Head-Fi Basshead IEM thread (lists page 1)
Aug 26, 2016 at 4:41 PM Post #8,851 of 12,596
I know the shure SE846 has no place in this thread and i will probably end up apologizing for bringing it up. But if i can get one for 500 is it worth it just to hear it and then re sell/trade?

Aug 26, 2016 at 10:01 PM Post #8,856 of 12,596
I loved my se846...but there are better IEMS. I'd gladly take any of my Sonys over it. Is it worth $500? Not when you can get the Sonys for cheaper. It does have better build quality and much better isolation, but sound wise, Sonys are better.

Aug 26, 2016 at 10:18 PM Post #8,858 of 12,596
I loved my se846...but there are better IEMS. I'd gladly take any of my Sonys over it. Is it worth $500? Not when you can get the Sonys for cheaper. It does have better build quality and much better isolation, but sound wise, Sonys are better.

This is pretty much what i was thinking would be the  case. Now I just need to find someone selling the damn ex1000s.

Aug 26, 2016 at 10:20 PM Post #8,859 of 12,596
Better build quality? Better sound?

Nah.

Sony's do have the upper hand with the impact but the se846 does provide better audio overall and they are sturdy as screw*. I've mistreated mine quite a lot and they don't have a scratch.

I use my Sony and jvc zs2000 while gaming for the extra bass but never for audio, they are not well suited unless you only hear hip hop and similar styles even after eq / amp / dac/ you name it.

But if you have 500 I would suggest save 250 more and go for the audio64 u8, better audio and punchy bass.

Edit.
I own the EX800ST, xba-a3, se846, jvc ha sz2000, and u8.

Aug 26, 2016 at 10:57 PM Post #8,860 of 12,596

Hey bro,

i been busy and it's hot as **** here in Japan but I did come back from a tour of Fujiya Avic and e-earphone amongst others and heard everything and my pockets are full of money.

I had the Mojo with me but used the OPUS #11 w/Neutron and

Pink Floyd - On The Run   <<<<Stage ,detail,panning

Dj Mustard - Vato Ft. YG, Jeezy & Que  <<<<Sub-bass upper treble ( the audio "V")

America- Tin Man<<<<Instrument separation, 4 string bass detail, mids

I used my 2 Sony ( taped 800 and ex1000).

I got nothing to show you
redface.gif

I bought nothing and I am a compulsive spender and I rarely leave without something. There will be a Audio festival in Japan around October 10ish and maybe new gear arrives? I heard the raudius mentioned on the other page but a set that looked like old Sony with a big doughnut housing was the best set of theirs i heard. I might buy that for fun.

To the folks who are not members but read the thread:

Money is not a reflection of quality beyond the $300-500 price plateau.
My EX1000 ( fitting good...I worked for that) have sonics that are equal to the most expensive gear you see highlighted on the first page of this site from time to time. I just dropped 800 bones on some Halloween props and will drop 2,500 on Christmas. I wanted to drop 3g on some dope gear but it ain't here (Japan) so it probably does not exist.

My Sony tag team will eat most sets alive and they cost $500....combined!!

Don't believe the hype unless that is part of your joy then indeed proceed.

Aug 27, 2016 at 5:25 AM Post #8,861 of 12,596
my favourite bass iem is qkz x6 super bass and it's only 5 euro :) :p

Aug 27, 2016 at 12:01 PM Post #8,862 of 12,596
This is pretty much what i was thinking would be the  case. Now I just need to find someone selling the damn ex1000s.

There's a pair used for sale @ $450 sing dollars . Not sure seller is willing to shipped or not , it's a local sale . Been put up on sale for 5 mth + , still there , no takers

Seller brief description .

Condition 9/10 hardly used .
Without warranty but comes with receipt to proof authentic .
Comes with box and all accessories + throws in extra ear buds

Picture of the items below .

Aug 27, 2016 at 12:13 PM Post #8,863 of 12,596
There's a pair used for sale @ $450 sing dollars . Not sure seller is willing to shipped or not , it's a local sale . Been put up on sale for 5 mth + , still there , no takers

Seller brief description .

Condition 9/10 hardly used .
Without warranty but comes with receipt to proof authentic .
Comes with box and all accessories + throws in extra ear buds .

carousell?

Aug 27, 2016 at 12:20 PM Post #8,864 of 12,596
Better build quality? Better sound?

Nah.

Sony's do have the upper hand with the impact but the se846 does provide better audio overall and they are sturdy as screw*. I've mistreated mine quite a lot and they don't have a scratch.

I use my Sony and jvc zs2000 while gaming for the extra bass but never for audio, they are not well suited unless you only hear hip hop and similar styles even after eq / amp / dac/ you name it.

But if you have 500 I would suggest save 250 more and go for the audio64 u8, better audio and punchy bass.

Edit.
I own the EX800ST, xba-a3, se846, jvc ha sz2000, and u8.

I have to respectfully disagree. The 8s definitely have better build, but I prefer the Sonys. I prefer the Sonys over everything I currently own, have owned or heard. Only exceptions are 2 IEMS, which cost multiple times more. I prefer the Sonys over the U8 as well. I love those Sonys.

Hawaiibadboy I hear that brother. Hard to top the Sonys at any price.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back