Head-Fi Basshead IEM thread (lists page 1)
Feb 18, 2017 at 2:35 PM Post #10,411 of 12,596
Not everyone is like us brotha :wink:  @warrior1975

Lately i've been thinking that the two extreme threads are the TRUE basshead threads.  People from all over the interweb come here to get info, not opinions.  Being one of the members thats mentioned on the very first page we got to be considerate of all levels of bassheads not only the extremes.  If we don't think this way, this place is no better than the elitist threads that are everywhere on this forum. Of course when you talk about quality, this place ain't got time for that, but for sheer impact and quantity this place is it. 

HBB said it before, this place bigger than all of us now.

Great post man. I can dig everything you're saying.

I've been doing bass right for about a year and a half now. Before then though, I really had no conception of bass in headphones and couldn't just go out and spend a few hundred bucks not knowin what I was getting. But i had 2 12s in high school and have always known I was basshead since then.

But headphones, eq, amps, etc can be intimidating so I started small, one piece of kit at a time slowly building my bass empire.

I couldn't have done it without all the invaluable support here though and really appreciate all you fellows.

Extreme means different things to different people and it's good to recognize that common folk, like myself at one point, cannot comprehend what these threads are after until it's experienced firsthand.

Keep up the good work everyone!

Feb 19, 2017 at 4:32 AM Post #10,412 of 12,596
When threads get as big as this and the Extreme Bass thread the quality over quantity ideal gets merc'd and half the folks are not really bassheads but they got a set to hype and dropping it's name in here has value. That is unfortunate but when I started the thread nobody gave a ****.

The over ears thread got cannibalized by a # of other sites that put SZ #1 when we know...We knooooow they never switched pads and amped and EQ'd so they are parroting.  I know sometimes a person is genuinely helped by the lists and avoid the bull back and forth with some anonymous member saying stuff that just don't seem right. Better 10 innocent men go free than 1 innocent man is convicted.

If 10 people puke up some crap on here it is worth it if 1 guy reads decides and comes back happy.

Feb 19, 2017 at 7:18 AM Post #10,413 of 12,596
I found headfi.org by reading lot. I bought my v-moda m100's thanks to HBB basshead thread. Then I found this slice of heaven, I have spent too much but still find that idiot grin on my face when baassss slams in & thank you all from the boottom of my basshead heart for contributing & giving a f&$k enough to care this much.

Feb 19, 2017 at 8:45 AM Post #10,414 of 12,596
Someone tried the Vyrus recently, dual dynamic push-pull cones and they were pretty solid ?
I wish I could find a 2-pin to MMCX adapter to get a bluetooth hack going with them for the gym.

Found a Bluetooth apt-X 4.1 neck sling but the plugs are MMCX and this Vyrus 2 is 2-pin.

Feb 19, 2017 at 10:03 AM Post #10,415 of 12,596
Sorry guys, maybe I'm being a but of a demanding basshead. :wink: I just don't care for the xb90ex unamped, not even for bass, but just overall I think it sounds weak, bad dynamics, etc. That's unamped. I definitely liked the Radius unamped better. Maybe it's time for me to revisit the xb90ex, unamped. I'll do that today. Maybe my mind is playing tricks on me. I certainly don't want to give an iem I absolutely love any bad words, if they are undue.

Feb 19, 2017 at 10:49 AM Post #10,416 of 12,596
Sorry guys, maybe I'm being a but of a demanding basshead.
wink.gif
I just don't care for the xb90ex unamped, not even for bass, but just overall I think it sounds weak, bad dynamics, etc. That's unamped. I definitely liked the Radius unamped better. Maybe it's time for me to revisit the xb90ex, unamped. I'll do that today. Maybe my mind is playing tricks on me. I certainly don't want to give an iem I absolutely love any bad words, if they are undue.

Everybody got different views. We can't do vids like overears. I honestly use EX1000 balanced pretty much all the time anyway.

Feb 19, 2017 at 11:08 AM Post #10,417 of 12,596
Just listened to a couple of tracks on my lg v20, compared to my Cowon S. Night and day difference. But, the Sony sounded a little better than I previously thought, but I still say there are better options, unamped at that price, not many though. Amped... Good God do these things pound. Absolutely insane. I can see how people would enjoy them unamped... But, I definitely suggest amping them...both you and they deserve it!!!

Feb 19, 2017 at 11:55 AM Post #10,419 of 12,596
First and foremost, more bass!! Also, I think with an amp it has better range, more sub bass, better treble, etc. I think it sounds exponentially better. Probably one of the most power hungry iems I own. Shows the greatest improvement in sound when amped. After listening again to it through my phone, it definitely does not sound bad... I was wrong, it sounds very good. Amp isn't needed to enjoy it, but it definitely makes for an improved experience.

Feb 19, 2017 at 11:56 AM Post #10,420 of 12,596
I enjoyed very much with xb90 unamped  its soft,deep subbass and clear mids.:D Why do you need amp?

So that the bass is not soft and so that when you EQ it stays controlled and does not distort.
External amp is not mandatory if your source already has a good amp.
Your source might be ok because the most noticeable thing when they are underdriven is the mids sound a bit recessed and the treble is muffled.
But xb90 scale really well with source & power improvements.

Feb 19, 2017 at 12:23 PM Post #10,421 of 12,596
I just ordered more tips, spiral dots Ml, which is the best size for my ears. I always lose the damn things. Ordered 2 3packs. They are the only tips I get consistent seal with, especially with the xb90ex. When I hold them in with the large tips, huge increase in bass.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back