Headphone Sightings 2
Feb 3, 2011 at 5:30 PM Post #3,406 of 12,415

At 0:50 seconds. AKG 181?

Feb 3, 2011 at 8:56 PM Post #3,412 of 12,415
Saw someone rockin SR-60s by MSG today on the way to work.

Feb 3, 2011 at 9:06 PM Post #3,413 of 12,415
Today was a good day...I saw a guy with some over-the-ear IEMs on the bus in chinatown. They had a clear casing and a black braided cable which looked to be removable. A quick search revealed that he probably had the westone um1 or um2.

Later at borders I saw a girl wearing white ath-es7's! I "casually" went past her several times in order to check them out, since I had considered buying them before in the past. They looked nice in person, but were smaller than I expected.

Feb 4, 2011 at 12:40 AM Post #3,414 of 12,415
saw some of these
sennheiser hd 408.
is it any good

Feb 4, 2011 at 9:58 AM Post #3,416 of 12,415
Some vibrantly-coloured things, propably crap, and a HD25 just like mine. Gave me a raised thumb too! 

Feb 4, 2011 at 10:41 AM Post #3,417 of 12,415
Quote:
Some vibrantly-coloured things, propably crap

Anything I currently own may be re-shelled and painted because I've been in that kind of mood lately.  I just bought MDR-V150 parts from a Head-Fi member I encountered on eBay.  I was trying to find a cheap pair of Plattan as proof of concept (I really like how they look), and that's when I stumbled upon the MDR-V150.  So if any of you spot some Sony Barneys out in San Francisco, you never know, there might be Beats-killers inside.

Granted, I wasn't planning on any vibrant or garish paint jobs, but you've got me thinking it's probably better for that sleeper factor.  "Omgz your headphones look a little like mines!!"  Heh, have a listen... *ALAC attack*

Feb 4, 2011 at 12:01 PM Post #3,418 of 12,415
It doesn't snow in Austin very often (maybe once ever 1-2 years) and this morning it was everywhere. Went outside and saw some guy wearing HD580s as ear muffs. Oh wait... that was me
beyersmile.png

Feb 4, 2011 at 12:26 PM Post #3,419 of 12,415

Quote:
Quote:
Some vibrantly-coloured things, propably crap

Anything I currently own may be re-shelled and painted because I've been in that kind of mood lately.  I just bought MDR-V150 parts from a Head-Fi member I encountered on eBay.  I was trying to find a cheap pair of Plattan as proof of concept (I really like how they look), and that's when I stumbled upon the MDR-V150.  So if any of you spot some Sony Barneys out in San Francisco, you never know, there might be Beats-killers inside.

Granted, I wasn't planning on any vibrant or garish paint jobs, but you've got me thinking it's probably better for that sleeper factor.  "Omgz your headphones look a little like mines!!"  Heh, have a listen... *ALAC attack*

Hm. I directly associated "skullcandy/wesc" with the color. But then again I'm about to buy the most hideous cans on the market, the glorious DT-150. My HD25 usually already draws attention of the "Uuuh, oldtimers!"-kind. 
biggrin.gif
That MDR-V150 looks like it has a split headband too, does it? 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back