Head-Fi Basshead IEM thread (lists page 1)
Oct 21, 2016 at 12:27 PM Post #9,511 of 12,591
Have my Vegas. I'm extremely impressed, especially taking in the driver size, it's pretty ridiculous how hard these hit. It gets very low too. Some harsh treble at times.

I can't say basshead levels yet. I've only listened for ten minutes and some songs are ridiculous with bass, some not so much. Not sure if it's a seal issue. They sound great though. But extremely pricey obviously.

Oct 21, 2016 at 12:32 PM Post #9,512 of 12,591
many thanks for those bass (guitar/floor bass etc) songs...
'tis appreciated...expanding my bass list as we speak.
hope it helps others better enjoy their iems/cans, too.

despite posting this before, I hope you all enjoy it again
(also for new members = fab floor bass)

love the pooch.

encore performance by adam ben ezra

Oct 21, 2016 at 12:53 PM Post #9,513 of 12,591
I have to say if the Vegas had a bigger driver they would without a doubt be number 1 on the basshead list. They are going to be on my list for sure. More bass then se846, noble k10s (doesn't say much here), and more than the ex1000. Very impressive.

Oct 21, 2016 at 2:41 PM Post #9,514 of 12,591
i might have a listen to the vegas here at the headphone bar in vancouver, along with the andromedas and sines on ears.
but with our lousy cdn dollar they're $1700 (not including taxes...ouch!
frown.gif
)...so i won't buy them,,,but i just HAVE to compare
them to the FLC 8S

Oct 21, 2016 at 5:34 PM Post #9,516 of 12,591
Quote:

I might be able to borrow a set from somebody and do a review.

EDIT:
That won't do you any good because of the time pressure (drop)
frown.gif

Wow that would be great. Even if it doesn't mean in the next couple of days at least the review can be of help to others in the future.

In the mean time is it possible to ask that person what they think? Are they a Head-Fi member? Maybe I could PM them?

Oct 21, 2016 at 9:47 PM Post #9,518 of 12,591
There are a few reviews here, you can read about them. People say they are very bassy, personally I don't care that much for bass...
wink.gif

Yes, I saw the reviews, but I didn't see any comparisons to any basshead IEMs. Without a comparison I have no idea how bassy they are.

Oct 21, 2016 at 10:37 PM Post #9,522 of 12,591

Yes, I saw the reviews, but I didn't see any comparisons to any basshead IEMs. Without a comparison I have no idea how bassy they are.

I have a reviewer sending me the full 3 in the series for a video review and compare with some other IEM. So they are in bound. See what they do naturally and see what they do with some amp and EQ

Oct 22, 2016 at 1:07 AM Post #9,524 of 12,591

I have a reviewer sending me the full 3 in the series for a video review and compare with some other IEM. So they are in bound. See what they do naturally and see what they do with some amp and EQ

In-bound for some extreme Skunkworks outer limits lab tests.
ksc75smile.gif

Oct 22, 2016 at 3:47 AM Post #9,525 of 12,591
I remember the people initially praising those TFZ iems were doing so in the context of the low price and after doing some extensive modding... I wonder if that's stuff everybody is doing since the uptick in popularity... guess you can't really try irreversible mods with review copies.

idk about the IEMS but The Fragrant Zither is a cool company name at least.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back