Head-Fi Basshead IEM thread (lists page 1)
Sep 17, 2019 at 2:20 PM Post #11,746 of 12,597
Can anyone recommend someone that can recable xb90ex's? I have two sets where the left channel no longer produces any sound, I suspect due to the crappy original cable.
maybe @alpha421

Sep 17, 2019 at 6:33 PM Post #11,747 of 12,597
Pretty good big guy. Living the basshead dream LOL. After the modded EX800ST, the next best IEM I would suggest is the Future Sonics G10. It doesn't have the quite the sub-bass quantity, details or airiness of the 800, but it is good. Comfort is out the roof and it isolates and fits like a glove for me (YMMV of course). I'm not sure about any recent Chi-Fi or other types of IEMs that would be good for bassheads. Perhaps someone else will chime in.
yes @Hawaiibadboy, please review the Future Sonics G10.
Thanks

Sep 18, 2019 at 2:03 PM Post #11,748 of 12,597
So what are the kings of bass these days. Feel like getting some bass!

Sep 18, 2019 at 3:15 PM Post #11,749 of 12,597
I need to post to subscribe to this thread, but also looking for some very good bass from very cheap chifi. Blon bl-03 on the way. What other chifi is good? Trn v80? Tfz no3?

Does the tfz no3 best the tfz of days past like the S5, E5, King pro (all of which sir right on front of me right now)?

Sep 28, 2019 at 9:22 AM Post #11,750 of 12,597
Can't decide between the IMR R2 Aten or JVC FDX1. R2 is stretching my budget really but I am looking for one set for a while.

I've liked the Sony xba-N3 and V-moda ZN even more bass wise. I've never tried JVC so not sure if their bass level us at least on the level of the ZN.

Sep 28, 2019 at 2:41 PM Post #11,751 of 12,597
I need to post to subscribe to this thread, but also looking for some very good bass from very cheap chifi. Blon bl-03 on the way. What other chifi is good? Trn v80? Tfz no3?

Does the tfz no3 best the tfz of days past like the S5, E5, King pro (all of which sir right on front of me right now)?

Got the TRN V90 and must say, they sound really good, but not basshead level good.
Many Say the BLON can have some fit issues, im interested how you will like them :)

Sep 28, 2019 at 3:44 PM Post #11,752 of 12,597
Can't decide between the IMR R2 Aten or JVC FDX1. R2 is stretching my budget really but I am looking for one set for a while.

I've liked the Sony xba-N3 and V-moda ZN even more bass wise. I've never tried JVC so not sure if their bass level us at least on the level of the ZN.

I personally would not give a dime to IMR/Trinity/bob, whoever is running the show there. Save your $ and pick up the FDX1 (if that's your top 2) - I'm debating them myself because I love JVC Japan only products.

I think the wood series are more bassy, but I haven't heard the FD-01 or the FDX1 so truly don't know. Maybe the FD series can be modded for us bassheads :)

I think HBB is about to do a video comparing BLON and FD01 modded to be like the FD-X1

Sep 28, 2019 at 3:54 PM Post #11,753 of 12,597
I personally would not give a dime to IMR/Trinity/bob, whoever is running the show there. Save your $ and pick up the FDX1 (if that's your top 2) - I'm debating them myself because I love JVC Japan only products.

I think the wood series are more bassy, but I haven't heard the FD-01 or the FDX1 so truly don't know. Maybe the FD series can be modded for us bassheads :)

I think HBB is about to do a video comparing BLON and FD01 modded to be like the FD-X1

I literally just read about that whole thing after googling more about the R2 atem and IMR. Luckily I sidestepped that landmine!

I was thinking about the wood series as I read that they're generally considered to please those that are partial to a bit of bass. The thing is, I would have to import from Japan if I wanted something like the JVC FW01 and with customs on top would probably work out a more than the FDX1 with customs.

Any other recommendations in the JVC/wood line?

Sep 28, 2019 at 5:38 PM Post #11,757 of 12,597
BadGuy likes the Blon 03 better than ALL his dynamics including the Sony Ex1000. Hell of a rec.
where did he say that?

Sep 28, 2019 at 6:07 PM Post #11,759 of 12,597
Latest video, and then the comments.
In the video from yesterday, didnt found anything in that regard.
And under the BLON video from him, I found this:

NfOmYQu.png
Zo2bsEP.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back