Head-Fi Basshead IEM thread (lists page 1)
Jul 18, 2015 at 10:58 AM Post #1,247 of 12,594
XB90EX bass hits hard and hits deep and I prefer it over my ASG 2.0.

Input power..

Me of all folks should know based on my vid channel about  expression of energy output via increased energy input.

The pairing of the ASG 2.5 with the AK10 is perfect and they thunder.The sound quality of that set with a Note 4 using V4A is well beyond what my X5 ever did with my IEM. 
The xb90ex sounded like **** off that setup but I blew it off for 2 weeks... went back to feeding the xb90ex with a Cayin C5 with high gain on and bass boost on which is too much for a lot of over ears but the xb90ex eat it up.

I may blow them or burn the coil but so far so good.

@gikigill

grab those xb cuz you got a C5 and a note4 with V4A
I wanna share settings and if there is a harder hitting set than the xb90ex I wanna know and I wanna buy em'

So far as I can tell, on sheer impact, these are boss.
Help me help you help me
tongue.gif
beerchug.gif

Jul 18, 2015 at 7:12 PM Post #1,249 of 12,594
I read the same thing, and read the same about the t10,but even with the bass filter it doesn't come close to my bass head IEMS. Still a truly great IEM, I love them. I'll probably grab the t20 in the near future because I enjoy their designs and I'm curious about a slightly different sound sig.

Jul 18, 2015 at 7:36 PM Post #1,250 of 12,594
Does anyone in here has the Earsonics Velvet and Aurisonics ASG-2.5? I just want to know how is the soundstage of the Velvet compare to the ASG-2.5.
I heard a lot of ppl said the Velvet has a big soundstage, even bigger than full size headphone? Im not sure if that's true or not.

Jul 18, 2015 at 11:06 PM Post #1,251 of 12,594
  Does anyone in here has the Earsonics Velvet and Aurisonics ASG-2.5? I just want to know how is the soundstage of the Velvet compare to the ASG-2.5.
I heard a lot of ppl said the Velvet has a big soundstage, even bigger than full size headphone? Im not sure if that's true or not.

#1 Never ever listen to that group of a lot of ppl..ever ever again        ( I'm not joking)

#2 IEM can have wide presentations/Soundstages but if someone said bigger than fullsized they must not have included open backs. That's a crazy statement considering acoustics. One of the best experiences of over ear open backs is spacial presentation.  People get crazy with talk and the free spending of other folks money based on wild claims they sometimes clarify but often do not.

Jul 18, 2015 at 11:21 PM Post #1,252 of 12,594
#1 Never ever listen to that group of a lot of ppl..ever ever again        ( I'm not joking)

#2 IEM can have wide presentations/Soundstages but if someone said bigger than fullsized they must not have included open backs. That's a crazy statement considering acoustics. One of the best experiences of over ear open backs is spacial presentation.  People get crazy with talk and the free spending of other folks money based on wild claims they sometimes clarify but often do not.

I've heard plenty of IEMs with a wider soundstage than full size headphones. Of course, you'd have to ignore any full size cans that actually have an impressive soundstage in the comparison.

To be fair, there is overlap. Some IEMs have a great soundstage. But, full size headphones can take it further. It's the same thing as bass: some earphones have incredible bass, but they can't shake your flesh like full size headphones.

IEMs have advantages too! They can isolate better, which can lead to a more intimate presentation and richer detail at lower volumes. They're lower profile and easier on the go. And, I think they've been improving at a greater pace than full size. IEMs, to me, offer a unique spectrum of musical experiences in a way that is distinctly different from full size, which is why I'll always have both.

Jul 18, 2015 at 11:40 PM Post #1,253 of 12,594

To my ears the 2.5 has the better soundstage, no contest here. Deeper, airier, wider with more coherency.
The Velvet has a very weird presentation of the soundstage because of his W shape frequency response. It has deep but the position of the instrument are not true to the recording. Some instrument ment to be in the background for example can pop out just in front of you in the Velvet in an unrealistic way.

Jul 19, 2015 at 2:35 AM Post #1,254 of 12,594
For me the 2.5 did not have a huge feeling of space, but it had excellent seperation and imaging "within my head" so to speak, and also had a bit of a vertical dimension I don't think I've experienced with other inears, not to such a degree at least. It's a very different kind of sound/experience than full size headphones imo, I really can't think to compare something like that except in terms of general signature.

Jul 19, 2015 at 9:03 AM Post #1,255 of 12,594
I've heard plenty of IEMs with a wider soundstage than full size headphones. Of course, you'd have to ignore any full size cans that actually have an impressive soundstage in the comparison.

To be fair, there is overlap. Some IEMs have a great soundstage. But, full size headphones can take it further. It's the same thing as bass: some earphones have incredible bass, but they can't shake your flesh like full size headphones.

IEMs have advantages too! They can isolate better, which can lead to a more intimate presentation and richer detail at lower volumes. They're lower profile and easier on the go. And, I think they've been improving at a greater pace than full size. IEMs, to me, offer a unique spectrum of musical experiences in a way that is distinctly different from full size, which is why I'll always have both.

The only open backs I own are 70mm ma900 which are

so open backed I can park a car....a matchbox car....right there
biggrin.gif

These were given to me so i still never bought a set of open back but the out of head experience these give is like a live show with your back to the stage as the bassist and other band members seem to be over the left or right shoulder and around you. The bass is weak and input power max is low but the stage is huge.

My 2.5 are masterpieces of in ear. I use IEM more now because of portability and isolation and the 2.5 give me tons of  bass and clarity and space to make that switch easy. When winter comes the big bass bombers will keep my ears warm and my head vibrating but the 2.5 are fantastic at all genre' anytime.

I got burned when I first got on Head fi because folks rec'd stuff really easy with amazing statements and they were wrong and they cost me money so i puke in my mouth when I feel like it's happening near me.

The Velvet are like the Ultrasone Pro 900 of IEM.  By that I mean a few folks swear by them again and again yet they are cheaply built and sound unspectacular.

EDIT:
I went swimming all day 2 days in a row and just realized it was over ear which my zombie brain read as open back....no idea why I made that connection all by myself.
blink.gif

Jul 19, 2015 at 12:13 PM Post #1,257 of 12,594
I think iems is not where you need to start, i think you need to start with a player with a bass boost or an amplifier with bass boost. my sony cd player with dual bass bost made my apple earbuds sound better just with sony bass boost. but i think amplifier with bass boost is more useful cause you can bass boost anything with that. then you get iems. as hawaii guy said on his youtube channel. cheers

Jul 19, 2015 at 11:09 PM Post #1,259 of 12,594
Cayin C5 FTW!!! Amazing little amp. To my ears, is just as much fun, and good sounding as my woo wa6, with a bit more bass.

Ultimate bass head stack Fiio X3 (og) bass +10, Cayin C5, asg g2... Rattle those brains...

Congrats.
beerchug.gif

It is my favorite piece of equipment. I will change sources,headphones,IEM but they will all get powered by the Cayin C5. It is really sweet.
It brings the bass and everything else.

Jul 20, 2015 at 2:01 AM Post #1,260 of 12,594
I agree... It really is on another level... Had a rsa intruder, pga2, and a couple of others too, but from memory, this is the best for my tastes... And you can't beat the price. Definitely the best and hardest hitting bass...

So, again, thank you HBB, you were the main reason I purchased that amp.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back