Head-Fi Basshead IEM thread (lists page 1)
Apr 5, 2017 at 2:29 AM Post #10,741 of 12,592
  Greetings

So I put an iem under my radar when they talk about bass, and then I come over here and check out what bassheads have to say about it. Your impressions about the vega totally ruined it for me and now I am so skeptic about it. I appreciate if you can tell us, what you did not like about it.

Cheers

​The mids  sound thin and recessed. the 1964 U8 are all BA...I don't even like BA, but they hit harder than the Vega and the mids were fine . Be careful about bass claims by folks who prefer it elevated only sometimes if at all because they seem to accept the mids on a bass enhanced set are going to get compromised.... That is not true. I love my mids, I love my bass. They can both be had with some searching and a $1200.00 is not a necessary price to pay to get that.

my opinion. Try them out for yourself as my opinion is worth shiii just like everybody else

Apr 5, 2017 at 4:37 AM Post #10,742 of 12,592
As it stands today which earbud is considered best for bass in 2017?  Is it the sony mentioned on the first page of this forum.  Bass wise I mainly listen to hip hop or reggae.

Apr 5, 2017 at 4:50 AM Post #10,743 of 12,592

​The mids  sound thin and recessed. the 1964 U8 are all BA...I don't even like BA, but they hit harder than the Vega and the mids were fine . Be careful about bass claims by folks who prefer it elevated only sometimes if at all because they seem to accept the mids on a bass enhanced set are going to get compromised.... That is not true. I love my mids, I love my bass. They can both be had with some searching and a $1200.00 is not a necessary price to pay to get that.

my opinion. Try them out for yourself as my opinion is worth shiii just like everybody else

Greetings

All respect, as I was about to just buy the Vega. I thought that mids are thick on the Vega from what people describe in the Vega thread.
So would you say that U8 being better than Vega?

I see your love for the sony ex1000, can I ask if there is there anything you can say negative about it. As I am very curious to buy those as well. As I like iems with huge sound stage.

So far my iems Jhaudio Angie, Sony Z5 and ie800 are just not doing it for me, each has their issues.

Cheers 

Apr 5, 2017 at 9:10 AM Post #10,744 of 12,592
Vegas soundstage feels cramped in comparison to the ex1000. Both have treble spikes in different areas.

Apr 5, 2017 at 9:45 AM Post #10,745 of 12,592
Greetings

All respect, as I was about to just buy the Vega. I thought that mids are thick on the Vega from what people describe in the Vega thread.

I see your love for the sony ex1000, can I ask if there is there anything you can say negative about it. As I am very curious to buy those as well. As I like iems with huge sound stage.

So far my iems Jhaudio Angie, Sony Z5 and ie800 are just not doing it for me, each has their issues.

Cheers 

Have you listened to the z5 with the balanced cable? That's the only way to hear them. They sound awesome balanced.

Apr 5, 2017 at 10:00 AM Post #10,746 of 12,592

Quote:
  Greetings

Cheers 

Bro your posts are extremely polite.
I am happy to chat.

Ask folks in that thread for an example of a song with thick being displayed

This classic track is the one that I listened to.
Lots of info in the mid frequencies. Sounds thick and analogueish Love this track.
Sounded thin on Vega

Meaning: The band sounds far away. Thick mids would make them seem more up close like I had good seats at the show.

I see your love for the sony ex1000, can I ask if there is there anything you can say negative about it. As I am very curious to buy those as well. As I like iems with huge sound stage.​

The EX1000 are very hard to get a good seal. Without that occurring it's pointless to depend on them
The EX1000 have no bass really unless they are EQ'd and even then it takes patience and creativity.

I talk about and voice my love for the EX1000 but rarely rec. I can rec a good item but not like it do to preferences and I can like an item but not rec it due to user requirements. The EX1000 are the kings for me but they fall into the not rec category unless someone is very clear about the possible pitfalls.

Track is from the "Eat a Peach"

Apr 5, 2017 at 11:23 AM Post #10,747 of 12,592
  Greetings

Cheers 

I have to agree with others, the vegas sounded off for the money.   It has very odd tuning for something that expensive.

