Head-Fi Basshead IEM thread (lists page 1)
Jan 4, 2016 at 10:26 AM Post #3,362 of 12,596
How good?
Its good in the bass department and fiy. Neutral mids and clear treble. I would suggest the Aurisonics Forte. The Forte has a deeper bass more detailed mids and a bit higher treble. Plus sound stage is wider.

Jan 4, 2016 at 11:44 AM Post #3,363 of 12,596
Thinking about getting the Future Sonics G10? What do you think folks?

Personal favorite, though XB90 hits lower... I thought its bass was pretty close to the 2.5 (closed/partially opened vent), though I was unable to AB them, much prefer G10's unEQ'd overall signature. The Headfonia review gets it pretty well, I think.

Looks like I need to try the Bravos now too
angry_face.gif

Jan 4, 2016 at 11:50 AM Post #3,364 of 12,596
Personal favorite, though XB90 hits lower... I thought its bass was pretty close to the 2.5 (closed/partially opened vent), though I was unable to AB them, much prefer G10's unEQ'd overall signature. The Headfonia review gets it pretty well, I think.

Looks like I need to try the Bravos now too :angry_face:
I agree, I bought two 90EXs, three 2.5s, a Harmony and a Forte.

Jan 4, 2016 at 12:07 PM Post #3,365 of 12,596
I can't wait to hear the Sony Xb90ex... I can't believe I've waited this long to order them. Tomorrow I will have them in hand.

In case anyone is interested, Fiio X7 is rootable, and V4A is working with it, with the ESS DAC. I definitely need to order an X7 now. Just waiting on some funds, new business venture has me crippled financially right now unfortunately.

My girl saw my amazon order, "you ordered another pair of headphones?"... Um... No, IEMS babe!! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Side note, anyone try this:

http://www.m-audio.com/products/view/bass-traveler#.VoqoIXNOnqA

It's cheap, only $29 on Amazon. Usually you get what you pay for, but with Amazons liberal return policy might be worth a shot.

Jan 4, 2016 at 3:51 PM Post #3,366 of 12,596
my experience with them cheap bass amps is they increase bass but reduce detail too much to be worth it. but if bass is all you want and dont care much about detail its probably worth it. buy it and let us know

Jan 5, 2016 at 1:37 AM Post #3,370 of 12,596
Getting the G10 then. Let's see how it goes.

Saw a few floating around the For Sale thread not long ago.

Looking forward to more impressions (there's a fanthread over yonder if you care to share there too), not too many people on HF seem to have picked them up- understandable, though- for as much as I enjoy (and they have been my main day to day inears almost since release) I find it difficult to outright recommend them to people- not sure why (possibly because @ price there are so many options now, including multi drivers, hybrids,etc... or fear the flat-ish sound and small stage aren't "hifi" enough).

Jan 5, 2016 at 2:07 AM Post #3,371 of 12,596

Saw a few floating around the For Sale thread not long ago.

Looking forward to more impressions (there's a fanthread over yonder if you care to share there too), not too many people on HF seem to have picked them up- understandable, though- for as much as I enjoy (and they have been my main day to day inears almost since release) I find it difficult to outright recommend them to people- not sure why (possibly because @ price there are so many options now, including multi drivers, hybrids,etc... or fear the flat-ish sound and small stage aren't "hifi" enough).

I just un-subbed from a Hifi thread.  It's greatly overrated and anyone who buys certain items is apparently in...unless you are a loud mouthed basshead and then you are apparently out.  I will be returning to my roots so to speak
biggrin.gif

Jan 5, 2016 at 11:42 AM Post #3,375 of 12,596
I have three 2.5s and been wanting to get more sub bass and clearer mids and treble from them. So for the past two months I have been demoing all the big name cable makers and some new comers.I visited eight different audio shops and soent a lot of hrs putting on cables and removing them. At times just got worn out demoing.Then I found a shop that had all the big name cables and I explained to him what sort of sound I wanted and he didnt point towards the pretty cables but to a cheap looking package that held a cable inside so I left. Days later after visiting two other shops I went back and I demoed that cheap looking cable, boy PERFECTION! not only did it push the 2.5s bass deeper but it opened its mids and extended its Treble. It made the 2.5s bass a bit quicker aswell. Bought it and loving the 2.5s.Here are pics of the cable and the cheap package. The cable is made in South Korea.

Does that cable selling on amazon?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back