Head-Fi Basshead IEM thread (lists page 1)
Apr 7, 2016 at 9:47 PM Post #5,701 of 12,597
  I am looking at a new IEM and coming from UE900 where the bass levels are ok, I would prefer a much deeper bass (but not overblown), something with the bass extension like the Alpha Dogs.

Are there IEMs that have great bass extension without a bloated mid bass?

Cheers.

I had the UE 900 and the Shure 535, and the Aurisonics blows them away by far.  I have the 2.5, but I think you can get the 2.0 or B model for much less and Fender is releasing them soon.  Also the Sony EX1000 japan model from 2010 is great.

Apr 7, 2016 at 10:06 PM Post #5,702 of 12,597

I just snapped a quick pic.  You can see I don't have much bass added, about 15-20% usually.  And not much on the EQ, with my ASG 2.5's turned almost all the way down.  With the mojo, I would have to crank the eq and the 2.5's way up to match the bass on the E5 turned down.  And you can control the eq settings through Bluetooth on your phone.

Apr 7, 2016 at 10:33 PM Post #5,704 of 12,597
So I just found out a brand named AAW, and they have a model with 1 9mm DD + 4 BAs.  Also found out LEAR also has one with 2 6mm DD + 4 BAs.

These has to be better than the ASG-2.5
they are NOT better. The LWAR is very nice but bass similar to Shure but slulightly hits harder. AAW has bass but not 2.5 bass but its mids are horrible. Treble is dull.

Apr 7, 2016 at 10:34 PM Post #5,705 of 12,597

I just snapped a quick pic.  You can see I don't have much bass added, about 15-20% usually.  And not much on the EQ, with my ASG 2.5's turned almost all the way down.  With the mojo, I would have to crank the eq and the 2.5's way up to match the bass on the E5 turned down.  And you can control the eq settings through Bluetooth on your phone.

Thanks for the pic.

I got ADHD and pics are big for my attention
biggrin.gif

I am going to put the elecom in the top 5 next month. I think there has to be a person with mojo/neutron so we can compare setting
(chilly likely). I am also going to focus on the branch the ex1000 lives on. The stage and mids and bass with eq is making my whole music library available to me in a way I have not experienced. It will pound better than most and speeds by in all other categories.
I got the ex800 and ex1000 and 2.5 and they all have different weaknesses and strong points. I only listen to the 1000 and imagine that continues unless doing a compare.

I am also not going to use V4A or any DSP effects as it aides the performance and I just want a good ole' fashioned eq and amp gain.

Apr 7, 2016 at 10:55 PM Post #5,707 of 12,597
Definitely interested more in the E5. What are you using as a source? I want to use it with my cell, lg v10.

​I have tried my Samsung galaxy note 4, Hifiman 650, Onkyo DP X1, and good old ipod classic.  The E5 makes them all sound better, and more bass on all of them.  I listen to Samsung milk music most of the time off the note 4. I have a X1 and a mojo, and right now honestly I prefer to listen to the note/milk music/E5 combo over anything else.  That might change when I get more familiar with all the settings on everything else.

Apr 7, 2016 at 11:11 PM Post #5,712 of 12,597
  Ok bassheads, I am confused.  I just received my mojo and hooked it up to my Note 4, basically the same set up as Hawaii, with my  ASG2.5's.  And to my surprise, less bass than with my creative E5 setup.  Has anyone tried the E5?  It is a bass lovers dream, mainly because of the eq settings for bass I imagine.  I didn't listen to it flat.  Don't get me wrong, the mojo has made everything sound better.  But I just switched back to the E5 and I am enjoying it more.  I just received the new Onkyo DP X1 also.  I tried the balanced set up, sounded great, non balanced, and with the mojo, same thing a lack of bass with or with out the mojo.  I'll keep trying everything, but I am loving the E5 as a basshead.  It has made everything sound better and with much more bass, a little hiss though with the low impedence IEM's.

Yea I had the Creative E5 before, it's prob the best for BassHead and gaming.  It's just that not that many people know about them and would use a Gaming DAC / Amp for their Audio stuff, so they always think Creative is not on par.

Apr 7, 2016 at 11:15 PM Post #5,714 of 12,597
they are NOT better. The LWAR is very nice but bass similar to Shure but slulightly hits harder. AAW has bass but not 2.5 bass but its mids are horrible. Treble is dull.

ARe you talking about the AAW W500 AHMORph CIEM? Cause I did some research and it ranked #2 in the High-End CIEM list, compare to others like 1964 A12, SE5 ($1800), 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back