Head-Fi Basshead IEM thread (lists page 1)
Feb 19, 2018 at 8:43 PM Post #11,281 of 12,591
Plenty loud, enough to hurt yourself if you wanted to! but resolution and bass dynamics improved with
an amp in the circuit...also note im listening to HTC10 phone which has superb headphone out for
a phone...quite adequate if not good....you dont need an amp with this phone......but if you have even
a basic amp (like a Filo A3) the performance becomes stellar...

Mar 1, 2018 at 1:16 PM Post #11,282 of 12,591
Hi there!

My xb90ex stopped working (one of the speaker is k.o.) and I saw that now they're sold like it's gold :cold_sweat:
So, I'm looking for new IEMs that could be equal or better that xb90! I usually listen to trance and hardstyle, so the bass is usually between 45-50 Hz to 80Hz.

They'll be used both unamped (if possible) and combined with FiiO Q5+AM3A (AM5 will be bought in the future btw).

Really open to any suggestion!

The sony 7550 are the "rightful" successors? (same or better bass quality and quantity, overall sound quality, details, soundstage, etc)

Mar 1, 2018 at 3:54 PM Post #11,283 of 12,591
Yes, the 7550 were considered top tier bass iems in comparison with the xb90ex. but they suffer from terrible cabling system
and poor ergonomics...but truly have a studio basshead sound and take amplification like a champ.
New contenders worthy of exploring are the CARDAS EAR SPEAKERS (5813) , the JVC 99ex turbo bass, a unique technology
and the R1 by IMR acoustics with a beryllium/ceramic driver combo which dives deep and hits hard.
the R1 is adaptable to different sound signatures with five filters included and an open vs closed soundstage dial that works well.
The Cardas sounds the most natural, but the JVC 99EX really hits hard and sounds like it has a sub built in, as well as being the
the most reasonably priced, espcialy through amazon japan, where the price just sliced in half when the wireless version came out.
The 7550 are the most "studio" sounding alternative though with great bass, especially when amplified.

Mar 1, 2018 at 4:34 PM Post #11,284 of 12,591
Yes, the 7550 were considered top tier bass iems in comparison with the xb90ex. but they suffer from terrible cabling system
and poor ergonomics...but truly have a studio basshead sound and take amplification like a champ.
New contenders worthy of exploring are the CARDAS EAR SPEAKERS (5813) , the JVC 99ex turbo bass, a unique technology
and the R1 by IMR acoustics with a beryllium/ceramic driver combo which dives deep and hits hard.
the R1 is adaptable to different sound signatures with five filters included and an open vs closed soundstage dial that works well.
The Cardas sounds the most natural, but the JVC 99EX really hits hard and sounds like it has a sub built in, as well as being the
the most reasonably priced, espcialy through amazon japan, where the price just sliced in half when the wireless version came out.
The 7550 are the most "studio" sounding alternative though with great bass, especially when amplified.

Thanks for answering me. The cable in 7550 is just long or it suffers of microphone noise and other stuff?
I was also looking to the others iems that you posted and I wasn't able to find the jvc ones. Is the name spelled correctly?
R1's are really impressive but I think they're a bit out of budget right now.

Mar 1, 2018 at 5:47 PM Post #11,285 of 12,591
The cable interface into the 7550 speaker is proprietary Sony design and flimsy. i had
to actually superglue one into place to keep it having firm contact, (thanks to Hawaiibadboy
for the extra intact cable)which of course is now forever attached. so aftermarket cables hard to come by and rare. noise not so much an issue

JVC ones are:
JVC canal type earphone XX Series High Resolution Heavy Bass Black Ha – fx99x – B
https://www.amazon.co.jp/gp/product/B01M0O8MA3/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
have to order them from japan (site can be read in english via tab at top of browser). half price there.

R1 have been available at half price or below as seconds. contact RMI audio to inquire if any more
still available. They would still be a contender at full price, but at half price they are quite reasonable
for what they do....

good luck with your IEM search!

Mar 1, 2018 at 10:38 PM Post #11,286 of 12,591
Hi there!

My xb90ex stopped working (one of the speaker is k.o.) and I saw that now they're sold like it's gold :cold_sweat:
So, I'm looking for new IEMs that could be equal or better that xb90! I usually listen to trance and hardstyle, so the bass is usually between 45-50 Hz to 80Hz.

They'll be used both unamped (if possible) and combined with FiiO Q5+AM3A (AM5 will be bought in the future btw).

Really open to any suggestion!

