Headphone Sightings 2
Feb 2, 2011 at 8:11 PM Post #3,391 of 12,415

Quote:
Surrounded by Beats and ibuds on campus, I was suprised to see one guy with a pair of Grados. He gave me a weird look because I was staring at them trying figure out which model haha.

lol welcome to head-fi. i like your profile pic where did you find it. also i'm glad there is a few people that know good sound. beats aren't terrible just rediculously overpriced.

Feb 2, 2011 at 8:20 PM Post #3,392 of 12,415
Since christmas: more bose
lots and lots and lots and lots and LOTS of skullcandy.
2 pairs of beats so far
a few pairs of XB500's
a pair of Sennheiser 555's yesterday at Reisner dining hall
Sony NC-17's & MDR-v150's
JVC flats

Feb 2, 2011 at 8:23 PM Post #3,393 of 12,415
Saw a white beats, 2 hd280 pros, some sonys, plantronics gamecom (dont know which model)

Feb 2, 2011 at 10:06 PM Post #3,394 of 12,415
Saw some Bose quiet comfort 15s today before Chem. Ironically I had auditioned them (as well as XB500, SK Skullcrushers, Beats Pros/Studio/Solo) today at Best Buy and I absolutely hated them. They had some hiss from the NC hardware on top of being just plain undefined. I felt sorry for the kid! Got some people checkin out my v700djs, too. :wink:

Feb 2, 2011 at 11:13 PM Post #3,395 of 12,415
Thanks for the welcome, I just searched Portapro on deviantart and this pic came up. And I agree with your statement about the Beats after having the chance to have a listening session with them. Also seeing two sets of snapped Solo headbands on display at Bestbuy recently reminded me of this site.
biggrin.gif

Feb 2, 2011 at 11:23 PM Post #3,396 of 12,415

Quote:
Thanks for the welcome, I just searched Portapro on deviantart and this pic came up. And I agree with your statement about the Beats after having the chance to have a listening session with them. Also seeing two sets of snapped Solo headbands on display at Bestbuy recently reminded me of this site.
biggrin.gif

well feel free to make your self at home and learn about audio gear. remember your on a long and winding road to audio nirvana.

Feb 3, 2011 at 1:11 AM Post #3,397 of 12,415
I got into an argument today with a classmate who was talking about these cool nose cancelling headphones he got (Bose btw)... I was trying to convince him that NC doesn't actually make it sound better, and he started telling me how normal people are perfectly content getting their music off Youtube and listening to crappy headphones, and it got a bit awkward... So I shut up and left him to his bad recordings...

Feb 3, 2011 at 1:18 AM Post #3,398 of 12,415

Haha I have a hard time keeping my mouth shut when ignorant people spew rubbish into my ears. Good for you though being able to keep your mouth shut! Lol, i don't think i could have took listening to that without breaking out into a cold sweat. 
Quote:
he started telling me how normal people are perfectly content getting their music off Youtube and listening to crappy headphones, and it got a bit awkward... So I shut up and left him to his bad recordings...

Feb 3, 2011 at 3:06 AM Post #3,399 of 12,415
Here at Catholic University over in D.C. are a handful of Beats, many Apple earbuds, and some cheap quality headphones.
However, I was shocked when I saw a girl wearing full-sized Sennheiser headphones. I found out just now that they are HD 380 pros.
Do you think I would look goofy wearing a pair of Fostex T50RPs around campus? 
atsmile.gif

Feb 3, 2011 at 9:19 AM Post #3,400 of 12,415
Here at Catholic University over in D.C. are a handful of Beats, many Apple earbuds, and some cheap quality headphones.
However, I was shocked when I saw a girl wearing full-sized Sennheiser headphones. I found out just now that they are HD 380 pros.
Do you think I would look goofy wearing a pair of Fostex T50RPs around campus? 
atsmile.gif

Who cares? Especially when the music sounds so great! I walk around with d2000, dt-770, and the go to portable, the ultrasone pro900. :eek:

Feb 3, 2011 at 11:57 AM Post #3,401 of 12,415
Haha I have a hard time keeping my mouth shut when ignorant people spew rubbish into my ears. Good for you though being able to keep your mouth shut! Lol, i don't think i could have took listening to that without breaking out into a cold sweat. 
Quote:
he started telling me how normal people are perfectly content getting their music off Youtube and listening to crappy headphones, and it got a bit awkward... So I shut up and left him to his bad recordings...

My general response when someone with Skullcandy, Beats, or Bose starts talking about the great sound quality or how they are an "audiophile," my general response is something like "You don't want to get me started on audio equipment." :rolleyes:

Feb 3, 2011 at 12:46 PM Post #3,402 of 12,415
This kid in my AP English IV class has Sennheiser HD 280s. I remember him bringing them in on occasion, although usually he has IEMs (which I don't even want to try to identify :p ).

He is interested in music production, according to his facebook, so yea.

I gave him a high five for his cans :D

Feb 3, 2011 at 3:48 PM Post #3,403 of 12,415

Quote:

Quote:

My general response when someone with Skullcandy, Beats, or Bose starts talking about the great sound quality or how they are an "audiophile," my general response is something like "You don't want to get me started on audio equipment."
rolleyes.gif

That's a good approach... Don't pick a fight, and if they start it, warn them before you get started...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back