Head-Fi Basshead IEM thread (lists page 1)
Sep 1, 2016 at 9:53 AM Post #8,971 of 12,592

Nope.
The EX800 taped and eq'd is my #1
wink.gif

I have listened to the whole radius series and the one that looks like a big wheel was the best i heard and it was pretty impressive. I might grab em after my balanced set-up is ...set-up

Nice HBB, going balanced. Can't wait to see and hear what you think about balanced
biggrin.gif

beerchug.gif

Sep 1, 2016 at 4:35 PM Post #8,973 of 12,592
It didn't feel like a shock as much as a burst of air pressure popping, it made a pop too, like a 'flick the cone of speaker' type pop. It doesn't hurt any longer, but was definitely alarming when it occurred. I don't know if it was something because of my cheap amp I keep at work, or the earphones themselves.

I think the speaker was just taking in so much power, it was mid-bass slam, that it just did something funky when I immediately dropped the provided power from it by 70%

Awhile back, I was listening to a pair of T-Peos H100's through a Geek Out 450. Suddenly heard a loud, lower pitched pop that hurt. I think it was the dynamic as now that earpiece has intermittent bass. When it isn't working, the bass rattles and lacks any depth. Don't know what happened. I probably need to open it up and see. Maybe swap in some new dynamics for fun and keep the BA's.

Sep 1, 2016 at 4:47 PM Post #8,975 of 12,592
  Am I looking at the right thing Cayin C5? On the amazon.com the price is 2-3x bigger.

The version there is just an amp, not the version with the DAC.. The price seems better in UK for just the amp though, by about $70 US.

The Amp/Dac version is $210 (or 195 euro), which could explain why the cost is much better than you expected.

Edit: I could not find the Amp & Dac version on Amazon UK for you :frowning2:

Sep 1, 2016 at 4:58 PM Post #8,977 of 12,592

The version there is just an amp, not the version with the DAC.. The price seems better in UK for just the amp though, by about $70 US.

The Amp/Dac version is $210 (or 195 euro), which could explain why the cost is much better than you expected.

The Amp+DAC verison of the C5 (usually called C5DAC but has other names too)  has lower maximum output than amp only C5. Just be aware of this. If you are an IEM user you will notice no difference. If you are a over ear SPL freak with a set of SZ2000 you might notice the difference on high gain with the volume crankin.

Sep 1, 2016 at 5:41 PM Post #8,978 of 12,592

The Amp+DAC verison of the C5 (usually called C5DAC but has other names too)  has lower maximum output than amp only C5. Just be aware of this. If you are an IEM user you will notice no difference. If you are a over ear SPL freak with a set of SZ2000 you might notice the difference on high gain with the volume crankin.

Oh snap! good info. I never thought to look at that, but does make perfect sense!

Sep 2, 2016 at 9:44 AM Post #8,980 of 12,592
  There is a new SONY flagship DAP coming out and I am curious about how it compares with my AK380Cu and how it fares in the bass department.

Well their new IEM doesn't inspire much...

Sony has been a DISASTER the past few years. The Z7 was horrible...not audiophile, not basshead, just a 70mm driver used in a new way and they do it again...magnesium dome
rolleyes.gif
Z5 was really good at ...build?

The MA900? THAT is the 2nd best execution of the 70mm ever only behind the legend XB1000.

They had a good series from 2011-2013 with IEM.
The PHA 3 has a battery life of 5 hours and it's portable and was originally $1,000
blink.gif

For 1/2 that and after adjusting to a Mojo that was near or slightly better than 5 hours for this basshead will be O.K....but for a grand?

LOL

How much is the DAP? I bet it's ExPeNsIvE!

Sep 2, 2016 at 10:40 AM Post #8,981 of 12,592
Audeze have 3 new IEMs coming out - current 2 with information/photos down to 10Hz....take up to 3 watts (!)

https://www.yahoo.com/tech/audeze-thinks-small-world-first-131614655.html

Sep 2, 2016 at 11:18 AM Post #8,983 of 12,592
Sep 2, 2016 at 1:06 PM Post #8,984 of 12,592
Planar IEM's! How about that!

Planars' are not known for a big bass response, but have great mids, Will be interesting to see how these fare in the marketplace.

The EX800 are full Studio Monitor tuned IEM (ST) and they can be forced to give up that bass. In huge gobs. If they (planar)can be EQ'd that 3 watts can make your ears hurt from blasting 35-55Hz notes beyond the safe limit and well beyond. 

Sep 2, 2016 at 2:32 PM Post #8,985 of 12,592

Thanks for the explanation! I'm glad I asked first. :)

Hes a good seller  ctcaudio.com

Do you maybe know any good EU online store? I want to avoid paying tax and customs. :/

I'm mainly going to drive IEMs (looking at ex800st). Any opinions on fiio e18 vs c5?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back