Head-Fi Basshead IEM thread (lists page 1)
Jan 22, 2017 at 2:13 PM Post #10,218 of 12,591
Just picked up the new Oriveti Primacy Basic (single titanium coated 10mm DD). Just opened them up and at quick listen these seem to punch above their price point! The XB90s weren't on prime so I took a chance w these. Removable MMCX cable, aluminum body, no microphonics w stock cable.

Super comfortable, easy seal, definitely a basshead potential IEM. Need someone else better at descriptions than me to pick these up. Haven't gotten further than listening to 320 mp3s (Google Play downloaded tracks) on my 6p with Arise/V4A but impressed so far.

Next is to see if my favorite spiral dot tips make a difference and burn these in.

Edit: Spiral dot tips just took these to the next level of soundstage and bass. :)

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B01MTXO6L2/ref=sxts1?ie=UTF8&qid=1485111685&sr=1&pi=AC_SX236_SY340_FMwebp_QL65

Jan 23, 2017 at 3:47 PM Post #10,219 of 12,591
Just picked up the new Oriveti Primacy Basic (single titanium coated 10mm DD). Just opened them up and at quick listen these seem to punch above their price point! The XB90s weren't on prime so I took a chance w these. Removable MMCX cable, aluminum body, no microphonics w stock cable.

Super comfortable, easy seal, definitely a basshead potential IEM. Need someone else better at descriptions than me to pick these up. Haven't gotten further than listening to 320 mp3s (Google Play downloaded tracks) on my 6p with Arise/V4A but impressed so far.

Next is to see if my favorite spiral dot tips make a difference and burn these in.

Edit: Spiral dot tips just took these to the next level of soundstage and bass. :)

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B01MTXO6L2/ref=sxts1?ie=UTF8&qid=1485111685&sr=1&pi=AC_SX236_SY340_FMwebp_QL65

You Sir, are evil, and thus, must be destroyed. Now I have to try these myself! You've piqued my curiosity. Thanks for the heads-up. :thumbsup:

Jan 23, 2017 at 4:10 PM Post #10,220 of 12,591
You Sir, are evil, and thus, must be destroyed. Now I have to try these myself! You've piqued my curiosity. Thanks for the heads-up. :thumbsup:

I'm a madam (but not THAT kind), lol but please do post up if you pick them up. I'm certainly curious to see what others think of these. I was disappointed with the Trinity Sabres mostly because of the funky fit and it was just kind of meh. I wanted the original Primacy and was going to buy it until I saw the new thread about the Primacy 2.0 and new Primacy Basic. By the impressions, the new hybrid didn't sound like it was going to impress me as much as the previous version so I took a chance on the single DD. Plus with the included accessories, aluminum body, detachable cable for 99 shipped...i couldn't resist.

Definitely recommend large bore tips like the Spiral Dots over the stock tips.

Jan 24, 2017 at 8:09 AM Post #10,221 of 12,591
Im sat in a train station, just finished a work course waiting to go home.

Im using the Trinity pm4 silver filters just through my phone and kombi tips. Album im playing is views by drake through UAPP. These are bad boy IEM's. Unamped through the galaxy s6 edge+ the bass goes hard and deep whilst mainting its great clarity.

This album sounds very spacious also through these IEM's @ 320kbps.

I have the new Trinity master on order too so will be interesting to see how they compare. These pm4 really are great to my ears.

Jan 24, 2017 at 8:45 AM Post #10,222 of 12,591

Im using the Trinity pm4 silver filters just through my phone and kombi tips. Album im playing is views by drake through UAPP. These are bad boy IEM's. Unamped through the galaxy s6 edge+ the bass goes hard and deep whilst mainting its great clarity.

I have the new Trinity master on order too so will be interesting to see how they compare. These pm4 really are great to my ears.

They hit hard.
Top 5 ear drum bashers in my book.

Jan 24, 2017 at 8:52 AM Post #10,223 of 12,591
Im loving the ex800st too. Triple layer of black tape over the ventgets the bass slamming. How much harder they go I have no idea, but what i do is basically leave bass as is and just eq the higher frequencies so I end up with a thunderous bass with clear highs, sounds epic...

Jan 24, 2017 at 10:33 AM Post #10,224 of 12,591

I have the master on the way as well but have the sabre now. It hits hard as well, I believe the same as the PM4.

I consider myself a basshead and welcome ample bass but right now, to me, nothing gets with the ex1000. I have to eq and bass boost them to get the bass, but overall, these are it, not for bass but for everything.

I've amassed quite a few really good iems. I'm about to sell my SE846. I respect them more than I like them. At first I kept them as my totl iems but found I wasn't listening to them, almost like I was saving them. When I made a conscious effort to listen to them I found myself going back to other favorite daily users. It took me a long time to realize while I like them, I don't love them. The bass is great but the mids are too boosted and the treble too rolled off. Also, not enough soundstage for me.

Jan 24, 2017 at 10:53 AM Post #10,225 of 12,591
I have the master on the way as well but have the sabre now. It hits hard as well, I believe the same as the PM4.

I consider myself a basshead and welcome ample bass but right now, to me, nothing gets with the ex1000. I have to eq and bass boost them to get the bass, but overall, these are it, not for bass but for everything.

I've amassed quite a few really good iems. I'm about to sell my SE846. I respect them more than I like them. At first I kept them as my totl iems but found I wasn't listening to them, almost like I was saving them. When I made a conscious effort to listen to them I found myself going back to other favorite daily users. It took me a long time to realize while I like them, I don't love them. The bass is great but the mids are too boosted and the treble too rolled off. Also, not enough soundstage for me.

I think folks might get confused about what basshead is.

The term 100% came from car audio where I was born in the audio sense.

Along with the massive subs we got separates for mids and highs. It is a gimmie/it goes without saying.

Massive bass being hand and hand with compromised mids is not a concern for Home or car audio, it is unique to headphones/IEM

The EX1000 are the finest IEM that I have touched and I have touched so many...way too many. Way too much money wasted. I only have 2 ears and not enough time to listen as I'd like but when i do it's the ex1000.
I got stuff i gotta sell and that sucks but looking at lots of stuff i don't use makes me feel like a nerds nerd. Total geek.
I'm not a geek
I need to get rid of some stuff.

Jan 24, 2017 at 11:30 AM Post #10,227 of 12,591
  How is ex1000 isolaton. hopefully it is similar to wearing MDR ex800st? 

I remember when basshead was an only car audio term really...

I think it is a better fit earhook/cable wise but it still needs a lot of personal work. Tip rolling and hook adjusting and EQ and some power. It's not a plug and play kinda set.
I mat my entire ride, install rubber washers everywhere and do lots of work for my rides so it is no big deal to sweat a few lost hours for some earphones with the right EQ but for some folks they just wanna open the box and go. i get it. I pref the optimal performance possible and the work to get there is not a biggie.

Jan 25, 2017 at 2:35 AM Post #10,229 of 12,591
How is ex1000 isolaton. hopefully it is similar to wearing MDR ex800st? 

Slightly better than earbuds? I find it listenable at lowish volumes so IMO relatively ok except on really loud streets (though the treble probably the reason for this and I actually kind of like having a little bit of environmental noise audible).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back