The sony 7550 are the "rightful" successors? (same or better bass quality and quantity, overall sound quality, details, soundstage, etc)

I’m going to be putting up a lot of my iems for sale. I found my end game in ear, the isine 10. Up for sale will be xb90ex (like new), cardas ear speakers, FLC8S, Radius NHR31, Pioneer SE-CH9T (like new), JVC fw01 (like new), Trinity phantom master (like new) and phantom sabre, RHA CL1 ceramic with RHA Dacamp L1 (bundle), and some others. Be on the look out.

Mar 2, 2018 at 1:02 AM Post #11,287 of 12,591
Just found out that a replacement cable for 7550 costs around 50$ :triumph:

Don't know, although the cable seems the same for all the sony's iems! I'll continue my research, reading more reviews and we'll see!

The price on the JVC is really good, but the thread here it's just a couple of pages :/

Mar 2, 2018 at 2:24 AM Post #11,288 of 12,591
I’m going to be putting up a lot of my iems for sale. I found my end game in ear, the isine 10. Up for sale will be xb90ex (like new), cardas ear speakers, FLC8S, Radius NHR31, Pioneer SE-CH9T (like new), JVC fw01 (like new), Trinity phantom master (like new) and phantom sabre, RHA CL1 ceramic with RHA Dacamp L1 (bundle), and some others. Be on the look out.

#BassheadSpringCleaning lol ... actually I need to do this soon too, get back to the essentials.

Mar 8, 2018 at 9:59 AM Post #11,290 of 12,591
fender-fxa-7.0.jpg

https://www.theverge.com/circuitbreaker/2016/8/23/12600548/fender-fxa7-pro-headphones-review

Iem's to keep in mind, aren't basshead?

Mar 10, 2018 at 2:17 AM Post #11,291 of 12,591
Hi guys,
my Pioneer SE CH 9T started to rattling on the left side after about 2 months. Used a Cowon Iaudio 9 and a Fiio A3 for amping, think that they can't handle amping that well,sad because i liked them very much.

Has anybody made a similar experience?

Mar 10, 2018 at 3:18 AM Post #11,292 of 12,591
So I purchased the jvc ha fx99x and they sound great, I'd say they're a lot more v shaped and bassier than fw01 or the fx850 but still retain some pretty crisp vocals although not as good. My main gripe with them however, is that they have the worst driver flex I've ever encountered... I thought I had some nasty earwax or something but nah they just flex like crazy even on light insertion to the point where I'm scared they'll break lol. Also they're just as uncomfortable as every JVC earphone unless I use some foam eartips. Anyone else have an issue like this with them?

Mar 10, 2018 at 3:52 AM Post #11,293 of 12,591
So I purchased the jvc ha fx99x and they sound great, I'd say they're a lot more v shaped and bassier than fw01 or the fx850 but still retain some pretty crisp vocals although not as good. My main gripe with them however, is that they have the worst driver flex I've ever encountered... I thought I had some nasty earwax or something but nah they just flex like crazy even on light insertion to the point where I'm scared they'll break lol. Also they're just as uncomfortable as every JVC earphone unless I use some foam eartips. Anyone else have an issue like this with them?

No issues of driver flex with mine (maybe a little crinkling sound, might just be eartip/wax though) they look like they have a front vent so maybe that is getting blocked when you insert them ? (also- you know the trick about lifting your ear and relaxing jaw when inserting IEM right?). AFAIK driver flex usually doesn't cause damage.

I don't find them comfortable either- shallow ears so the large shells rest awkwardly- didn't bother me at first but barely use since (though, usually find JVCs comfortable- fxh30, fd7, fxt90 and fx850 fit me well).

Last edited:
Mar 10, 2018 at 9:14 AM Post #11,294 of 12,591
No issues of driver flex with mine (maybe a little crinkling sound, might just be eartip/wax though) they look like they have a front vent so maybe that is getting blocked when you insert them ? (also- you know the trick about lifting your ear and relaxing jaw when inserting IEM right?). AFAIK driver flex usually doesn't cause damage.

I don't find them comfortable either- shallow ears so the large shells rest awkwardly- didn't bother me at first but barely use since (though, usually find JVCs comfortable- fxh30, fd7, fxt90 and fx850 fit me well).

Crinkling sound = Driver Flex

Mar 10, 2018 at 9:16 AM Post #11,295 of 12,591
guys I want to buy sabaj da2 or sabaj da3 ... I need more volume from android lollipop android system... can I get more volume boost from these sabaj da2/da3 ... what to do you think guys... I suffer from very low volume at some iems... I want to boost the volume to serious levels .. anyone has experience with sabaj da2 and sabaj da3?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back