Head-Fi Basshead IEM thread (lists page 1)
Mar 28, 2018 at 11:52 PM Post #11,298 of 12,591
This thread has given me so much that I feel like I need to payback and recommend the IMR - R1. If you go to the facebook page, click on the posts, and it will show a link and you can get them right now for 190 pounds + 10 pounds shipping. It's demo units and b-stock but it doesn't matter. these are 500 pounds normally. I'm listening to them using my headstage arrow 5TX Enhanced Bass Boost (bass switch on 2nd position) and the subbass on these is awesome!. I have the ASG 2.5, Sony XBA-Z5, SonyXB90EX and MDR-7550. These are on par with any of these as far as subbass goes.

Last edited:
Mar 29, 2018 at 3:51 AM Post #11,299 of 12,591
This thread has given me so much that I feel like I need to payback and recommend the IMR - R1. If you go to the facebook page, click on the posts, and it will show a link and you can get them right now for 190 pounds + 10 pounds shipping. It's demo units and b-stock but it doesn't matter. these are 500 pounds normally. I'm listening to them using my headstage arrow 5TX Enhanced Bass Boost (bass switch on 2nd position) and the subbass on these is awesome!. I have the ASG 2.5, Sony XBA-Z5, SonyXB90EX and MDR-7550. These are on par with any of these as far as subbass goes.

Confirmed - with copper filter they pound hard. I like them better than ASG-2.5.

Mar 29, 2018 at 12:37 PM Post #11,300 of 12,591

***! Head-fi is just like a drug.. I read your post and then I had to order them!
Also thanks to @drbluenewmexico for having recommended me these IEMs. In 7-10 days I should have them!

Mar 29, 2018 at 3:34 PM Post #11,301 of 12,591
There is a 12 step audio anonymous program for gear withdrawal but i don't know where it is.
i think it is somewhere between eleven and thirteen, but I'm not sure......meanwhile the IMR-R1
keep improving as they get more play time.....so be patient, 400 hours is what Bob recommended
to me....

Mar 30, 2018 at 2:40 AM Post #11,302 of 12,591
400 hrs?! really? Btw, these are b-stock or ex-demo... so I'll never know how many hours they've already played

Apr 9, 2018 at 9:31 PM Post #11,303 of 12,591
Hello audio enthusiasts. After losing my Alpha & delta AD01 that i liked alot I am looking for a new basshead iem for rap, hip hop and techno music around 100$ that got deep bass and works good with no amp with iphone 6. Beside the Alpha & delta i know the radius nhr21 and nhr31 and periodicaudio mg. Which one should i choose? Do you got other recommendations?

Apr 9, 2018 at 10:04 PM Post #11,304 of 12,591
Hello audio enthusiasts. After losing my Alpha & delta AD01 that i liked alot I am looking for a new basshead iem for rap, hip hop and techno music around 100$ that got deep bass and works good with no amp with iphone 6. Beside the Alpha & delta i know the radius nhr21 and nhr31 and periodicaudio mg. Which one should i choose? Do you got other recommendations?
The NHR31 is better than the NHR21. Removable cables really make a difference. I’m putting mine up for sale, lightly used. PM me if your interested. Search and you’ll find my thread regarding the Radius. I had a tour going about 2 years ago.

Apr 13, 2018 at 10:54 PM Post #11,307 of 12,591

IMR R1...phenomenal! BASS! Great mids! Treble is good, still evaluating. Soundstage is huge. I just got them today...b-stock and all. Im still on the black filter. I will play around with them tomorrow. Cable was hard a hell to get on one side. These are definitely top of the line in sound.

Apr 13, 2018 at 10:59 PM Post #11,308 of 12,591
Can anyone recommend a pair of <$200 for a newbie who wants to dip his toes into bassy IEMs?

I want to hear sub-bass which I don't really hear on my other IEMs (I have analytical, balanced, warm and mids IEMs but no bass focused ones).

I'm currently looking at Orveti Basic and Mee Audio Pro M7.

If anyone can help, I would greatly appreciate it!

Apr 14, 2018 at 12:14 AM Post #11,309 of 12,591
Did you check the lists on the 1st page? The acknowledged and recognized experts have posted their picks there and would be a good starting point for you to research. Then if you have more specific questions I am sure they will enlighten you further :L3000:!

Hope this helps.

Cheers,
Tim

Apr 14, 2018 at 12:15 AM Post #11,310 of 12,591
Did you check the lists on the 1st page? The acknowledged and recognized experts have posted their picks there and would be a good starting point for you to research. Then if you have more specific questions I am sure they will enlighten you further :L3000:!

Hope this helps.

Cheers,
Tim

Will take a look!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back