Head-Fi Basshead IEM thread (lists page 1)
Dec 13, 2023 at 12:53 PM Post #12,526 of 12,591
So would you consider the Penon 10th AE Basshead?
Actually, no I wouldn't, but I know there are plenty in it's price range...the more I live with 10th, the more I see it's a pretty balanced iem with nice but not basshead bass.

Dec 13, 2023 at 1:13 PM Post #12,527 of 12,591
Actually, no I wouldn't, but I know there are plenty in it's price range...the more I live with 10th, the more I see it's a pretty balanced iem with nice but not basshead bass.
Got ya👍
I was a bit confused cos i also own it and would not consider it Basshead lol
With that said i would love to get some more Sub-Bass out of them if you have any idea's? Not mid just Sub?
I got a couple of custom made cables for it from ivipq with OCC+Gold+Graphene+Palladium, one full size another 55cm for my iFi Go Blu, i use +10db@32hz & +10db@60hz on RE EQ but would still luv to get a bit more extension & quantity around 50-60hz if you have any recommendations?
I have things like KBear Rosefinch, Juzear Clear & 7hz Legato for Basshead duties but would LOVE to get the supreme quality of 10th AE with serious Sub-Bass lol
You can't knock a bloke for trying 🤣 lol

Last edited:
Dec 16, 2023 at 8:44 PM Post #12,528 of 12,591
Totally agree 👍
I didn't find the qkz xhbb that good at all i sold it after a week 😂 lol
On the other hand i think the KBear Rosefinch MAGNIFICENT with some of the deepest Sub-Bass up to $100 in "My" opinion! I think it easily trades blows with my 7hz Legato for a fifth of the price!
I'm just REALLY hoping KBear would make a Rosefinch Pro leaving EVERYTHING the same , don't touch a thing and just add a Knowles Mid-High Balanced Armature Drivers and charge $50 and I'm absaloutly positive you would have one of if not the best Basshead IEM up to & over $100?
Iv tried hunting the interweb to find a way to contact KBear and request this Rosefinch Pro but cannot for the life of me find a way to contact them?
Iv tried on AliExpress but never get an answer!
SOOOO, "IF":KBear ever read this OR anyone can reach out to them , pretty PLEASE consider making a Rosefinch Pro,?
How and where do you sell a 20 dollar used iem if you dont mind me asking?

Dec 17, 2023 at 5:44 AM Post #12,529 of 12,591
The FatFreq Maestro/Maestro SE has excellent bass, including the quality of the bass as well as quantity.
I have read that the Nightjar Singularity is terrific for bass, as well, but have not had the pleasure myself.
I am on the hunt for the perfect bass head high end IEM. My reference would be the TH900. Since you have heard MSE (maybe GM) and also own TH900s, do they have a similar bass presentation?
Evo is close but not close enough 😌.

