Head-Fi Basshead IEM thread (lists page 1)
May 31, 2017 at 6:56 PM Post #10,996 of 12,592
BASS.jpg

Love from a Greek in Barcelona :) Enjoy summer fellow bassheads... Don't forget original big subwoofers , its summer lots of parties :)

Last edited:
May 31, 2017 at 7:47 PM Post #10,997 of 12,592
Love from a Greek in Barcelona :) Enjoy summer fellow bassheads... Don't forget original big subwoofers , its summer lots of parties :)

haha this is great. So you favor the n3 over the xb90 even in regards to sub-bass?? I loved my xb90's and I've been looking for something close to it. Have you had a chance to listen to the mdr7550/xe800st and compare it to n3's?

Your post have interested me quite a bit as someone who is looking for another sony headphone and a dnb listener.

May 31, 2017 at 7:58 PM Post #10,998 of 12,592
I really liked the low end of xb90ex, I'm not gonna lie :) The subbass of the n3 is a bit different quicker and clearer, imagine a new smaller kick drum compared to an old bigger kick drum. I am a drummer and can appreciate both. It's very clean unlike the xb90ex. I havent heard the xb90ex for many months but I have good audio memory...I still use the same source. The n3 is more hi-fi/audiophile for sure, cleaner, metal/rock sounds amazing and also electronic music is crystal clear which feels great when you want something more than just subbass... just overall better headphone. I don't like that I paid 246euro, I would like to have paid 150euro. I bought the xb90ex for something like 70euro. I'm cheap. But I couldn't resist not to buy the N3. The fit is great too. I really like the N3 the mids and highs are much better than the xb90ex.

To be honest I wish I had one of the sony 16mm drivers now to compare it to ( xb90ex/800st/ex1000 even A3 ).

All I can say I don't feel any shortage of subbass... You are not gonna miss the xb90ex subbass... The subbass of n3 will satisfy a basshead when EQ and give power ( same with xb90ex :) )

I really like what sony has done with that 9mm driver...

I have never tried the 7550/ex800st.

Last edited:
Jun 1, 2017 at 6:53 AM Post #10,999 of 12,592
The N3 looks very tempting as I'm after a huge subbass but smooth mids and treble signature too. My previous IEM were Carbo Basso which had great subbass, however they suffered from housing rattle when the bass was amplified. And then my right hand side earpiece has started to cutout.

I'm swaying toward the Future Sonic G10 as my next basshead IEM.
Can anyone compare the N3 to the G10? The G10 look like they're subbass monsters too, with smooth mids and treble.

Jun 2, 2017 at 2:55 PM Post #11,000 of 12,592
Hi All,

Need some help from you regarding Earphone. Is there any low budget ear phones (need not to be earbud but in-ear is fine too) which has very very Deeeeep (or one of the the deeepest) Bass and very warm sound with smooth details. But it has to have Mic as I am using PowerAmp. Another most important thing is that is does that has open-back design so when I speak in Mic, my voice will sound natural and not something coming from cavity or echoed? I don't think there is any such earphone as they create Seal thus create vacuum. But still checking with you guys if anyone can suggest this. @Hawaiibadboy suggested FiiIO F5 which has 3 air holes to prevent vacuum and I also found UiiSii T8 which seems to have open-back design. But I am not sure if they will actually solve this issue so if anyone has used them, please advise. Thanks.

Regards,
Akash

you can look at the Audeze isine 10 or 20. haven't tried them, but you can't get more open back then that set. about the mic, maybe they have some cables that has a mic. you'll have to look at their website.

Jun 2, 2017 at 3:43 PM Post #11,001 of 12,592
you can look at the Audeze isine 10 or 20. haven't tried them, but you can't get more open back then that set. about the mic, maybe they have some cables that has a mic. you'll have to look at their website.

Thanks bu they are very very expensive for me. I am looking for budget options. Would prefer cheaper one but if something of my taste and requirement is really there, I can go up to 100 also. But as of now, I would prefer around 20-30 or may be $40.

Jun 2, 2017 at 7:24 PM Post #11,002 of 12,592
Thanks bu they are very very expensive for me. I am looking for budget options. Would prefer cheaper one but if something of my taste and requirement is really there, I can go up to 100 also. But as of now, I would prefer around 20-30 or may be $40.

Sorry man, you aren't going to find anything that has remotely all the things you want for under $100, let alone $40 ... What you can find for under 40 is good bass performance that doesn't muddy the other signatures too bad. If you want skull shattering bass with not that great everything else, try the Sony MDR-XB50AP. If you want something slightly more balanced but still good enough bass, try the Zero Audio Carbo Basso.

