Head-Fi Basshead IEM thread (lists page 1)
Apr 6, 2016 at 1:50 AM Post #5,642 of 12,596
this is crazy....

ambition as a ridah 
biggrin.gif

Apr 6, 2016 at 8:37 AM Post #5,643 of 12,596
Some South Florida Bass.

https://youtu.be/NFI3potPOY4

NFI3potPOY4

Apr 6, 2016 at 2:34 PM Post #5,644 of 12,596
I ordered the FiiO E12 instead of the E12a, I didn't know there was two versions. Am I going to experience that hiss everyone is talking about? XB90EX

Apr 6, 2016 at 3:50 PM Post #5,646 of 12,596
I was actually going to mention this. I bought a Xduoo x3 and got it about 2 weeks ago now, I think.

There's no contest with other DAPs in its price range like the FiiO X1 which maxes out at 100mW@32 ohms IIRC. I think when measured the actual max of the X3 was a bit under 200 but certainly above 180mW.

Either way, I can confirm the Xduoo has enough power for the XB90EX, but yeah you are definitely going to want to Rockbox it so you can have EQ. Heck with the FiiO it locked down the EQ if you set it to line out and that sucked. With the rockboxed Xduoo you just plug into the line out and get going. It lets me EQ line out and I love that.

Anyone looking for a standalone device should consider it because the Xduoo X3 by itself has become my work setup. I do amp because I have one and love to get as much power as I can but make no mistake, I have zero complaints about the XB90ex + Xduoo X3 combo. If that isn't good enough for you, well, you need an amp with a bass boost switch, or an Android and a Mojo, or something like that.

But yeah even with rockbox and EQ, you can still get more bass from the XB90ex with an actual amp. However it is the one and only DAP I know of that I would say is capable of providing the baseline of necessary power for the xb90.
I didn't know it had that much power. I'll check it out. It might be perfect for work.

Apr 6, 2016 at 5:11 PM Post #5,647 of 12,596
So my custom AS-2.5's were finished...but Andy said he wasn't happy with the faceplates and is having them redone :frowning2: I'm sure I'll appreciate the attention to detail but I want them NOW! I guess I have a bit more time to shop for some cable bling :)

Apr 6, 2016 at 6:34 PM Post #5,648 of 12,596
I am newer to the headphone/earphone scene and found I am in fact a basshead (and the fact I have had car audio systems since I could drive). (I hear you all cheering already! :D

I LOVE the sound from my V-Moda Crossfade M-100, like having 2 kicker cvx 12's on my head! and was trying to find something to duplicate my experience for a more mobile application. I am looking for walking to and from the bus for work and the bus ride as well.. as well as cutting the grass (though these fake Shure may take on that role.) 

I tried to get my hands on Shure SE215-LTD but ended up with some Chinese knockoffs, $125 down the tube. (The Shure logo was 100% rubbed off within a week! im convinced Shure would not allow their logo to come off so easy if these were not fake.. If anyone has experienced this with ones they know are legitimate let me know.) These had ok bass but distorted like crazy super easy

So I spent hours on this thread and praise 'HBB' for standing up for our end of the community!!

I am wondering, since my price range is about capped at $250 and I do prefer the 'over the ear' wire for my earbuds as when walking the cord flapping around causes tons of vibration making its way up to the plastic tip thats stuck in your ear, which is highly annoying. I did find Comply tips reduce this greatly to completely, but my ears get sore as all hell after some hours of use with them. So ones that have memory wire to mold to my ear-shape will have to do i suppose (unless other alternatives I am missing as well?)

So I was looking at like Westone W-10 and the three strong RHA items (MA750/T10/T20).. Are there any other suggestions I may have over looked for this type of bud within the sub $250 price range? I am also going to order some KZ Ate's just for pure "why not?".

I am not expecting to get M-100 bass from IEMs but I do want the IEM to feel like its going to rumble out of my earhole, without sacrificing the rest of the sound as a whole. I dont need massive treble or anything but clarity will be nice to have. :D

I hope I didnt lose anyone or if anyone has follow-up questions that is willing to assist me on this journey let me know!

I listen to (and some of you this may be new but im sure most of you are aware of this "old school" edm) a lot of Bass Cd's from the 90's like Techmaster P.E.B., DJ Magic Mike, Bass Outlaws, and more. I also listen to current EDM and rap/hip hop/rnb. 

Apr 6, 2016 at 7:21 PM Post #5,649 of 12,596
  I am newer to the headphone/earphone scene and found I am in fact a basshead (and the fact I have had car audio systems since I could drive). (I hear you all cheering already! :D

I LOVE the sound from my V-Moda Crossfade M-100, like having 2 kicker cvx 12's on my head! and was trying to find something to duplicate my experience for a more mobile application. I am looking for walking to and from the bus for work and the bus ride as well.. as well as cutting the grass (though these fake Shure may take on that role.) 