Dec 17, 2023 at 12:06 PM Post #12,530 of 12,591
How and where do you sell a 20 dollar used iem if you dont mind me asking?
Haha 😂😂
Not at all I'm happy to relieve you of your confusion!
I sold it with a Truthear Zero Blue & Creative SXFI Dongle on eBay for £50👍
I'm constantly buying & selling things which have been "Fluffed Up*
by Reviewer's and end up being Pants🤣
The problem i have with all IEM's, Earbuds, Headphones ect.. is i can NEVER get the Sub-Bass extension & Quantity i want need! I read all these reviews stating 'Pure Basshead with 10-15db Sub-Bass shelf and i bite but when i get said IEM it does have.a 10db.Bass boost BUT it's @80-90hz which is not a true Sub-Bass extension boost!
So what happens over time is accumulate s few of these IEM's over a few months and end up selling as a bundle which i end up loosing money dearly 😞🙄
I know i know i can probably get this bass response i want from companies like Empire Ears, Fir Audio, 64 Audio but unfortunately they are just out my reach! The most expensive IEM i have ever purchased was the UM MEST MK2 and was seriously unimpressed especially the bass quantity! Dont get me wrong the quality was fantastic just not enough for me even with EQ!
This brings me on to a suggestion/recommendation that will hugely surprise many people but, the IEM i have purchased which turned out to have the best Sub-Bass extension & rumble even without EQ isn't even an IEM it's a TWS! LOL
It's the Edifier NeoBuds Pro!
10mm Composite Dynamic Driver & 1 Knowles BA.
It absolutely sounds phenomenal for the price & form factor👍
Now don't get me wrong this.is NOT the IEM/Earbud you use to take you on a musical journey whilst sitting at home, it's just the "Perfect" IEM for out & about or at work or the gym all for the super price of £99.
I think iv said enough now lol but before i go i would love to get anyone's impressions on an IEM I'm looking to buy, "Apparently" one review on AliExpress says it goes down to 15hz and he's actually measured it and got that result?
It's the 'Tiandirenhe TD15?
I would love if anyone could give me there real world take on it?
Merry Christmas & Happy New Years To You All
🎄🎄🎄🎁🎁🎁🍾🍾🍾

Last edited:
Dec 17, 2023 at 2:10 PM Post #12,531 of 12,591
Haha 😂😂
The problem i have with all IEM's, Earbuds, Headphones ect.. is i can NEVER get the Sub-Bass extension & Quantity i want need! I read all these reviews stating 'Pure Basshead with 10-15db Sub-Bass shelf and i bite but when i get said IEM it does have.a 10db.Bass boost BUT it's @80-90hz which is not a true Sub-Bass extension boost!
So what happens over time is accumulate s few of these IEM's over a few months and end up selling as a bundle which i end up loosing money dearly 😞🙄
I know i know i can probably get this bass response i want from companies like Empire Ears, Fir Audio, 64 Audio but unfortunately they are just out my reach! The most expensive IEM i have ever purchased was the UM MEST MK2 and was seriously unimpressed especially the bass quantity! Dont get me wrong the quality was fantastic just not enough for me even with EQ!
This brings me on to a suggestion/recommendation that will hugely surprise many people but, the IEM i have purchased which turned out to have the best Sub-Bass extension & rumble even without EQ isn't even an IEM it's a TWS! LOL
Now don't get me wrong this.is NOT the IEM/Earbud you use to take you on a musical journey whilst sitting at home, it's just the "Perfect" IEM for out & about or at work or the gym all for the super price of £99.
I think iv said enough now lol but before i go i would love to get anyone's impressions on an IEM I'm looking to buy, "Apparently" one review on AliExpress says it goes down to 15hz and he's actually measured it and got that result?
🎄🎄🎄🎁🎁🎁🍾🍾🍾
Im surprised you sold the Zero blues. I have found the subass to be exceptional on those. Having a totally separate 10mm just for the lower end allows some pretty aggressive subbass eq boost without distortion added to my ears.

I have been really liking the 7hz legato and some EQ'ed kz pr2s.

Dec 17, 2023 at 3:47 PM Post #12,532 of 12,591
I am on the hunt for the perfect bass head high end IEM. My reference would be the TH900. Since you have heard MSE (maybe GM) and also own TH900s, do they have a similar bass presentation?
Evo is close but not close enough 😌.
I've listened to a lot of the top end...have you tried the CFA Trifecta? To me, that is the basshead dream of the high end, followed by Fir Xe6.