I have the u8 and will take it over the vegas any day.  

Let me ask this.   You have some good iems, what is it that you don't like about them.

Apr 5, 2017 at 2:04 PM Post #10,748 of 12,592

Bro your posts are extremely polite.
I am happy to chat.

Ask folks in that thread for an example of a song with thick being displayed

This classic track is the one that I listened to.
Lots of info in the mid frequencies. Sounds thick and analogueish Love this track.
Sounded thin on Vega

Meaning: The band sounds far away. Thick mids would make them seem more up close like I had good seats at the show.

I see your love for the sony ex1000, can I ask if there is there anything you can say negative about it. As I am very curious to buy those as well. As I like iems with huge sound stage.​

The EX1000 are very hard to get a good seal. Without that occurring it's pointless to depend on them
The EX1000 have no bass really unless they are EQ'd and even then it takes patience and creativity.

I talk about and voice my love for the EX1000 but rarely rec. I can rec a good item but not like it do to preferences and I can like an item but not rec it due to user requirements. The EX1000 are the kings for me but they fall into the not rec category unless someone is very clear about the possible pitfalls.

Track is from the "Eat a Peach"

I had the 7550, couldn't get a good fit. Bass was stupendous, taped, but not enough going on up top for me. I sold them and bought the ex1000. Yeah, the bass isn't as prominent but overall, its the best iem for me. To get bass I eq them, use them with an amp with bass boost. The cherry on top was my balanced silver cables. They provide a bit more bass, notably midbass and lower mids, making them sound a little thicker. I think that's why they sound so clear, the midbass and lower mids are a little tame. Still, z5, with balanced cables are my 2nd, 1st for bass. Who would've thought after all the collecting, my 2 favs would both be sonys.

I'm not going to lie though, right now the 1more quad driver is the perfect all rounder. It has everything from highest highs down to the bass. They could use a bit more sub bass, but I remedied that with my amp and eq. I don't know how they got highs that clear without sibilance. My most sibilant song had none on the quad driver. Also, the soundstage is so huge. They sound balanced.

Apr 5, 2017 at 2:16 PM Post #10,750 of 12,592
So, 109 pages have passed since I last dropped by this thread, however, a recommendation for anyone that can audition them at a CanJam event or otherwise, the HiFiMan RE2000 - holy moly, that tiny little 9.2mm driver can kick out if warranted, some crazy sub bass... Cleanest sounding IEM I've had the pleasure of hearing full stop...

Make the thunder on the below track sound incredibly convincing up loud... And sound great for music too...

[video]https://youtu.be/wS8y8UKP7jc[/video]

Apr 5, 2017 at 3:35 PM Post #10,751 of 12,592
I feel bad for you talan bro, you got worse iem fitting problems than me!
frown.gif

I guess i will have to give the 1more a shot?

I figured it out. I bought the 7550s from amazon japan warehouse deals (open box) and they didn't have the large hybrid foam tips. Since getting the ex1000s with the foam tips, I get a good seal with the ex1000s and z5s as well.

Apr 5, 2017 at 3:59 PM Post #10,752 of 12,592
So, 109 pages have passed since I last dropped by this thread, however, a recommendation for anyone that can audition them at a CanJam event or otherwise, the HiFiMan RE2000 - holy moly, that tiny little 9.2mm driver can kick out if warranted, some crazy sub bass... Cleanest sounding IEM I've had the pleasure of hearing full stop...

But its $2000 and hifiman has shoddy build quality, esp. based on their history of the RE-400/600.  Even if it does sound amazing I doubt many people will/could buy it.     

Apr 5, 2017 at 3:59 PM Post #10,753 of 12,592

I figured it out. I bought the 7550s from amazon japan warehouse deals (open box) and they didn't have the large hybrid foam tips. Since getting the ex1000s with the foam tips, I get a good seal with the ex1000s and z5s as well.

Phew, ok good. Yes the sony are very tip dependent. Hope they help you maintain a good fit. I use those Sonys on the Roses too

Users who are viewing this thread

Back