I tried to get my hands on Shure SE215-LTD but ended up with some Chinese knockoffs, $125 down the tube. (The Shure logo was 100% rubbed off within a week! im convinced Shure would not allow their logo to come off so easy if these were not fake.. If anyone has experienced this with ones they know are legitimate let me know.) These had ok bass but distorted like crazy super easy

So I spent hours on this thread and praise 'HBB' for standing up for our end of the community!!

I am wondering, since my price range is about capped at $250 and I do prefer the 'over the ear' wire for my earbuds as when walking the cord flapping around causes tons of vibration making its way up to the plastic tip thats stuck in your ear, which is highly annoying. I did find Comply tips reduce this greatly to completely, but my ears get sore as all hell after some hours of use with them. So ones that have memory wire to mold to my ear-shape will have to do i suppose (unless other alternatives I am missing as well?)

So I was looking at like Westone W-10 and the three strong RHA items (MA750/T10/T20).. Are there any other suggestions I may have over looked for this type of bud within the sub $250 price range? I am also going to order some KZ Ate's just for pure "why not?".

I am not expecting to get M-100 bass from IEMs but I do want the IEM to feel like its going to rumble out of my earhole, without sacrificing the rest of the sound as a whole. I dont need massive treble or anything but clarity will be nice to have. :D

I hope I didnt lose anyone or if anyone has follow-up questions that is willing to assist me on this journey let me know!

I listen to (and some of you this may be new but im sure most of you are aware of this "old school" edm) a lot of Bass Cd's from the 90's like Techmaster P.E.B., DJ Magic Mike, Bass Outlaws, and more. I also listen to current EDM and rap/hip hop/rnb. 

Welcome aboard basshead brethren.  A lot of good info and a lot of good peeps.  A lot of us come from mobile audio, so ya, you found the right place.  Check out the full size headphone Extreme Bass, you m-100 are on the list.

Lots of iems to choose from.

First thing first, do you want to strap an amp to your phone?  coming from car audio, i think i already know :wink: but have to ask.  It makes a difference in which ones to rec.

Apr 6, 2016 at 8:10 PM Post #5,650 of 12,596

The KZ ATE will be nice IF YOU HAVE AN AMP but if you don't, you'll be like "screw you vapman you said these had bass!!!" and once again just making sure it's clear that I only rec the translucent/black color ATE, I don't like how the silver ones sound.

I'm going to assume you're going to say "yes" to chillaxing's question so the answer is get yourself some XB90EX and an amp. You can spend less than $250 and get a brand new Cayin C5 and XB90EX. If you're feeling adventurous (read: feel like spending more) you can do that and get even more bass, but the 90ex and c5 combo will have you just as happy if not happier than you are with your M100.

DJ magic mike represent. I have so much of that old stuff on CD, OG pressings too.

Apr 6, 2016 at 8:32 PM Post #5,651 of 12,596
@expontherise

Feel free to expect M100 bass from IEMs. They can absolutely get there. Don't expect SZ2000 bass from them, though.

If you're going to amp, the Sony options are your best bet (7550 or XB90EX).

If you're not going to amp, the Aurisonics Kicker or Future Sonics Spectrum G10 are a great option. Both of those also provide very good isolation (the G10 slightly more than the Kicker, but both far more than the 7550 and XB90EX).

Apr 6, 2016 at 8:52 PM Post #5,652 of 12,596
The KZ ATE will be nice IF YOU HAVE AN AMP but if you don't, you'll be like "screw you vapman you said these had bass!!!" and once again just making sure it's clear that I only rec the translucent/black color ATE, I don't like how the silver ones sound.

I'm going to assume you're going to say "yes" to chillaxing's question so the answer is get yourself some XB90EX and an amp. You can spend less than $250 and get a brand new Cayin C5 and XB90EX. If you're feeling adventurous (read: feel like spending more) you can do that and get even more bass, but the 90ex and c5 combo will have you just as happy if not happier than you are with your M100.

DJ magic mike represent. I have so much of that old stuff on CD, OG pressings too.

Nice google play has a ton of it now if you were unaware. For starters i purchased the smsl amp currently (ending today) on massdrop but will be upgrading that.. just couldnt pass the $30 sale.

Apr 6, 2016 at 9:02 PM Post #5,655 of 12,596
Nice google play has a ton of it now if you were unaware. For starters i purchased the smsl amp currently (ending today) on massdrop but will be upgrading that.. just couldnt pass the $30 sale.

I've never heard that amp but this thread has lots of good info. if it's nice though, even if it doesn't have bass boost built in, should be able to give you the power you need. don't be afraid to EQ!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back