Head-Fi Basshead IEM thread (lists page 1)
Dec 31, 2016 at 1:08 AM Post #10,097 of 12,596
Got the PM4 and will compare with others as the holidays wind down. Shout out to the dude who sent em. I will take good care and send to another or back when asked
beerchug.gif

I joked you gonna get them before New Year and you did, haha! Haven't expected that considering it's holiday season.

I hope you gonna like them and can't wait for your review. Then we can set up the next person in line to receive them.

Happy New Year my fellow bassheads!

Dec 31, 2016 at 2:42 AM Post #10,098 of 12,596
I joked you gonna get them before New Year and you did, haha! Haven't expected that considering it's holiday season.

I hope you gonna like them and can't wait for your review. Then we can set up the next person in line to receive them.

You tha man. I will take good care of em till passing them along.

Any rec ( i got one already) from you about best config for these?

Dec 31, 2016 at 10:23 AM Post #10,099 of 12,596

what filters do you recommend on the PM4s for best bass experience????

Dec 31, 2016 at 10:32 PM Post #10,102 of 12,596
what filters do you recommend on the PM4s for best bass experience????

i like silver no damp and purple damp with blu tack on the fissure under tip. can depend on tips though, your dac and preference as per usual

To me PM4 has much less bass quantity compared to my Fidue A73 even with the silver filters on...

i hope this isn't a troll comment, on my PM4 bass is huge plus better bass, a73 is nice though

Jan 1, 2017 at 1:17 PM Post #10,104 of 12,596
A tune I've had on repeat with my ex800, mojo amped with c5, bass boost on, no EQ.

The Mack - fetty wap and mark morrison remix of the classic song return of the mack.

The bass hit in this song is like a relentless hammer constantly. Try it guys, I actually really dig this song as the original is a great tune also

Jan 1, 2017 at 9:59 PM Post #10,106 of 12,596
Speaking of budget iems. I've recently given the jvc gummys a quick test. At $6, they're pretty impressive. Not top ten worthy of course, but for under $10 I was really surprised that they came pretty close to my xb90ex in stock trim with eq alone. A good pair for the gym to be sure.

Jan 1, 2017 at 10:14 PM Post #10,107 of 12,596
Hope all of you had a nice and safe NYE

Quote:
I haven't listened to my NHR21's since I got the NHR31. They are much better with balanced cables. Bass is still the same, a little more controlled.

yeah these things are a nice all around set.  Only thing that worries me is the driver flex, there's a lot of it.

Jan 2, 2017 at 11:41 AM Post #10,109 of 12,596
Sorry guys, got sidetracked with New Year celebrations.

As much as I love bass from IEMs or headphones, it's very hard to beat properly tuned night club sound system. Haha!

Some of you asked about PM4 filter recommendations and to be clear, I'd very limited time with them before sending them to HBB. I saw people mentioning these IEMs on this thread, thus thought of letting HBB to pass a proper judgment on them as he heard a lot of TOFL IEMs.

Silver filters should offer the most bass and I liked the dampened version more.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jan 2, 2017 at 3:04 PM Post #10,110 of 12,596
  Funny story everyone; 

Today over my parents my mom showed me her new desktop stereo system, some cheap cd player with cheap speakers and a radio. She likes listening to her gospel radio stations and am talk radio. I asked her if she liked it and she said she's taking it back. I asked her why and she said, and I quote, "It doesn't have the BASS in it." I looked at my wife and laughed and said, my mom is a basshead! 70 something years old. I told her to take it back, I'd hook her up. Bass must be in my dna. Now to find a retro-ish desktop system with cd, cassette (my mom's old school), and radio, with good sound and of course, good bass.

tell your mom that on the street in 2017.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back