Head-Fi Basshead IEM thread (lists page 1)
Apr 5, 2016 at 12:45 PM Post #5,611 of 12,595
  Hi I have recived my Alpha Delta D001 , the mid bass is enought but not the deep bass or subbass. I am not expert to write. In fact my ZH-DX210 Carbo Basso  + comply have more deep bass or subbass at the momento. So someone can recomeded a good in ear for listen a subbass  please. The price more or less 100$ . thanks in advance

sony xb90, but you will need a amp.  I suggest a e12 from the classies.  So much bass for about 150 otd

Apr 5, 2016 at 12:53 PM Post #5,613 of 12,595
  OK Hawaiibadboy, you have talked me into the 1000's.  I had good luck with the ASG 2.5's based on your recommendation. Plus I'd feel better about carrying around a $400 iem vs the $1000 2.5's with the cable.  Are the ones on amazon the same as the ones on yahoo japan?  I have some other things to order from amazon anyway.  Also what is the cable you mentioned in the review?  Thanks for the review by the way.  I have a note 4 also; and the mojo on the way.  I thought I was crazy that the note 4 amped sounded better than anything else I tried.  Which music player, or eq, is that in the video? 

Is there any way to definitively tell the difference between all these 1000's, or are they all basically the same?

Thanks for all the help from everybody!  This is all new to me.

I'll take this HB...

If your serious about ex1000, they are a great compliment to the 2.5s.  

Ok, about getting it from amazon.  The best way is read the description and find the one that says "comes with 2 cables"  then from there send messages to sellers asking them if the box has "J" suffix and "2010 sony company" on the bar code.   I got lucky and got mine for a US seller.  Most seller are from japan, so communication is kind of hard.  Best would be to ask the seller to send a pic of the back of the box.

Edit:  Since these aren't as hard to find as we first thought.  I suggest to wait up a bit and give me a couple of days to listen and compare with HBB.  As of right now it seems I got the same one as him.

Apr 5, 2016 at 1:07 PM Post #5,614 of 12,595

I'll take this HB...

If your serious about ex1000, they are a great compliment to the 2.5s.  

Ok, about getting it from amazon.  The best way is read the description and find the one that says "comes with 2 cables"  then from there send messages to sellers asking them if the box has "J" suffix and "2010 sony company" on the bar code.   I got lucky and got mine for a US seller.  Most seller are from japan, so communication is kind of hard.  Best would be to ask the seller to send a pic of the back of the box.

Mind posing a pic of the J suffix? :)

Apr 5, 2016 at 1:09 PM Post #5,615 of 12,595
Apr 5, 2016 at 2:38 PM Post #5,619 of 12,595
A little birdie told me if you act quickly you might be able to get your hands on a brand new ASG-B... for those who are interested.

(no, not mine. Mine are far from brand new
biggrin.gif
)

Apr 5, 2016 at 2:58 PM Post #5,620 of 12,595

sony xb90, but you will need a amp.  I suggest a e12 from the classies.  So much bass for about 150 otd

Is it common to use an amp for the XB90? I am currently using just a Xduoo x3, am I missing out?

Apr 5, 2016 at 3:45 PM Post #5,623 of 12,595
You really are missing out. It's kinda like car audio. You're not going to get huge bass without an amp. You can get close with iems on the no amp list, but not close enough.

xDuoo x3 actually has pretty good output- 250mW @ 32 ohms, I think that's probably enough for good bass EQ with the xb90 (which has max input of 200mW, understand other factors matter but as a rough idea)? afaik x3 doesn't have EQ I saw the other day that someone has been working on a rockbox port.

Apr 5, 2016 at 3:54 PM Post #5,624 of 12,595

xDuoo x3 actually has pretty good output- 250mW @ 32 ohms, I think that's probably enough for good bass EQ with the xb90? afaik x3 doesn't have EQ but I saw the other day that someone has been working on a rockbox port.

I was actually going to mention this. I bought a Xduoo x3 and got it about 2 weeks ago now, I think.

There's no contest with other DAPs in its price range like the FiiO X1 which maxes out at 100mW@32 ohms IIRC. I think when measured the actual max of the X3 was a bit under 200 but certainly above 180mW.

Either way, I can confirm the Xduoo has enough power for the XB90EX, but yeah you are definitely going to want to Rockbox it so you can have EQ. Heck with the FiiO it locked down the EQ if you set it to line out and that sucked. With the rockboxed Xduoo you just plug into the line out and get going. It lets me EQ line out and I love that.

Anyone looking for a standalone device should consider it because the Xduoo X3 by itself has become my work setup. I do amp because I have one and love to get as much power as I can but make no mistake, I have zero complaints about the XB90ex + Xduoo X3 combo. If that isn't good enough for you, well, you need an amp with a bass boost switch, or an Android and a Mojo, or something like that.

But yeah even with rockbox and EQ, you can still get more bass from the XB90ex with an actual amp. However it is the one and only DAP I know of that I would say is capable of providing the baseline of necessary power for the xb90.

Apr 5, 2016 at 4:09 PM Post #5,625 of 12,595

I was actually going to mention this. I bought a Xduoo x3 and got it about 2 weeks ago now, I think.

There's no contest with other DAPs in its price range like the FiiO X1 which maxes out at 100mW@32 ohms IIRC. I think when measured the actual max of the X3 was a bit under 200 but certainly above 180mW.

Either way, I can confirm the Xduoo has enough power for the XB90EX, but yeah you are definitely going to want to Rockbox it so you can have EQ. Heck with the FiiO it locked down the EQ if you set it to line out and that sucked. With the rockboxed Xduoo you just plug into the line out and get going. It lets me EQ line out and I love that.

Anyone looking for a standalone device should consider it because the Xduoo X3 by itself has become my work setup. I do amp because I have one and love to get as much power as I can but make no mistake, I have zero complaints about the XB90ex + Xduoo X3 combo. If that isn't good enough for you, well, you need an amp with a bass boost switch, or an Android and a Mojo, or something like that.

But yeah even with rockbox and EQ, you can still get more bass from the XB90ex with an actual amp. However it is the one and only DAP I know of that I would say is capable of providing the baseline of necessary power for the xb90.

I was thinking the same. I never thought my XB90's were underpowered until someone mentioning you NEED an amp. I have a FiiO Q1 is that enough power? If not what kind of specs am I looking for in a portable amp? FiiO 17 & 18 are always options

Users who are viewing this thread

Back