Headphone Sightings 2
Sep 23, 2006 at 3:44 AM Post #76 of 12,415
This sucks. I'm the only one in my school (although I got one of my friends to get a KSC75) who cares for good sound. All I see around school are bad Sony clip-ons, generic earbuds the people bought just for the colors, iBuds, Sony headphones (the cheap kind that try to look professional), and more lame clip-ons.

Even wearing my K701's to school for one day didn't change anything.
frown.gif

Sep 23, 2006 at 3:47 AM Post #77 of 12,415
I've had an encounter with a head fier at 69th street columbus ave,although he was a beginner he was knowledgable.he had some IEM clip ons,1st time I've ever seen those...he couldnt afford anything more at that time and he complimented me on my SF5Ps cool encounter
smily_headphones1.gif

I also used to Q train to go to work too
smily_headphones1.gif
...and Mr.Slacker great job on Belarus.

I also seen a Super.Fi studio series on a gentleman at union square but I hate when ppl try to talk to me when my IEM is in play so I didn't make contact when I saw his inserted.

I've seen others but those are the most memorable ones.

Sep 23, 2006 at 5:53 AM Post #78 of 12,415
heh, here in Singapore its bad....I see nothing but Sonys and Panasonics in the campus. Occasionally will see someone using Audio Technicas (FC5s) but thats all. People around me see my Westones and ask me what the heck is it, and they think I am mad to spend US$100 on a set of rather 'ordinary' looking earphones
tongue.gif
So far, the amount of people I see having audiophile headphones in my one year plus on campus can be counted on 1 hand...Shure E2s twice, Westones once and Super Fi3s once...
redface.gif

Update: Saw a high school kid looking very happy and aware that his KOSS Portapros/Sportapro cost a lot more than normal ear buds and was 'strutting' around the sunway station I was at(ya know the rather happy with yourself type of strut...)until he walked by me and then quickly looked down and walked away...why? Because he saw the Westones in my ears
tongue.gif

Sep 23, 2006 at 7:06 AM Post #79 of 12,415
AKG K601s spotted in downtown burbank, Magnolia Blvd. friday night!! (the 22nd)

redface.gif

I was amazed, and so tempted to go talk to him, as I just got a pair of Beyer 990s tonight. But he looked quite content sitting there rocking out, so I decide not to bother. You know how AKG'ers can get!
tongue.gif

(okay not really at all but I'd like to think anyways)

Other than that, mostly just triports and the occasional Shure E2 or Sony in-ear. Which in turn made this sighting all the more amazing.

Sep 23, 2006 at 10:55 AM Post #81 of 12,415
Bose QuietComfort 2 I think. Saw it on the bus on my way from Curtin Uni. Looked a bit cheap and isanely huge from a distant.

Sep 26, 2006 at 5:41 AM Post #83 of 12,415
A guy who carried out leak detection test at my home this morning was sporting some AKG K44 with his leak detecting equipment.
smily_headphones1.gif

Sep 26, 2006 at 6:07 AM Post #84 of 12,415
A man (mid 20s I would guess) listening AKG K27i on the train between Lillehammer and Oslo this Sunday afternoon around 5-6PM.

Sep 26, 2006 at 6:33 AM Post #85 of 12,415
Hahaha, this thread is so funny !!!

Each day, I have a 45 mins ride (Bus+Subway) to go to school and since 2 weeks now, I tried to identified the most portable rigs as I can. Sadly
frown.gif
, 85 % of them had the stock Ipod+Ibuds (The thing that always bother me is if they pump up the volume, you can hear them arriving from 2 meters ). So far, I only spotted a few nice headphones, a pair of Grado SR-80 ( the guy didn't seem to listen them at high volume cause I was near him and couldn't hear anything).Saw a Chinese guy that seems really happy with a really expensive-looking circumaural Sony headphone. Saw a very tall guy with black/silver AKG phones on, looked very nice to me but can't recall his model. Alot of Sony mdr-150's too ( haha, thought those one were nice a year ago ), cheap Panasonics, etc.

Some Creative zen players too, wich was kind of nice among all the Ipod+Ibudz users. Unfortunately, didn't saw anyone with a SQ oriented portable rig except for the Grado SR-80 one ( Didn't saw his source tough...).
Seems like most non-headfiers prefers style/colors over SQ.

Also, there's a friend of mine who uses a pair of Audio-Technica ATH-M30 with his M-Audio Firewire external soundcard but I didn't hear them. A big LOL out of this one pair that my friend really likes : Nexxtech full size can bought at Circuit City ( Radio-Shack) ( he likes them cause they are sealed and offer good bass but he will find out sooner or later that he could have get better quality for 69$, say like, the AKG K81DJ).If only I could reverse time so I could refer them to him!

Looking at all people rigs had become a real obsession for me these days !!!
It's so interesting when there's a particular worth-looking item!
tongue.gif

Sep 26, 2006 at 7:35 AM Post #86 of 12,415
i find myself swimming in a sea of ibuds.
frown.gif
The only SLIGHTLY interesting headohone ive seen on the streets is the senn px200.

people go eww when they see my etys!
tongue.gif

Some good news, I HAVE NEVER SEEN A BOSE IN PERSON!!!!!!!!!

Sep 26, 2006 at 8:27 AM Post #87 of 12,415
More Sony MDR V700DJs at work today.
redface.gif

I'm totally going out with my DT990s tomorrow, be on the lookout!
wink.gif

Sep 26, 2006 at 8:54 AM Post #88 of 12,415
Just recall seeing a guy wearing an AKG K26P on the bus last Friday when I was on way to grab my new pair of AKG K81 DJ.

Oh boy, the things Head-Fi members do!
rolleyes.gif

Sep 26, 2006 at 10:42 AM Post #89 of 12,415
Common on the streets of Berlin: K26, K27, PortaPro, PX100, PX200, HP460. Oddly, I haven't seen K81dj or KSC-75 around. Of course the most common of all after ibuds are those awful nondescript sonys, like V150's. Less common but spotted in the last few months: V6, Shure E3, HD25-1, B&O A8, a couple of others.

Sep 26, 2006 at 11:08 AM Post #90 of 12,415
Quote:

Originally Posted by facelvega
Common on the streets of Berlin: K26, K27, PortaPro, PX100, PX200, HP460. Oddly, I haven't seen K81dj or KSC-75 around. Of course the most common of all after ibuds are those awful nondescript sonys, like V150's. Less common but spotted in the last few months: V6, Shure E3, HD25-1, B&O A8, a couple of others.

If you see a K81 it's propably me.
eggosmile.gif
I saw a long haired guy with HD25-SP and a girl with HD201 once.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back