Headphone Sightings 2
Jun 21, 2006 at 1:31 PM Post #31 of 12,415
On my flight from Austin to Chicago last week there was a guy wearing HD280's. I was pretty fired up to see that. I always see several pairs of Bose QC2's on every flight I take. But I still see way too many iBuds. Such a shame.

Jun 21, 2006 at 2:09 PM Post #33 of 12,415
Quote:

Originally Posted by gsteinb88
I see a bunch around where i live. Saw a kid wearing some grados, not sure which, saw a girl wearing portapros at the train stop, i see IEM's all the time etc. etc. etc.
-g

If that kid with Grado's had longish hair, it just may have been a friend of mine.
tongue.gif

Jun 21, 2006 at 2:16 PM Post #34 of 12,415
Quote:

Originally Posted by Skylab
On my flight from Austin to Chicago last week there was a guy wearing HD280's. I was pretty fired up to see that. I always see several pairs of Bose QC2's on every flight I take. But I still see way too many iBuds. Such a shame.

Grrr...I hate the fact that so many people have Bose headphones on airplanes. Actually my Dad's birthday just passed and at the party someone gave him a pair of triports. I bit my tongue.

Jun 21, 2006 at 2:46 PM Post #35 of 12,415
I've never seen anything else than Ibuds or cheapie buds at my school, Haven't even seen grado headphones in real life.

I don't have anything special myself, just some px100's and mx500's.

My dad owns akg k500 tough.

Jun 21, 2006 at 4:41 PM Post #36 of 12,415
vYu, if you do see her again, I'd recommend you NOT say, "Hey baby, nice cans . . ." Might be misinterpreted.
biggrin.gif

Jun 21, 2006 at 5:29 PM Post #37 of 12,415
At this point, you better hope her dad isn't a head-fier reading this.
tongue.gif

A month ago on a Greyhound back from Atlanta (ugh, don't get me started) there was a guy with HD280s. I was wearing my UM1s, my friend was wearing his E2s, and another friend was wearing my KSC75s (never gave them back
mad.gif
).

Yesterday at a friends house I saw a pair of HD201s on his desk.

A few days before the end of school I saw someone with KSC75s.

That's about it. Lots of iBuds, cheap Sony, and Bose too.
rolleyes.gif

Jun 21, 2006 at 6:32 PM Post #38 of 12,415
One of my lecturers had his PX100 on his lightbox when I entered his office to look for him.

I asked if I could test it and after a while, we're talking earphones, headphones (Orpheus OMG!, no he doesn't own it) and headphones etc and then he continued on to his PX200, which he found dead in comparison to the PX100, and the Apple in ears which to him were horrible.

I introduced him to Head-fi after that
biggrin.gif

Jun 21, 2006 at 7:33 PM Post #39 of 12,415
I work at a local NPR station (well intern), and there are various studio headphones around. Of course I always whip out my DT70/80s for studio listining, as I find them better than the HD280s that the station uses. Also for guests, they get those sony entry level "professional" studio cans. And our engineer uses some Beyerdynamic DT231???? I dont remember the number cans, they are supraarural and are black with red underneath (I think they may be open, i guess thats what the slits are). I have been on the prowl for other cans around the job, but those are the only ones I have found. I did think I saw some throwback Senns in the music room, (The stations been around for 25 years.) Overall I find it really interesting and come to think of it I have seen other cans around, just havent investigated throughly (It is my second week.)

Jun 21, 2006 at 7:36 PM Post #40 of 12,415
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jforsyth89
Grrr...I hate the fact that so many people have Bose headphones on airplanes. Actually my Dad's birthday just passed and at the party someone gave him a pair of triports. I bit my tongue.

I was in the first class once, and 80 percent of the people in first class had some QC2's. I laughed as I put on my DT250/250s, knowing I spent half as much, and am getting two times better.

Jun 21, 2006 at 9:26 PM Post #41 of 12,415
Quote:

Originally Posted by electrathecat
vYu, if you do see her again, I'd recommend you NOT say, "Hey baby, nice cans . . ." Might be misinterpreted.
biggrin.gif

Hahaha, thanks, I'll take that advice to heart
icon10.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jimothy
At this point, you better hope her dad isn't a head-fier reading this.
tongue.gif

lol, it would've been alright until electrathecat made the comment about the "cans"
rolleyes.gif

I have two and a half more weeks left, so I might see her.

Jun 21, 2006 at 9:40 PM Post #42 of 12,415
I took the bus out to new york a couple of months ago and was surprised to see both sr-80s and some AKG cans in the space of ten minutes. I almost walked up to the guy with the SR-80s and said "Hey, nice headphones" but he got off as soon as I got on, and I didn't have my MS-1s with me. Just the KSC-75s.
Speaking of which, there's a girl at my school who also has KSC-75s, but probably didn't buy them for the same reason we all did.

Oh, and I see binkgle and Hembergler every day at school.

Jun 22, 2006 at 1:28 AM Post #43 of 12,415
I saw someone wearing a pair of Koss headphones today. I think it was supra-aural, despite the huge (to non-head-fi'ers) cups. I think the diameter of the cups were about 2 and a half inches. It had KOSS in the middle, and around the KOSS was the word "TITANIUM" on one or both sides... I only saw him for a sec.

This was also at summer school. If you're that guy and you're reading this, speak up!

EDIT: Oh yea and the faces of the cups--the sides of the cups that are opposite from the sides touching your ears--are flat.

Jun 22, 2006 at 6:19 AM Post #45 of 12,415
My sightings:

Ety Er6 at Barnes and Noble
LOADS of QC2s at airports
A couple of Sony 71s
A (improperly inserted BTW) Shure E2c

A bit off topic but I wore my UE super.fi 3s one day and someone asked me what the hell was in my ears
wink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back