ahead of me at the college library is wearing the same set that I am (PX100). Library is too quiet and so I am going to stay quiet too and not ask if he likes them. Right now I am using them with an amp, because I can.
biggrin.gif
I am not sure yet if I can discern a difference since I have not really done an A/B yet.

Jan 25, 2008 at 11:54 PM Post #773 of 12,415
Actually, while walking through Square One Mall with my financial advisor (wife)
tongue.gif
, saw a guy in the food court sporting a pair of SR-80s.

Needless to say I was totally shocked.
eek.gif

Jan 26, 2008 at 12:30 AM Post #774 of 12,415
Quote:

Originally Posted by Philimon /img/forum/go_quote.gif
At this moment:

Guy sitting in row of computers ahead of me at the college library is wearing the same set that I am (PX100). Library is too quiet and so I am going to stay quiet too and not ask if he likes them. Right now I am using them with an amp, because I can.
biggrin.gif
I am not sure yet if I can discern a difference since I have not really done an A/B yet.

I got the PX100s on a whim, plugged them into my Opera, and thought, "Hey, these are pretty nice, I like them."
And now I plug them into my DS, and the sound is charged with vitality. My PK3, E4, and KSC75 are not capable of the synergy that is DS+PX100.

Jan 26, 2008 at 8:29 AM Post #775 of 12,415
A guy on the train wearing Audio-Technica ATH-ANC7's, while he were programming some Java application on his laptop.

Jan 26, 2008 at 6:55 PM Post #777 of 12,415
at work i see a few headphones, guy next to me has shure e2g's and theres a guy with PX100's and another who has some weird IEM 's that i don't know. I might ask him what they are actually.

Another has an old pair of AKG headphones all black not sure what they are maybe i'll ask him too.

Apart from that a few ibuds and theres some guy i see on my way home in the train station with a pair of B&O Form2. I would say hello but he looks like an old fart so i won't. actually are they any good?

Also loads of people have HD415's since dixon started selling, but since they're open i kinda would have thought they'd be crap for communiting... I think lots of people just have them aroudn they're neck for the 'gangsta' effect...

Jan 26, 2008 at 7:04 PM Post #778 of 12,415
Quote:

Originally Posted by gshan /img/forum/go_quote.gif
There's something special about those blue PortaPros. I didn't really pay attention to the users too much, unfortunately. Just kidding, they were both fine.

Yeah there is something about the Porta Pros, because people I've seen with them haven't looked bad (as in it makes them look dorky) either. Perhaps that's the key... if you wear weird looking headphones you'll look fine, but if you wear good looking headphones you'll look like a dork.

[edit]If you're in central London look around for some K81's tomorrow... it might be me
tongue.gif
If I go I'll be on a Reading to London Waterloo train sometime in the morning, and then probably hanging around art galleries or so because my sister is going to look at some for her art project. Might not wear them or all the time though, just depends if I can be bothered (I don't really need to go anyway, actually, but I haven't got much else to do so)
tongue.gif

Jan 27, 2008 at 9:04 PM Post #779 of 12,415
I did go into London, though apart from 'infidel' stuff I only noticed a Porta Pro. There was also someone wearing what looked a bit like wooded Grados, but then I noticed the head band was more solid like my K81 so I haven't a clue what they could have been.

You'll never guess what, though! There was some guy on his phone standing around with a Cambridge Audio box in his hand, which just seemed crazy because not long before I was discussing the 740C CD player I was thinking of getting with my dad
tongue.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back