Head-Fi Basshead IEM thread (lists page 1)
Nov 21, 2020 at 3:02 PM Post #12,107 of 12,596
Haven't checked in a long time, but is there anything more fun in the TOTL category than the legend X right now?
Nothing has unseated the EE LX yet, that I know of, however maybe the 64 Audio Nio/N8 is a consideration. Plus, the bass is adjustable via the Apex modules.

Nov 22, 2020 at 12:36 AM Post #12,109 of 12,596
Got my hands on Sony ex800st and xb90ex. 16mm dynamic is fun. 800's are very resolving and detailed, while also delivering good low end ( taped ). 90ex's are pretty fun too. Waiting for a balanced cable to try on the ST's. Ive had Future sonics G10 and Fender FA6 some time ago. While they had some good low end, they were very dark iems.

Nov 22, 2020 at 6:39 PM Post #12,113 of 12,596
For the UF's, would this cable (Tripowin C8) work with the weird MMCX connectors I've read about? Little stressed about QC.
Honestly, I‘ve not been willing to take a chance, so I‘m using the stock cable that came attached. It has been working fine for me. I do like the C8 as a solid affordable cable, but I haven‘t yet heard any definite sound changes using it, compared to stock cables.

Nov 26, 2020 at 8:24 PM Post #12,116 of 12,596
Nov 27, 2020 at 8:43 AM Post #12,119 of 12,596
Thank you so much
It’s sold by linsoul on amazon
Why not buy from linsoul.com ?
It depends on Amazon availability where you live. In the US, it’s easiest to order on Amazon, and they provide for the easiest returns if necessary. QC has plagued the YBF. That being said, I purchased mine straight from Linsoul b/c it wasn’t available on Amazon at the time, and I have had no problems so far :fingers_crossed:.

Which color is the beryllium drivers one
AFAIK, all of the units that come in the white box should be beryllium. I don’t think they produce the noble metal drivers anymore. I don’t know what the differences are in driver appearance. Master @Slater does, but also noted that is not easy to remove the mesh of the YBF.

Nov 27, 2020 at 9:56 AM Post #12,120 of 12,596
Haven't checked in a long time, but is there anything more fun in the TOTL category than the legend X right now?
The Z1R bass surpasses the Legend X's in some ways. Whereas it doesn't have the outright quantity of the Legend X or the guttural, down low thump, it's superior in texture and decay IMO.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back