Head-Fi Basshead IEM thread (lists page 1)
Oct 17, 2016 at 9:25 PM Post #9,436 of 12,597
I already had a negative experience with their company years back. I made Vitaly (the owner) aware of it, and he did nothing to make it right. I wasn't looking for anything either. I was just doing it more so as one small business owner to another. He could have easily corrected the wrong without any money, but chose not to. All he had to do was was say he was sorry and let me know he still wanted my business, which to me is a very small thing, but he chose not to. I spent my money elsewhere, which ended up being $1k on a pair of Heir Audio 8s. His loss as I'm sure the Heir 8s were better than what he had at the time.

Hawaiibadboy Watching Viceland, they are doing a show on Hawaii bro, made me think of you brotha!! They mentioned wow wow lemonade. Your joint?

Oct 17, 2016 at 10:47 PM Post #9,437 of 12,597
I already had a negative experience with their company years back. I made Vitaly (the owner) aware of it, and he did nothing to make it right. I wasn't looking for anything either. I was just doing it more so as one small business owner to another. He could have easily corrected the wrong without any money, but chose not to. All he had to do was was say he was sorry and let me know he still wanted my business, which to me is a very small thing, but he chose not to. I spent my money elsewhere, which ended up being $1k on a pair of Heir Audio 8s. His loss as I'm sure the Heir 8s were better than what he had at the time.

@Hawaiibadboy Watching Viceland, they are doing a show on Hawaii bro, made me think of you brotha!! They mentioned wow wow lemonade. Your joint?

CHORD will never get a penny of my cash again like ASG/Fender. I got zero help not even replies. Cayin is kinda blowing my mind. I have directly rec'd leading to purchase of the C5 amp over 200 times and more and I get snark comments when i applied for a world tour.

I vote with my wallet. Mess me once and it's over. Brooko and Relic have shown the same leanings when it comes to the priority of customer after care so it's not a pet peeve...it's common sense.

Nah bruh, My joint is "swipe". It's like fruity tasting moonshine made illegally from fruit skins jarred up and left to ferment. If you go to parties it's for the V.I.P only like the H.L.S.A   O.G's cuz it takes time and skill and you gotta be a somebody to get some

From Yahoo:

Hawaiian Swipe? Alcoholic punch?

My friend is from Hawaii, and her mom say's she remembers going to luaus and beach partys, and she says the old men used to make something they called "swipe." She say's that it tastes just like punch and all she can remember about it is that it had guava in it. my question is: does anybody have a recipe for this drink, or a relative that they can ask how it was made? Thank you=-)

swipe is a liquor all on its own. Its not a mixed drink.
From what I can remember according to my parents (who grew up in Hawaii), it is basically made from the fruit itself as it gets old you mash it to a pulp and it'll ferment eventually turning into liquor. But it can be VERY strong if something is not added to it like yeast.

Oct 17, 2016 at 10:57 PM Post #9,438 of 12,597
Damn, that sounds good bro.

What happened with Chord? Cayin gave you comments? That's crazy bro, so many bought that amp, myself included because of you. Same with Mojo, I was curious but you put me over the top on that one as well.

Oct 17, 2016 at 11:17 PM Post #9,439 of 12,597
The 7550 ad 1000 are Studio/reference tuned but slam with EQ. I like to force a ref tuned driver instead of tame an over pre-tuned "V" IEM

40 Hz  "Low Shelf  +6  1.250 "Q"
 64Hz   "Peak"  +4     BW 0.637
 130Hz "Peak"  +3.8  BW 0.385

302Hz  "Peak" [COLOR=FF0000]- 2.905 BW 0.226[/COLOR]

1131Hz "Peak" +3.366 BW  0.385

2475Hz "Peak"  +2.360 BW 0.385

I presume to eq like this I have to buy some software and hardware...I only have a laptop

Oct 17, 2016 at 11:47 PM Post #9,440 of 12,597
I presume to eq like this I have to buy some software and hardware...I only have a laptop

Neutron for Android maybe $5. Foobar2000 for Windows & EQ plugin free. No additional hardware necessary, but an amp might help depending on what you want to do.

Numerous good threads like Joe Blogg's EQ Guide on the subject here on head-fi

Oct 18, 2016 at 12:06 AM Post #9,441 of 12,597
Neutron for Android costs maybe $5. Windows, Linux, Android, iOS have playback software available with EQ and/or ability to add a software EQ plugin - for instance Foobar2000 for Windows is free and has a bunch of plugins you can add. There is no additional hardware necessary, depending on what you are trying to accomplish and with what headphones (and even if you do it is generally a question of amplification, though if you want hardware EQ or DSP they do exist).

