Head-Fi Basshead IEM thread (lists page 1)
Dec 27, 2016 at 6:22 PM Post #10,081 of 12,592
That's the first I've read bad about them. I don't mean that to discount you in any way, quite the opposite. Noble is known for their strong following, and slightly over zealous fan base. I've debated getting them for months, but have been reluctant to pull the trigger because I didn't think they'd be so great.

Dec 27, 2016 at 7:58 PM Post #10,082 of 12,592
That's the first I've read bad about them. I don't mean that to discount you in any way, quite the opposite. Noble is known for their strong following, and slightly over zealous fan base. I've debated getting them for months, but have been reluctant to pull the trigger because I didn't think they'd be so great.

I found that there are surprisingly few reviews of these - I did read an highly negative review in another audio forum but I dismissed it (my mistake).  

Dec 27, 2016 at 8:03 PM Post #10,083 of 12,592
Over zealous definitely. Didn't get the bass that was described when tested the different models when I was upgrading my IEM. No complaints about the built quality of their universal IEM, but the sound quality and bass is not aligned to the exaggerated reviews.

They are not bad overall, but just far from what was described. I would have bought one but after doing a proper audition, my money went to JH instead.

Dec 27, 2016 at 8:10 PM Post #10,084 of 12,592
I haven't heard them yet. I've only seen one person compare them to the heavy hitters, and he says they are favorable... But I have my doubts. I could be wrong though.

I heard them bro and mentioned it in a vid but not here. They are not as potent as U8 which are not as potent as some heavy hitters. I would not rec a Noble because the gear is ...go find a youtube of a guy who opened his savant and tell me that isn't a $25 chinese IEM. Demo the Dulce 1st before dropping that cash for what is a greatly over praised item.   IMO

Dec 27, 2016 at 8:29 PM Post #10,086 of 12,592

Remnds me of how kids used to argue about Nintendo vs Sega, MSFT vs Apple... pretty silly to begin with except in this case there are 50 other companies making products that are just as good :blink:

Dec 29, 2016 at 8:16 PM Post #10,087 of 12,592
Anyone with £6 to spare get the KZ Zs3 http://www.gearbest.com/on-ear-over-ear-headphones/pp_436717.html

I have spent some more time with them, and can say they are brilliant, and the bass is there in abundance!

Considering my daily headphones are VMODA M100 I do not feel a great need to put down the ZS3 which is crazy. And for those wondering the ZS3 has more bass, although the M100 wins overall which is expected, especially due to the much larger soundstage. I wont spam the thread with this ZS3 recommendation but just wanted to let people know my thoughts after using them for a week.  

EDIT: If your the type of basshead that needs to EQ the M100 bass up a ton to enjoy music then the Zs3 wont be for you as the bass isnt THAT much more than the M100's. 

Dec 30, 2016 at 7:03 AM Post #10,089 of 12,592
Got the PM4 and will compare with others as the holidays wind down. Shout out to the dude who sent em. I will take good care and send to another or back when asked
beerchug.gif

Dec 30, 2016 at 9:12 AM Post #10,090 of 12,592
it's a weird iem in that it actually gets better with use perhaps that's what burn in is, has 4 drivers to burn in. Have a look at dampened purple filters and close the hole on stem of filter with small piece of blu tack, seems to be best balance perhas cause I like bass hihi

Dec 30, 2016 at 12:39 PM Post #10,091 of 12,592
Submitting the KEF M200 for consideration. I jumped on it for $69 and this thing is capable of some serious bass. I connected it to my iFi iCan, flipped on the XBass setting and dialed in some BBE Mach3 Bass through a DSP, started playing a song from my "Bass Bangers" playlist and for a second, my eyes crossed involuntarily. The only other headphone that's done that was the SZ2K. It hits hard, with a tactile rumble that you can feel. 

Dec 30, 2016 at 4:14 PM Post #10,092 of 12,592
Submitting the KEF M200 for consideration. I jumped on it for $69 and this thing is capable of some serious bass. I connected it to my iFi iCan, flipped on the XBass setting and dialed in some BBE Mach3 Bass through a DSP, started playing a song from my "Bass Bangers" playlist and for a second, my eyes crossed involuntarily. The only other headphone that's done that was the SZ2K. It hits hard, with a tactile rumble that you can feel. 

Bass penetrating to the optic nerve, love it! Sounds like a great budget set, I'm still really impressed with my xb90ex for the price.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back