Head-Fi Basshead IEM thread (lists page 1)
Jan 18, 2017 at 4:15 PM Post #10,191 of 12,593
These r2s are bassy, pm4 is awesome r2s is epic bass is huge, just 99 pounds from 300 just wonderful, this iem does everything right. I like both pm4 and r2s both have bass, need to pick which I like
[VIDEO]https://youtu.be/XaLScQUxMj0[/VIDEO]

Jan 19, 2017 at 1:26 AM Post #10,194 of 12,593
I think I will kill myself before getting these ex1000 into this case.

I just don't use the insert part of the case... less protected but they fit in much easier.... but it is a terrible case.

Jan 19, 2017 at 1:40 AM Post #10,195 of 12,593
Oh, I love them! They have the deepest, tightest bass. I could use more impact, and I know it's there. I'm going to cover the vents but they look so small. I like them much better than the 7550. Much more stage and treble detail. They sound like speakers

The fit on these things are a bitch, but the better cable does help a bit.  This how I figure if I have a perfect fit for them.  put them on where you think you have a seal.  Throw on a bass heavy track, if you push on them and the bass changes, you don't have a perfect seal yet.  Once you have the perfect seal, you'll be rewarded with one of the best dynamic iems for bass and lower mids. I still think the upper-mid lower-treble is troublesome, and with some tracks i want to rip the iems out of my ear, but with some eq'ing you can kind a fix it.

For you mr. talan, i'm gonna go listen to them right now.  haven't touch them in a while.

Jan 19, 2017 at 1:45 AM Post #10,196 of 12,593
  Decided to give Sony another shot after selling my MDR 7550s to Lohb.

enter MDR EX1000. Now, to get bass out of these bad boys or they are up for sale.

Ooooooh SNAP!!

My babies!!!

parametric EQ with multiple bass peaks is amazing. Getting a seal is fun like setting yourself on fire but sound is end of the road for me. Have not looked at other IEM for daily listening.

This EQ style in vid is perfect for ex1000. shiiii I used them for this vid

Jan 19, 2017 at 2:06 AM Post #10,197 of 12,593
gotta stretch them out first but shure olives are pretty nice with ex1000, i haven't compared w/ silicon how it affects the bass though, usually foam tips lose a bit but these don't seem as bad

Jan 19, 2017 at 8:50 PM Post #10,198 of 12,593
Hi All,

I read conflicting comments regarding silicon tips vs foam tips, as to which improves bass for IEMs, could someone help clarify?

Jan 19, 2017 at 8:56 PM Post #10,199 of 12,593
Hi All,

I read conflicting comments regarding silicon tips vs foam tips, as to which improves bass for IEMs, could someone help clarify?

I think it's all dependent on your ears and subjective sound, but I've found silicone is better for bass than foam. I actually try to use large bore tips like the JVC spiral dots on as many IEMs as I can.

I think foam is better for isolation, but this just my experience...ymmv

Jan 19, 2017 at 9:06 PM Post #10,200 of 12,593
These r2s are bassy, pm4 is awesome r2s is epic bass is huge, just 99 pounds from 300 just wonderful, this iem does everything right. I like both pm4 and r2s both have bass, need to pick which I like

I've got the R2A from the original Kickstarter, and I still love the hell outta them. Maybe not true basshead bass, but close enough for something so dang comfortable and tiny that I forget they are in my ears sometimes. They just hit that sweet spot of doing everything just about right, and can take EQ and bass boosts w an amp. Haven't had any issues yet with them!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back