Numerous threads like Joe Blogg's EQ Guide on the subject here on head-fi

many thanks.

Oct 18, 2016 at 1:35 AM Post #9,442 of 12,597
Says it like its a bad thing.... " but my first impression is that the tonal balance is quite good, but may be a bit overemphasized in the bass—""
Read more at http://www.innerfidelity.com/content/canjam-rmaf2016-showstopper-audeze-isine10-and-isine20-planar-magnetic-ears#zHrHW9GJaETEgrks.99

Also said iSine presentation was a bit hard, so a Cayin C5 should be a great match as it has a warmth/tubiness to off-set that if it's not your thing.Found C5 went well with Fostex planars also. Wish I never sold my C5, it had a great controlled bass-boost area of the curve.

That sucks HBB about Cayin.
MOJO battery life is also sub-par for the price...even hybrids drain it fast.

Oct 18, 2016 at 8:11 AM Post #9,443 of 12,597
so mojo chord no longer doing it for people? lol I can rec cayin n5 as best quality for money

Oct 18, 2016 at 8:35 AM Post #9,444 of 12,597
For bass bosst, which one is better, C5 or E12? Or any other amps? I also concern the soundstage of it, i hate the soundstage of e17k gives even the bass is good enough.

Oct 18, 2016 at 10:19 AM Post #9,446 of 12,597
That's my biggest gripe with Sony, that unfortunate design. I think that horrendous design does play into the sound as well, however unfortunate that is.

Definitely hard to say if you are having fit issues, I agree. I will try to buy the radius, just not sure how to from Amazon JP. I'm thinking maybe Amazon global, but I've never tried or used global service.

You say the treble is smooth, not rolled of though? Just without spikes?

first email the seller and only then to make purchase.
they may not send the item, or to forget about it, I advise first of all to write to the seller.

Oct 18, 2016 at 11:40 AM Post #9,447 of 12,597
For bass bosst, which one is better, C5 or E12? Or any other amps? I also concern the soundstage of it, i hate the soundstage of e17k gives even the bass is good enough.

I think most people in the thread recommend the C5. Although I would throw in the HA-2 or Creative E5 for the hell of it.

Oct 18, 2016 at 11:43 AM Post #9,448 of 12,597
[COLOR=111111]first email the seller and only then to make purchase.[/COLOR]
[COLOR=111111]they may not send the item, or to forget about it, I advise first of all to write to the seller.[/COLOR]

Will do. Thanks for the advice bro.

I think most people in the thread recommend the C5. Although I would throw in the HA-2 or Creative E5 for the hell of it.

C5 yes. E5, I have to say no. I'm not a big fan of it for music. I just can't get it to sound the way I like. Some love it, some don't. Plus, build quality is suspect to me.

For watching movies? I find it absolutely amazing. I won't use headphones for movie watching without it.

Oct 18, 2016 at 12:29 PM Post #9,449 of 12,597
  Says it like its a bad thing.... " but my first impression is that the tonal balance is quite good, but may be a bit overemphasized in the bass—""
Read more at http://www.innerfidelity.com/content/canjam-rmaf2016-showstopper-audeze-isine10-and-isine20-planar-magnetic-ears#zHrHW9GJaETEgrks.99

Also said iSine presentation was a bit hard, so a Cayin C5 should be a great match as it has a warmth/tubiness to off-set that if it's not your thing.Found C5 went well with Fostex planars also. Wish I never sold my C5, it had a great controlled bass-boost area of the curve.

That sucks HBB about Cayin.
MOJO battery life is also sub-par for the price...even hybrids drain it fast.

on the battery life yeah i agree...no way am i getting 8 yrs...after only an hr or so it went from blue to green
(using flc 8s)

Oct 18, 2016 at 12:36 PM Post #9,450 of 12,597
  on the battery life yeah i agree...no way am i getting 8 yrs...after only an hr or so it went from blue to green
(using flc 8s)

With this combo i get about 24 hours plus...linear voltage discharge till the end due to dongle at back.
followed Zilch0mD's methods on mobile LPS stuff.

Anyway, back to BASSmonster IEMs !

Users who are viewing this thread

Back