Head-Fi Basshead IEM thread (lists page 1)
Feb 19, 2017 at 1:25 PM Post #10,426 of 12,597
Sorry guys, maybe I'm being a but of a demanding basshead.
wink.gif
I just don't care for the xb90ex unamped, not even for bass, but just overall I think it sounds weak, bad dynamics, etc. That's unamped. I definitely liked the Radius unamped better. Maybe it's time for me to revisit the xb90ex, unamped. I'll do that today. Maybe my mind is playing tricks on me. I certainly don't want to give an iem I absolutely love any bad words, if they are undue.

No doubt.   

when you been in this hobby for as long as some of us, it comes down to preference and taste.  Just wanted to keep it K.I.S.S for the new comers.

that bomb digity that got me rambling the other night :wink:

Feb 19, 2017 at 4:35 PM Post #10,427 of 12,597
Don't buy the xb90ex unless you are going to amp it or use a powerful dap. If not, get the Radius n21 or whatever the hell it's called. Xb90ex needs juice to sound good. I have rha t10, which is supposed to be better than the 750s, not in same league... Sony blows it away. Can't help much with the other IEMs.

I don't like it amped or unamped, it's nice for just boomy bass with bass boost amp, makes it too expensive for what you get, could be worth it to some. Microdetailing is on par with vsd3s so

many bassheads have basshead amp though, I don't even like pm4 I actually replaced pm4 bas with flare dd all together way better. pm4 just has best bass in quantity and subbass

Feb 19, 2017 at 11:51 PM Post #10,429 of 12,597
I don't like it amped or unamped, it's nice for just boomy bass with bass boost amp, makes it too expensive for what you get, could be worth it to some. Microdetailing is on par with vsd3s so

many bassheads have basshead amp though, I don't even like pm4 I actually replaced pm4 bas with flare dd all together way better. pm4 just has best bass in quantity and subbass

and PM4 is using the push-pull double dynamic cones from Vyrus, right ?

Feb 20, 2017 at 2:21 AM Post #10,431 of 12,597
  Same as the Sabre, the Vyrus is just a single 7mm driver.

Damn, thanks for the heads up, nearly pre-bought one for my friend and one for myself to try out of curiosity.

Feb 20, 2017 at 9:10 AM Post #10,433 of 12,597

Hawaiibadboy's comprasion at description.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=33dGQU-vyOM

(Slam) PM4, TFZ5S ,XB90, NHR21 (Sub bass) XB90,NHR,TFZ,PM4 (mids) xb90,PM4,NHR,TFZ (highs) PM4,XB90,NHR,TFZ (stage) XB90,PM4, (Overall) Xb90,PM4,NHR,TFZ

Feb 20, 2017 at 10:22 AM Post #10,436 of 12,597

Hawaiibadboy's comprasion at description.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=33dGQU-vyOM

(Slam) PM4, TFZ5S ,XB90, NHR21 (Sub bass) XB90,NHR,TFZ,PM4 (mids) xb90,PM4,NHR,TFZ (highs) PM4,XB90,NHR,TFZ (stage) XB90,PM4, (Overall) Xb90,PM4,NHR,TFZ

Just my opinion. We cannot do vids in here so it comes down to taste. Warrior and Chilly are both top notch members as well striped up bassheads. 

I get irked by audiophile rec's of $1000+ IEM most folks can't vouche for but basshead disagreements are like drunk arguments with family at holiday dinner. Kinda fun.

Feb 20, 2017 at 12:27 PM Post #10,438 of 12,597
I'm about to replace my 3 years old Android with iPhone 6S/7 Plus. However, the last time I plugged my SoundMAGIC E10 into an iPhone 6S, it sound very dissappointing. There is no bass, the "Bass Boost-ish" in Setting doesn't change anything. On my Android, I use Poweramp, its EQ and Bass/Treble knob are fantastic. Since I couldn't find any music player on Appstore that is close to Poweramp, can anyone recommend a good combo (IEM+App+DAC/NoDAC) that deliver Subwoofer like bass for iPhone 6S/7.

My budget is about 200 bucks. Thanks.

Feb 20, 2017 at 12:33 PM Post #10,439 of 12,597
Unamped - HiSoundAudio Wooduo 2 slams pretty hard with no amp, however.. that slam is fairly 'bloated' bass. I mean like no tightness at all, but it definitely delivers some impact you can feel with no amp required (amping does not even really change how hard they hit, just how loud it can go).

However, these are getting to be a bit more rare and harder to find.

Feb 20, 2017 at 3:06 PM Post #10,440 of 12,597
I've been listening to the Radius NHR-21 for a few days now. Unamped these headphones have a lot of bass. They shine specifically with rap, but have sounded pretty good with everything I've thrown at them. I've tested them with heavy metal, and the drums and guitar sound awesome. Screamed vocals, if you're into that, sound great as well. The only time I felt they sounded a little off was during heavy metal tracks with fast paced drumming and melodic singing. The instrumentals overshadowed the vocals significantly on those tracks, but I still found it to be an enjoyable listen. I get a good seal with these headphones, although if I move around a lot they start to lose the seal. They are pretty comfortable, although I left them in for about 8 hours while studying and they started to irritate my ears; that's probably the case with any pair of headphones, though. These headphones get very loud if you can handle that. I can't go above 75% volume on my iPhone without it being uncomfortably loud. They also leak a considerable amount of sound if that's a concern. For comparison, the only other in ear headphones I've owned have been the GR07 bass edition and the klipsch s4. Compared to the GR07 the sound is a little less clear, but it's a much fuller sound with the strong bass (the GR07 BE has pretty much non existent bass - I don't recommend them.) Compared to the klipsch s4 there is much more bass and more clarity with the NHR-21. The headphones are well built and seem very durable. If you're looking for a ~$100 pair of headphones with great bass and don't want to deal with an amp, this is a great option.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back