Head-Fi Basshead IEM thread (lists page 1)
Apr 7, 2016 at 1:35 PM Post #5,671 of 12,596
I just got the FX1100. It's great, but I noticed it has the same problem with harsh highs the FX850 had. Does anyone know if this gets better after burn in?

I'm tempted to replace it with the Aurisonics Kicker, because the harsh high problem honestly gives me a headache and causes me to lower the volume to levels which I can't quite enjoy the headphone quality.

You want the most bass, eq.

You want to fix troubled areas, eq.

Apr 7, 2016 at 1:44 PM Post #5,672 of 12,596
Spent a day with the elecoms and... You guys ready... Top 5 most impact, top of the list for no amp. These things ****** pound.

The sound sig reminds me of the sz2k. Veiled, enclosed, imaging not to great, no mids, or highs. Which means you can listen to these loud without piercing highs and mids. They do one thing and they do it well. To impose bass into your cranium.

I'm ab'ing with the 7550 on my mojo and I cant tell the difference between them for bass. Yes that good

Elecom for the motha ducking win

Apr 7, 2016 at 1:54 PM Post #5,673 of 12,596
Spent a day with the elecoms and... You guys ready... Top 5 most impact, top of the list for no amp. These things ****** pound.

The sound sig reminds me of the sz2k. Veiled, enclosed, imaging not to great, no mids, or highs. Which means you can listen to these loud without piercing highs and mids. They do one thing and they do it well. To impose bass into your cranium.

I'm ab'ing with the 7550 on my mojo and I cant tell the difference between them for bass. Yes that good

Damn dude. That is some serious bass! I will be definitely buying myself some of these Elecom :O

Apr 7, 2016 at 2:11 PM Post #5,674 of 12,596
Ya mang, only thing is fit. They needed a deeper insert. I would keep these if not for that. I'll send these to you if you want. If you do t want them just send it to another member. I'll pay it forward for another bass brother that gave me great deal.

If @vapman dont want them and someone else does hit me up.

@luckbad if you want to review these let me know. I'll send it your way first.

Apr 7, 2016 at 3:39 PM Post #5,676 of 12,596

Link to Elecoms?

Apr 7, 2016 at 4:15 PM Post #5,677 of 12,596
So are there any other Hybrid (DD + BAs) IEM out there that is Custom and sound as good as ASG-2.5? The only brand that I know of is Lear.

idk anything about them but  AAW, Just Ear, Unique Melody all make hybrid cIEM

Apr 7, 2016 at 4:21 PM Post #5,679 of 12,596
Ya mang, only thing is fit. They needed a deeper insert. I would keep these if not for that. I'll send these to you if you want. If you do t want them just send it to another member. I'll pay it forward for another bass brother that gave me great deal.

If @vapman dont want them and someone else does hit me up.

@luckbad if you want to review these let me know. I'll send it your way first.

Agreed 100%. Fit sucks. But damn do they pound. Fixed the veil with some eq. How do compare to Sony Xb90ex? I think they hit harder, ever so slightly.

Apr 7, 2016 at 4:26 PM Post #5,680 of 12,596
  Yea I know AAW is in Singapore, so it's a hassle to get any Custom IEM from them.
I thought UM only has BA only?

Merlin and Maverick afaik are hybrids... maybe they aren't custom? idk.  
Most of these places you have to mail in your impressions and it takes months anyways, Singapore or not... though guess there is a risk you'll have to pay import duty.

Apr 7, 2016 at 4:29 PM Post #5,682 of 12,596

Merlin and Maverick afaik are hybrids... maybe they aren't custom? idk.  
Most of these places you have to mail in your impressions and it takes months anyways, Singapore or not... though guess there is a risk you'll have to pay import duty.

Im surprised that these Custom IEM brands are either in China or Singapore.  
Yea, what is Just Ear? Never heard of them.  Do they have a website? I tried to search for them on Google but found nothing.

Apr 7, 2016 at 4:37 PM Post #5,683 of 12,596
Agreed 100%. Fit sucks. But damn do they pound. Fixed the veil with some eq. How do compare to Sony Xb90ex? I think they hit harder, ever so slightly.

Threw it on my v10 with high gain and thought I was trippi,g when I first heard them. I was thinking no way these are that heavy hitters. For home out it on the mojo and immediately said, yup, the real deal. I'm thinking the only thing is the 2.5s that are better right now. I'm terms of sheer impact

Apr 7, 2016 at 4:39 PM Post #5,684 of 12,596
Cancel

Im surprised that these Custom IEM brands are either in China or Singapore.  
Yea, what is Just Ear? Never heard of them.  Do they have a website? I tried to search for them on Google but found nothing.

Sony's brand of cIEM- have to be in Japan afaik. There's a thread here (its also the entire first page of google results). They have a "Club Sound" model I reckon is bass oriented. Also a custom tuning option. http://www.digitalaudioreview.net/2015/11/fujiya-avic-2015-sonys-just-ear-ciems-just-for-japan/

Users who are viewing this thread

Back