Head-Fi Basshead IEM thread (lists page 1)
Jan 7, 2016 at 8:02 PM Post #3,436 of 12,596
I've had my 2.5s for a little bit now and they function perfectly but there were a couple things that bugged me. The right side female connector wasn't centered so I had to shave down the plastic on the cable to fit securely. Also on the right side right where the outside plate and the body join together there are a few nicks in the finish down to copper underneath. I also found the flanges on the nozzles to be too big and causing some discomfort.

I emailed support and mailed them in the week of New Year's and got an email today that they are building a new replacement pair. They're also trying to see if they can do anything about the nozzles. I suggested trimming down the flanges but leaving enough of a lip to hold onto the tips. I'll see what happens but I'm expecting them to ship back next week.

I just figured I would add another recent positive experience :)

Jan 8, 2016 at 3:13 AM Post #3,437 of 12,596
We have suggested to many people that will use a strong player and perhaps an amp dac with their phone, there's a good list, but one that hits the spot and the bass can be compared to 1000 shure earbuds is the xb90, now it also has to do with your budget, if you would like a home theater system sound in an earbud, then xb90

Jan 8, 2016 at 7:39 AM Post #3,439 of 12,596
Hi,

I'm new and made an account because I liked that whole basshead stuff in here.I would bring in some IEM's that I bought short time ago.

http://pioneer-headphones.com/english/basshead/se-cl751.html

I like them really much,at high volume it vibrates like a little sub.But I can't speak much about the quality difference in terms of bass but they are heavier than my Klipsch S4,RHA MA 350(which sounds real good for the cheap price) and the JVC HA-FX1X-E that I own also.

Jan 8, 2016 at 10:45 AM Post #3,440 of 12,596
  Hi,

I'm new and made an account because I liked that whole basshead stuff in here.I would bring in some IEM's that I bought short time ago.

http://pioneer-headphones.com/english/basshead/se-cl751.html

I like them really much,at high volume it vibrates like a little sub.But I can't speak much about the quality difference in terms of bass but they are heavier than my Klipsch S4,RHA MA 350(which sounds real good for the cheap price) and the JVC HA-FX1X-E that I own also.

Welcome.

You are the second one to mention them so they are on the non amp list unless somebody says they either need an amp or do not belong on the list. Pretty sure their name indicates they are supposed to be here
biggrin.gif

Jan 9, 2016 at 2:12 AM Post #3,442 of 12,596

Welcome.

You are the second one to mention them so they are on the non amp list unless somebody says they either need an amp or do not belong on the list. Pretty sure their name indicates they are supposed to be here
biggrin.gif

Put them next to the SE-CX8/9. They were the precursor to those and are almost identical except for the housing and fit.

Jan 9, 2016 at 6:06 AM Post #3,443 of 12,596
  here is a question:
which iems have the best punch bass but also alot of detail, balance and musicality?
e.g., think etymotic er4pt (good detail, clarity) but with a warmer signature and larger soundstage?

I never cease to be amazed by the soundstage and detail of the JVC FX850.  It`s a non-isolating IEM, wide open, which I assume contributes to this.  The bass is famous, but I found it holds its own against much much more expensive IEMs for its other frequency ranges and a crazy huge soundstage. 

Jan 9, 2016 at 9:51 AM Post #3,444 of 12,596
Was watching movies on my tablet, Note 8, rooted running viper of course, with the C5 attached and of course the Sony Xb90ex. Sounds great for movies too. I really enjoy watching movies using headphones, the details are so crisp and clear.

Jan 9, 2016 at 10:12 AM Post #3,445 of 12,596
Was at work yesterday and forgot to bring my earbuds. Ended up picking these up for $5 and I'm pretty blown away. The bass quantity is huge. Really deep and hard hitting. Sound quality is pretty good too, especially when you make some adjustments with Viper. This is really surprising as it is Walgreen's brand Infinitive. Preferring them over my Xiaomi Piston 3 right now

Edit
Hawaiibadboy Been awhile. Happy new year to you too

Jan 9, 2016 at 10:16 AM Post #3,446 of 12,596
Was at work yesterday and forgot to bring my earbuds. Ended up picking these up for $5 and I'm pretty blown away. The bass quantity is huge. Really deep and hard hitting. Sound quality is pretty good too, especially when you make some adjustments with Viper. This is really surprising as it is Walgreen's brand Infinitive. Preferring them over my Xiaomi Piston 3 right now

They even look like little cannons.
Long time no see!
Happy New year
beerchug.gif

Jan 9, 2016 at 10:19 AM Post #3,447 of 12,596
Funny, someone mentioned Walgreen earbuds in the Noble thread, stating they liked them very much. Doesn't surprise me at all, especially after what I hear from the Sony Xb90ex... Price no longer means a thing to me.

I've owned several TOTL IEMS and the Sonys rank among the best I've heard... That's coming from a decent size list, Heir 8.0, tralucent-audio-ref 1 and 1p2, Shure Se846, asg g2, and a few mid tier IEMS as well.

Jan 9, 2016 at 10:44 AM Post #3,448 of 12,596

Welcome.

biggrin.gif

I mentioned the Pioneer SE-CL751s earlier.  They definitely belong here.  Still trying them out but they have tons of bass.  Very easy to over do it using bass boost on Viper.  SQ is quite enjoyable.  Mids and highs are decent but, as the name suggests, bass is the star of the  show.  Fit is good for me using stock or JVC spiral dots.  I would note though that they stick out of your ears like Frankenstein bolts.  Been typically listening to them straight out of my phone (with Viper). I did hook them up to my Cayin C5 the other night but didn't notice that much of an improvement (if any).  I think they are definitely worth the $53 I paid for them. 

Jan 9, 2016 at 2:43 PM Post #3,449 of 12,596
Hi,
I've read a ton of this basshead thread but wondering if you guys could just quickly direct me what to be searching/reading next.  

I ordered the AD01 on recommendation and thought they were great, but could hear the deficiencies on the DAC on my Nexus 5. Figured I could do a bit better on bass as well, so sent them back and ordered the XB90EX.    

While I wait for those I need to figure out how to DAC/AMP and or DAP.    After reading through the threads, it's hard to tell which way to go.   I'm a basshead listening to lots of Trentemoller and Kollectiv Turmstrasse type stuff, but also want the mid/high clarity.    On the LOW end of the price spectrum what is the current thinking for pairing with XB90EX ?  

I'm trying to figure out the 2016 recommendations for pairing because a lot of this thread is dated to some extent.   Seems to be Fiio E18 or X7 or Headstage Arrow (not sure which one).    Should I be considering X5 or also any of the cheaper/older Fiio DAC's to pair with my phone?     Sorry I know pro audio pretty well, but a newbie with this sort of audiophile stuff.   

Ideally I would like it to be small, as it will be for my commute.   What would you guys recommend?   Ideally I'd like to buy something used to save a few bucks to pair with the FX90EX.

Sorry to take it off topic a little, but figured this is the best place....Thanks again.   
Mike

Jan 9, 2016 at 2:52 PM Post #3,450 of 12,596
If you're looking for portable and relatively inexpensive, the Cayin C5 is a good recommendation. You won't find better performance in a portable until you pay more than twice that for something else.

It is an Amp only. If you want a portable DAC/Amp combo with bass boost look at the Fiio E17k for under $200.

Those are probably my standing recommendations for portable basshead kit under $200.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back