Jun 2, 2017 at 7:31 PM Post #11,003 of 12,592
i want to share a small mod i do my tips which in my opinion is worth it.

You buy this material, and u flip the tip up side down while it is on the iem, and then apply a small peace of this material on the the shaft of the tip, then you flip back the the tip. You then insert it in your ear and leave it for few minutes and then take the iems out of your ears and leave it to dry out

that will give u an amazing perfect seal with your fav tip all the time and the bass response is simply amazing compared to your tip without that material

http://www.ebay.com/cln/skyer17/sugru/209942469013

look at the guy who is applying the yellow material on the his tip

https://www.google.co.il/search?q=s...AUICigB&biw=1536&bih=735#imgrc=LpxMRfmkbTL3TM:

Last edited:
Jun 4, 2017 at 2:20 AM Post #11,004 of 12,592

Try Rock Zircon. Also try Xiaomi Mi Hybrid (dual driver) for slightly less but quicker sub-bass.

Jun 5, 2017 at 8:25 AM Post #11,005 of 12,592
Sorry man, you aren't going to find anything that has remotely all the things you want for under $100, let alone $40 ... What you can find for under 40 is good bass performance that doesn't muddy the other signatures too bad. If you want skull shattering bass with not that great everything else, try the Sony MDR-XB50AP. If you want something slightly more balanced but still good enough bass, try the Zero Audio Carbo Basso.
I am more worried about vacuum issue or unnatural voice while speaking in the mic. I want something which is more like earbud when mic is in use so when I speak, it does not sound unnatural and my own voice heard loudly coming from cavity. Do you think Sony MDR-XB50AP or Zero Audio Carbo Basso has this feature?

Jun 5, 2017 at 8:28 AM Post #11,006 of 12,592
Try Rock Zircon. Also try Xiaomi Mi Hybrid (dual driver) for slightly less but quicker sub-bass.
Do you think these earphones can address the vacuum issue and I won't be hearing my own voice while speaking in the mic? @Peicille mntioned that Sony MDR-XB50AP is full of Bass. But do you also think that Xiaomi Mi Hybrid is good enough in Bass section. It is dual driver so should be good too. But does it has Hybrid design to address unnatural voice issue?

Jun 5, 2017 at 11:38 AM Post #11,007 of 12,592
Do you think these earphones can address the vacuum issue and I won't be hearing my own voice while speaking in the mic? @Peicille mntioned that Sony MDR-XB50AP is full of Bass. But do you also think that Xiaomi Mi Hybrid is good enough in Bass section. It is dual driver so should be good too. But does it has Hybrid design to address unnatural voice issue?

I have never experience the vacuum issue that you mentioned, so I cannot comment on that. Xiaomi Hybrid has more bass than FLC8S (red-black-blue), but less bass than carbo basso and wooduo 2. I never tried MDR-XB50AP, but Xiaomi Hybrid has significantly less bass than amped xb90ex and ex800.

Jun 5, 2017 at 1:28 PM Post #11,008 of 12,592
I have never experience the vacuum issue that you mentioned, so I cannot comment on that. Xiaomi Hybrid has more bass than FLC8S (red-black-blue), but less bass than carbo basso and wooduo 2. I never tried MDR-XB50AP, but Xiaomi Hybrid has significantly less bass than amped xb90ex and ex800.
So while speaking, you don't feel that your voice is heard loudly and very unnatural? Is it the case with all earphones you mentioned?

Jun 5, 2017 at 2:44 PM Post #11,009 of 12,592
So while speaking, you don't feel that your voice is heard loudly and very unnatural? Is it the case with all earphones you mentioned?

You're talking about the seal, and that's what IEM's do unfortunately. If you don't get a seal, then you have sound leakage which is like listening to music in a convertible with the top down and windows down. There are no high fidelity earbuds that I know of, and I want to guess you probably wont find one like that either. Doesn't matter how good the earphone/IEM/headphone is, if sound is leaking and not reaching your ear canal, then there's no point ...

If that function of the mic is that important to you, then your only option is probably apple earpods/buds or buy over ear/on ear headphones.

Jun 5, 2017 at 2:47 PM Post #11,010 of 12,592

the xb50ap has a mic on it and hits pretty good too, but it does provide the seal that you don't want.

The best method for you would be to go with earbuds. There are some that will give you good clarity and some bass.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back