Dec 17, 2023 at 5:30 PM Post #12,534 of 12,591
I've listened to a lot of the top end...have you tried the CFA Trifecta? To me, that is the basshead dream of the high end, followed by Fir Xe6.
Fir Xe6 is probably my ultimate Basshead dream🥰
BUT? If i had the money for the Xe6 i would keep hold of it and stay tuned to how the. "64 Audio Volur" turns out which is the upgrade to the "Nior" ?
It is "Supposed" to have 2x10mm Dynamic Drivers in a 'True" Isobaric configuration!
Many manufacturers have claimed to have done this with only a few actually achieving it! l
In short what this means is
One driver will be pressurising the air in the listening room(ear), while the other is pressurising a smaller volume of air in the speaker cabinet(Shell)
The two drivers operating in tandem exhibit similar behavior as one loudspeaker in twice the cabinet. The cabinet is defined as the space behind the rear driver. The volume of air between the speakers has no acoustic effect on the cabinet space so that the saved space is less than 50%. Other aspects are unchanged !
With this in mind and "IF" 64 Audio nail it "Volur" should be a beast of a basshead IEM considering it's an updated "Nio" with Dual 10mm Isobaric Dynamic Drivers?

Last edited:
Dec 17, 2023 at 6:02 PM Post #12,535 of 12,591
Haha 😂😂
🎄🎄🎄🎁🎁🎁🍾🍾🍾
Is the model you are referring to the Edifier NeoBuds Pro or the Edifier NeoBuds Pro 2?.
Some of the earbuds I have tried are tight on power, the volume output is somewhat low with the volume at maximum. How is the volume of this edifier? Thank you.

Last edited:
Dec 17, 2023 at 8:09 PM Post #12,536 of 12,591
Can you elaborate on this? i'm looking at possibly purchasing a Trifecta.
Is very hard to describe Trifecta...you should go into that thread and read up. My impression was this was the basshead dream iem, bar none.
Fir Xe6 is probably my ultimate Basshead dream🥰
BUT? If i had the money for the Xe6 i would keep hold of it and stay tuned to how the. "64 Audio Volur" turns out which is the upgrade to the "Nior" ?
It is "Supposed" to have 2x10mm Dynamic Drivers in a 'True" Isobaric configuration!
Many manufacturers have claimed to have done this with only a few actually achieving it! l
In short what this means is
One driver will be pressurising the air in the listening room(ear), while the other is pressurising a smaller volume of air in the speaker cabinet(Shell)
The two drivers operating in tandem exhibit similar behavior as one loudspeaker in twice the cabinet. The cabinet is defined as the space behind the rear driver. The volume of air between the speakers has no acoustic effect on the cabinet space so that the saved space is less than 50%. Other aspects are unchanged !
With this in mind and "IF" 64 Audio nail it "Volur" should be a beast of a basshead IEM considering it's an updated "Nio" with Dual 10mm Isobaric Dynamic Drivers?
I did get the chance to try Volur a couple of times, and though it's great, it's not Xe6 by a long shot, YMMV and all that.

Dec 18, 2023 at 1:12 PM Post #12,537 of 12,591
Is the model you are referring to the Edifier NeoBuds Pro or the Edifier NeoBuds Pro 2?.
Some of the earbuds I have tried are tight on power, the volume output is somewhat low with the volume at maximum. How is the volume of this edifier? Thank you.
Hia, yes it is the Edifier NeoBuds Pro but the set I'm referring to are the version 1!
BUT? Funny thing iv just ordered the version 2 from Amazon and they arrive tomorrow so o can let you know on Wednesday after a bit of burn-in and time playing around with them👍
As far as things go for the version 1 I'm not really having a problem with low-volume but i am nearly 50 so bare that in mind lol
Don't get me wrong they are not super loud and i do normally have them on max volume with ANC on High with LDAC on highest quality and for me it is plenty loud enough with excellent Sub-Bass & Treble sparkle how a true V-Shape should be cos the midrange is not too recessed with amazing clarity but, bare in mind i am talking about version 1 and will let you know my findings on version 2 in a couple of days?
Youv actually really worried me now lol
I purchased these cos i love the sound so much for a TWS earbuds and version 2 are supposed to have the same sound but with extras like in-ear detection, better -50db ANC ect...
Anyway, I'll wait and see and keep my 🤞 all id good?
If i don't report any issues it could be a defective unit?
Where & how long ago did you buy them? I know with my version 1 from Amazon UK had a 3- month no questions return policy and a further 1 year manufacturer's warranty!
Anyway, I'll for sure report back to you my findings and if there is a volume issue i will probably return them and just get version 1 in a different colour as back up👍

Dec 18, 2023 at 4:44 PM Post #12,538 of 12,591
Im surprised you sold the Zero blues. I have found the subass to be exceptional on those. Having a totally separate 10mm just for the lower end allows some pretty aggressive subbass eq boost without distortion added to my ears.

