Headphone Sightings 2
Sep 19, 2006 at 12:23 AM Post #62 of 12,415
Sadly, the nicest I've seen are HD280s. I've seen a lot of Triports but I don't consider those nice :p Plus tons of iBuds, Sony clips, various streetstyles, but nothing too exciting.

I'm using KSC75s at the moment but will be wearing K81DJs (as soon as they flipping get here) around the IU-Bloomington campus so if anyone sees me feel free to strike up a convo
280smile.gif

Sep 19, 2006 at 12:38 AM Post #63 of 12,415
The reason I bought my hd580 was because during my ibud replacement days, my hair stylist was wearing one when he cut my hair!
580smile.gif
All I thought at the time was wow funky looking machine!
Besides the occasional triport/ipod in the city, I saw someone on the subway who was wearing portapros, and one young ~14 kid with koss plug in his ears..

Sep 19, 2006 at 12:51 AM Post #65 of 12,415
So far at school I've seen a couple of interesting ones

K240
HFI 650 (They sell em' at the school store)
Quiet Comfort 2
Triport

Sep 23, 2006 at 12:52 AM Post #66 of 12,415
Today was a decent day for sightings (for the 1.5 hours or so I was out and about), I saw a guy wearing the Bose QuietComfort 3 (not one I would pick but it was cool to see someone wearing $350 headphones) and a guy with the Sennheiser PX100. I also saw a guy on the bus with some IEM i'd never seen before, but I'm not very familiar with IEMs.

It's funny how once you start this hobby you look at all the people on the street to see what headphones they're wearing
cool.gif

Sep 23, 2006 at 1:13 AM Post #67 of 12,415
Sigh...another blue Triport today.

Day was massively improved when I met another female medical student with a pair of HD25Pro!

Sep 23, 2006 at 1:17 AM Post #68 of 12,415
There is one kid on the bus i see with a qc3. I dont talk to him. Ive seen two people with triports. I saw one guy with ksc75s, but they had the volume controller from ratshack so i doubt they actually know how awesome they are. Ive seen a couple people with sony mdr v150s(hardly hi-fi, but at least their not iBuds). I saw one guy wearing some white fullsize headphones but i cant ID them. Several people wearing IEMs, mostly shures, nothing to write home about.

Ive noticed that kids that came to study here from europe all have non-ipods. Ive seen one jens of sweden, one cowon, one iriver and one ZVM.

I should stop looking at sound equipment. I feel kinda dirty.

Sep 23, 2006 at 1:58 AM Post #70 of 12,415
Quote:

Originally Posted by drizek
I saw one guy with ksc75s, but they had the volume controller from ratshack so i doubt they actually know how awesome they are.

The KSC75's with the volume controller are still miles beyond anything else for the price. In fact, as long as the volume's turned all the way up on mine, I don't hear much of a difference from my volume-controll-less KSC75's. Not enough to make me regret getting them for such a great price at Ratshack.

Anyways, saw a pair of E2C's a couple of days ago.

Sep 23, 2006 at 2:47 AM Post #72 of 12,415
Quote:

Originally Posted by azncookiecutter
Saw a pair of UE-10s a few weeks ago on the bus. Pretty cool seeing someone with $900 headphones out in public.

Damn! You should have talked to him/her!

Anyways the only new sighting I have seen lately is e2cs on some dude with an iPod.

Sep 23, 2006 at 2:54 AM Post #73 of 12,415
Quote:

Originally Posted by threEchelon
The only respectable headphones I've seen at my high school was one pair of KSC-75's. I normally sport my HD280's to school, and I brought my 701's and PINT amp to school once and people were really impressed my the sound.

A girl tried to argue with me that the size my HD280's was unneccessary but then I told her that she'd never heard them. pwn. There's such a public distate for anything other than iBuds or Sony phones.

she may not understand about headphones, but she probably understands about appearances. Wearing circumaural headphones walking around in public isn't exactly the best thing for your appearance.

Sep 23, 2006 at 3:16 AM Post #74 of 12,415
Quote:

Originally Posted by azncookiecutter
Saw a pair of UE-10s a few weeks ago on the bus. Pretty cool seeing someone with $900 headphones out in public.

That's awesome. There's only a handful of T.O. members with UE-10pros. I would've struck up a conversation.

Sep 23, 2006 at 3:34 AM Post #75 of 12,415
Here in NYC Sonys predominate, significantly more common than Bose. Koss is also popular. I'm seeing a lot of clip-ons, but I don't have as good an eye for the various brands. I assume the better ones are Audio-Technica.

Two weeks ago I was waiting to cross the street by Union Square. Next to me stood a man wearing Grado SR80s. Just before the light changed I said, "Grados rock, don't they?"

He said nothing.
Oh well, I thought.
We started to cross.
"They certainly do," I heard. I looked toward him again, he was smiling. It must have taken him a moment to parse what I had said over the sound of what he was listening to.

Andy

Users who are viewing this thread

Back