Headphone Sightings 2
May 10, 2012 at 11:07 PM Post #6,692 of 12,415
Dude wearing some Grado SR125's on the blue line this evening. Looked like he was enjoying his music. 

For what it is worth (open can haters), I was pretty close to him and couldn't hear a damn thing. 

May 11, 2012 at 3:07 AM Post #6,693 of 12,415
Quote:
Dude wearing some Grado SR125's on the blue line this evening. Looked like he was enjoying his music. 

For what it is worth (open can haters), I was pretty close to him and couldn't hear a damn thing. 

That's a miracle, considering. Maybe the line is quiet enough for low volume listening using open cans? As anybody would've guessed I am not familiar with Chicago or anywhere else.

May 11, 2012 at 7:24 AM Post #6,694 of 12,415
It's quite a noisy train, actually. So I don't know the volume and quality of what he was hearing. Mostly I mentioned this just as a data point for those who have threatened physical violence on users of open cans in commuting situations.

May 11, 2012 at 7:59 AM Post #6,695 of 12,415
Just as I was heading out of my dorms to have some breakfast, I saw a dude wearing Sennheisers (not sure how to tell the model). They were black and closed as far as I could see. I was wearing my Denon AH-D1100 and he was somewhat surprised to see another headphone-wearing lad.

May 11, 2012 at 8:05 AM Post #6,696 of 12,415
Quote:
It's quite a noisy train, actually. So I don't know the volume and quality of what he was hearing. Mostly I mentioned this just as a data point for those who have threatened physical violence on users of open cans in commuting situations.

That's even more curious. More power to him though.

Quote:
Just as I was heading out of my dorms to have some breakfast, I saw a dude wearing Sennheisers (not sure how to tell the model). They were black and closed as far as I could see. I was wearing my Denon AH-D1100 and he was somewhat surprised to see another headphone-wearing lad.

Maybe he's a Head-Fier too LOL.

May 13, 2012 at 7:19 PM Post #6,699 of 12,415
In School: Urbanears Plattan (Pink or purple, can't remember), Coby CV320, Beats Pro.

Also, I've seen a lot of people driving with earbuds/earphones in. I don't like crossing the street in my town in the first place, and now I'm even more worried.

May 23, 2012 at 1:31 PM Post #6,702 of 12,415
At my local Starbucks, I sighted a guy walking with a pair of V-Moda M-80s around his neck.
And in Baltimore, I saw someone wearing a Sony XB-500.
So I had a good sighting, finally
atsmile.gif

Oh, and I also saw what looked just like a black SkullCandy aviator, but the ear-pieces were circular instead of triangular. Maybe they decided to make them more ergonomic =P.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back