I have been really liking the 7hz legato and some EQ'ed kz pr2s.
It was the fit i had issues with i have pretty unique ears lol
I have really small ears in general but for some strange reason god gave me huge ear holes🤣
So the shape of an IEM has a drastic effect on fit & comfort!
I literally tried everything cos from the iFi fit i was getting (pun intended haha) i could get an idea of the potential of sound but after trying ALL my Eartips and i have nearly all the brands out there including Spinfit, Spiral dots,Sedna,KBear,Clarions, Final E-type ect.. PLUS every tip i get with my collection of over 20 IEM's but could never get them to stay in my ears cos of the unique shape of the Blue's, so anyway LSS i gave up and sold them like many i have the same problem's with!
At the moment I'm fighting with my new Penon 10th Anniversary which to "Me" sounds better than the UM MEST MK2 due to the Increase in bass quantity wise and not the annoying upper-midrange peaks!
The problem is the 10th AE is on the larger side with a long nozzle so it gets stuck on my small inner ear before i get the nozzle deep enough for a perfect fit!
But I'm not giving up i live the sound of them SO much for non-basshead listening, i even purchased 2 custom colour coded cables from ivpiQ one full length 7N OCC Palladium Plated+Silver Plated Graphene and a other i spent a lot of time going back & forth with the wonder of the company when i asked for an EXACT replica of the Penon Totem cable 55cm Long to go with my iFi Go Blu and he done a Phenomenal job, it's a little bit different with 2-Cores Litz Silver-Plated 7N Single Crystal Copper, 2-Core Pure-Silver Plated With Palladium & 4-Cores Litz OCC Copper Plated with Pure Gold it looks and sounds fantastic and only cost me just over £140 which is an absolute bargain if you consider the Penon Totem Cable costes £549!
So if you half that itd £275 which is double what I paid! Bare in mind as well Totem cable is essentially 6-core but designed into a large share 2-vore and mine is 8-core!
Don't get me wrong i will never know the true percentage's of the rare metals in each cable but IvipQ is a VERY reputable company just like Penon so i should imagine there isn't a huge difference between the two!
one thing is for sure it DEFINITELY brings the advantages as what i read & hear the Totem brings with an increase in Sub-Bass , note weight, midrange clarity, exceptional micro & macro detail retrieval and the most important a MUCH blacker background.
I know you many many audiophiles who don't believe in the positive effect of cable rolling and i understand when you are talking cables of roughly the same price and quality but when you are talking high quality purity of rare earth metals and you have a good set of IEM's "I" DEFINITELY can hear a difference!
Mind you i am only talking about the correct listening conditions, you would struggle to hear a difference if your at the gym or out shopping!
but when you are sitting at home in your cozy armchair in complete silence listening to an album in FLAC or higher you can 100% hear a difference 👍
Jee weez i am really rabbiting on now I'm making myself fall asleep lol 😅
So yeah with ALL that said the reason the Blues had to go was fit and not the sound which i maybe got 80% of and that sounded fine but unfortunately no way of testing the most important low-end cos i could get a consistent seal!

Jan 12, 2024 at 2:13 AM Post #12,540 of 12,591
Where does the Sony IER-Z1R fit in?
Very nice, wouldn't call them basshead since they don't have a huge amount of bass, but the bass quality is excellent and they slam harder than some basshead IEMs that i've tried.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back