Head-Fi Basshead IEM thread (lists page 1)
Oct 16, 2018 at 5:01 AM Post #11,476 of 12,597
The Advanced D3 Superbass out of Mojo is a revelation! my favorite well recorded Electronic album Spira Mirajelus by Ajja never sounded so good.
Mist headphones, end even full living room sound systems can't handle the extensive tastey subbass these do and do it well so good they had me shaking in my seat out of the Mojo . Tremendous achievement!! And the creamy miss and god highs come through also well done Advanced!!

I can't seem to find much about their products at all online which leaves me slightly sceptical. Any other recommendations out there @Hawaiibadboy

Cheers

Oct 20, 2018 at 6:05 PM Post #11,477 of 12,597
Hi guys, just signed up but I am a long time lurker!

Currently using a pair of Future Sonics Spectrum G10, however the left headphone has started cutting in and out. Really liked them, however am now in the market for a replacement.

Previously I also owned a pair of Rose Technology Cappuccino MK2, those were great and probably were my end game IEM. Having them break though has put me off purchasing another pair.

I have just purchased the Advanced Sound GT3 Superbass. However I want to make sure that I have made the right decision. There doesn't seem to be many user experiences online yet and normally I research all of my purchases extensively, so this is a bit of a snap decision.

I was looking at the IMR R1, however have seen that there is a new one coming. I was thinking of getting those, however having my headphones break has forced the issue. I can't seem to find any mention of a release date anywhere, I could wait if its a week however any longer is probably too long.

My GT3 Superbass has not shipped yet; so can still cancel.

In terms of sound signature that I like, I am into bassy with really good midrange and less prominent highs. So I guess that is L shaped?

I am open to any headphone suggestions, if anyone knows of any really good higher end Lshaped headphones?

In terms of budget am thinking around £500, however am happy to splurge for something right.

Any advice or recommendations appreciated, sorry for the wall of text.

TL;DR - Have a flexible budget of around £500, am wondering what the best choice for a headphone with an Lshaped soound signature would be?

Oct 20, 2018 at 6:38 PM Post #11,478 of 12,597

Currently using a pair of Future Sonics Spectrum G10, however the left headphone has started cutting in and out. Really liked them, however am now in the market for a replacement.

Previously I also owned a pair of Rose Technology Cappuccino MK2, those were great and probably were my end game IEM. Having them break though has put me off purchasing another pair.

I have just purchased the Advanced Sound GT3 Superbass. However I want to make sure that I have made the right decision. There doesn't seem to be many user experiences online yet and normally I research all of my purchases extensively, so this is a bit of a snap decision.

I was looking at the IMR R1, however have seen that there is a new one coming. I was thinking of getting those, however having my headphones break has forced the issue. I can't seem to find any mention of a release date anywhere, I could wait if its a week however any longer is probably too long.

In terms of sound signature that I like, I am into bassy with really good midrange and less prominent highs. So I guess that is L shaped?

I am open to any headphone suggestions, if anyone knows of any really good higher end Lshaped headphones?

In terms of budget am thinking around £500, however am happy to splurge for something right.

TL;DR - Have a flexible budget of around £500, am wondering what the best choice for a headphone with an Lshaped soound signature would be?

GT3superbass is amazing Amped it is like being in a club listening to jbl monitors
Miss and treble clear cut bass is spectacular IMR r1 S more versatile but much more expensive and heavier
Both are worthy. Impedance S also a critical factor for what source you match them to. Birulllliym driver has slightly metallic sound compared to GT3 Nani coated driver but that works to advantage withv EDM

r1

Oct 23, 2018 at 5:54 AM Post #11,479 of 12,597
Hi guys

I haven't read all the posts but I have a question.
Do you know if a portable amp have a bass boost region really focused on the bass region (100Hz and below)?

Do you know bass boost region of Arrow 5Tx (on all bass positions)?

Thx by advance

Oct 23, 2018 at 1:52 PM Post #11,480 of 12,597
Hi guys

I haven't read all the posts but I have a question.
Do you know if a portable amp have a bass boost region really focused on the bass region (100Hz and below)?

Do you know bass boost region of Arrow 5Tx (on all bass positions)?

Thx by advance

Cayin c5 bass boost is strong in this area from memory, I should dig mine out and have a listen again sometime! I'm currently using an Oppo HA-2 paired with campfire Atlas, and with bass boost they hit significantly harder under 100hz too :)

Sorry I've never heard of / seen the Arrow you speak of

Oct 26, 2018 at 2:34 AM Post #11,481 of 12,597
Hello

Thanks for reply. I've found bass region of Headstage Arrow 5Tx. It's quite good for me. It can boost bass and boost treble too.
I'm boosting bass with my Hifiman HE400i and I'm sometimes boosting treble with my Senn Momentum to give it more clarity.

Oct 29, 2018 at 2:06 PM Post #11,482 of 12,597

It's taken hours and hours of research and consideration.

However in the end I decided to just go for end game.

Ordered a Campfire Audio Atlas, which will be arriving tomorrow! :o2smile:

Last edited:
Nov 1, 2018 at 10:06 PM Post #11,485 of 12,597
Owner of a pair of ASG-2.5 which is starting to go out on me.
Trying to contact customer service to see if I can luck out on them agreeing to take them in for repair.

What's the next best thing out in the market now in terms of that bass? (I listen to the 2.5's with the ports 2/3-3/4 opened)

Nov 2, 2018 at 3:33 AM Post #11,486 of 12,597
Owner of a pair of ASG-2.5 which is starting to go out on me.
Trying to contact customer service to see if I can luck out on them agreeing to take them in for repair.

What's the next best thing out in the market now in terms of that bass? (I listen to the 2.5's with the ports 2/3-3/4 opened)
I have the 2.5 and since I have the R1 they collect dust... but it reminds me to take them for a spin again.....

Nov 2, 2018 at 3:54 AM Post #11,487 of 12,597
I tried a pair of Final Audio E5000 IEM's. The bass was insane on these. Not so much the treble......

Nov 2, 2018 at 7:58 AM Post #11,490 of 12,597
Overall SQ on the R1 is better than the 2.5's? what about sub-bass depth? Comfort?

Comfort wise I would rate them a bit lower than the 2.5 - and the 2.5 are not bad at all. Still love them. But the R1 has a better stage and sounds overall more detailed, energetic and lively. The tuning filters help to find your ideal setup as well.

Over - yes. Sound quality is better in the R1 (for me)

Sub bass - not entirely sur e have to listen to them back to back - give me a day or two.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back