Head-Fi Basshead IEM thread (lists page 1)
Aug 27, 2019 at 9:30 PM Post #11,716 of 12,595
My EQ for the IT01. Capture+_2019-08-27-20-27-33.png

Aug 28, 2019 at 8:31 PM Post #11,720 of 12,595
For my basshead tendencies, I reterminated the stock cable to 4 pin mini xlr and got rid of the stock mmcx connectors. Also got to rid of the heatshrink used as an earhook.
A Brise STR7 would make the whole thing sound thicker. With some EQs I think it could work pretty well. Why convert it to mini XLR though?

Sep 2, 2019 at 8:28 AM Post #11,722 of 12,595
I've got the Dunu titan 6. Is not bad at all.
Sound quality and separation in my ears is really good and good Soundstage. Not bad.
12.6 mm Beryllium driver.
+6 DB at 30hz and is impressive for the price.
You must try it :) :wink:

Sep 2, 2019 at 8:33 AM Post #11,723 of 12,595
Im thinking to order the IMR Acoustics Rah.
15mm beryllium +10mm planar + Ceramic Twitter + tones of nozzles and filters.
This is quite impressive.
Can be worn down straight cable and over the ears.
15 mm only for the bass ??
Hmmmmmm
I'm not sure but maybe can be the best iem for bass in the history of iems.
Opinions?

Sep 2, 2019 at 3:32 PM Post #11,725 of 12,595
It depends CA Polaris v2 is better in bass extension response strenght but clean and detailed mids and highs too with a better soundstage separation than some closed-back headphones ( I never bought open-back so doesn't matter I'm trying to make my honest opinion) and even better clean basshead levels than some of the top10 right here.
With the correct Eq and you can EQ-a-lot the most subtle details are reveled.

So top10 maybe needs to be reworked but this is why HBB make me start joining this forum and I'm thankful to him and other good people that contribute here to enjoy our ¿hobby?...ok maybe it's a mental affinity with bass more than a hobby.

Last edited:
Sep 2, 2019 at 3:45 PM Post #11,726 of 12,595
EX800ST

Thats my opinion. Nothing has really come close.
It depends CA Polaris v2 is better in bass extension response strenght but clean and detailed mids and highs too with a better soundstage separation than some closed-back headphones ( I never bought open-back so doesn't matter I'm trying to make my honest opinion) and even better clean basshead levels than some of the top10 right here.
With the correct Eq and you can EQ-a-lot the most subtle details are reveled.

So top10 maybe needs to be reworked but this is why HBB make me start joining this forum and I'm thankful to him and other good people that contribute here to enjoy our ¿hobby?...ok maybe it's a mental affinity with bass more than a hobby.
I'm talking about quantity too not only quality !
Because quantity is a must for basshead.
Turn the volume up and the nice bass will disappear and will be thin and treble will go all the way up. You know what I mean.

If anyone has already received an imr Rah

please let us know and post your opinion please before 9 September because it will be no more available to order one.

Love u bassheads

Sep 2, 2019 at 10:13 PM Post #11,727 of 12,595
It depends CA Polaris v2 is better in bass extension response strenght but clean and detailed mids and highs too with a better soundstage separation than some closed-back headphones

Good gosh, i'll smoke whatever you are having!

Sep 2, 2019 at 10:25 PM Post #11,728 of 12,595
Turn the volume up and the nice bass will disappear and will be thin and treble will go all the way up. You know what I mean.

please let us know and post your opinion please before 9 September because it will be no more available to order one.

Love u bassheads

I don't think anyone has the RAH. And by the looks of it, you basically just have to *trust* IMR if you want one, as they aren't shipping until the end of November and you have to pre-order now to get one. I don't see any reviews from demo units out there either.

I know that a lot of people like the R1 and the Aten but I think it's asking a lot for people to trust that IMR can properly tune this hybrid and deliver on time etc. Especially when you take into consideration the owner's shady past with other crowdfunded earphones. That being said, if they are actually good and they sell a lot of them, then it wouldn't make any sense to not do a second production... I would wait unless you have unlimited $$$.

Sep 3, 2019 at 3:27 AM Post #11,729 of 12,595

Love u bassheads

I'm in this forum and in the hardest hitting bass headphones section too for some years ago but not too much present with my comments.
So I know it's all about bass quantity and I'm just saying CA Polaris v2 have more bass quantity than some of the top10 right here with very better quality in full frequency spectrum.

For example the yamaha Iem's can't compete with CA.

Sep 3, 2019 at 7:19 AM Post #11,730 of 12,595
Hi, all im hoping for some advice? Iv been hunting & buying many different product in the search for a set up that MUST have great sound but, more important LOT's of Sub-bass! Now im not a regular poster on hear but iv been reading & getting info for many years and after alot of user posts & my own reaearch i settled on Sony xba-n3 and a Fiio Eo7. Now dont get me wrong the sound of these earphones are incredible But, the bass isnt know where near what people say they are getting out of these earphone's and i dont know if im doing something wrong or they are just not basdy enough for me? Which i find strange because on top of the stated item's im using i am running it from a LG G5 with the B&O module and a user on this forum states this is what he/she is using and its without doubt the best Sub-Bass they have had from ANY conbination period but yet im getting better bass from my old iphone earphone's! So,at this moment in stoked! Am i doing something wrong or is this set-up is simply not bassy enough? I must add that i always have issue's with seal or should i say lack of seal! I have MANY different tips and still have problem's jeeping them in my ear's and when they are im not sure it correct! How is the best way to know you have a correct seal? Anyway,ill stop rabbiting on now and any help would be extrenly helpful. Kind Regards. Jay

Users who are viewing this thread

Back