Head-Fi Basshead IEM thread (lists page 1)
Feb 2, 2017 at 11:10 AM Post #10,276 of 12,596
Thanks. Hmm, makes sense. Combination of affordability and fit were attractive; I cannot wear negative profile for example, and $200 gets a new set of EX800. :)
Maybe I'll look at AD01s. Those should be warm and still bassy..?

Look at the phantom sabre, Trinity had them on clearance last I looked. They have great bass. Also, try the radius NHR31. They sound just like the NHR21, but have removable cables. They are very sensitive though, and require no amp. With balanced cables they really open up.

Feb 2, 2017 at 2:45 PM Post #10,277 of 12,596
I might end up impulse buying some rose cappucino. well it is a long planned impulse then i guess. people keep saying it hits hard and it's never been tested in here to the best of my knowledge, but @tienbasse posts it goes deeper than asg2.5...

Feb 2, 2017 at 4:06 PM Post #10,279 of 12,596
I might end up impulse buying some rose cappucino. well it is a long planned impulse then i guess. people keep saying it hits hard and it's never been tested in here to the best of my knowledge, but @tienbasse
 posts it goes deeper than asg2.5...

I eagerly anticipate your impressions! Canjam NY is this weekend. I plan on auditioning lots of headphones and iems. Too bad rose isn't coming.

Feb 2, 2017 at 4:08 PM Post #10,280 of 12,596
anyone wants me to build pm4 with flare? It's epic even with iphone. I wonder what it can do with fidue a73 ba for sparkle. Best iem ever had.

Feb 2, 2017 at 4:12 PM Post #10,281 of 12,596
C5 is a pretty good portable amp. I have used SR71A, SR71B, Meier Stepdance in the past. These are the heavy weights in the portable amp arena a few years back and C5 stacks up against them quite well, and trashes all of them in the bass department. 'Nuff said.

Agreed. Much better then my Predator as well.

Intensecure if you buy the ex800st and don't like them, I'll buy them from you full price. Just throwing it out there bro.

Feb 2, 2017 at 11:23 PM Post #10,285 of 12,596
I'm watching Minimalism, A Documentary, on Netflix and it's blowing up this whole hobby in my face. I don't really need another iem. New resolution, if I buy something, I must sell something. Goodbye SE846, FXA7, FX850, NHR21, Gemini HD, K712 Pro, SRH1540, Mojo (I can't believe it), and maybe some other stuff. I need to purge.

Feb 2, 2017 at 11:37 PM Post #10,286 of 12,596
I'm watching Minimalism, A Documentary, on Netflix and it's blowing up this whole hobby in my face. I don't really need another iem. New resolution, if I buy something, I must sell something. Goodbye SE846, FXA7, FX850, NHR21, Gemini HD, K712 Pro, SRH1540, Mojo (I can't believe it), and maybe some other stuff. I need to purge.

Don't worry, the empty feeling will creep in after the temporary zen moment.

Feb 2, 2017 at 11:45 PM Post #10,287 of 12,596

Mine is my girlfriend

/img/vimeo_logo.png

She's hot and cool and I am not gonna lose her cuz i got a hobby she can't relate to at all. Car audio? Beach boom boxes? home stereo? sure. $1000 ipods? nah, she ain't cool with it.

She makes me feel like a geek and it is working. I am losing all my not essentials.

My EX twins, SZ, MA900...safe... Most other stuff is goners.

Feb 3, 2017 at 3:25 AM Post #10,288 of 12,596

I've been trying to live a version of the minimalist philosophy for 15 years, since we sold our big house in London and moved to SE Asia. Sold everything except personal stuff and moved into a much smaller apartment. Since then my philosophy has always to only have the essentials, buy new when old is worn out and not repairable. Sold a big fancy watch collection, sold my big DSLR stuff and use a compact, even only have a few sets of clothes. Maintain shoes at only what is absolutely necessary. Basically cut consumerism down to the barest essentials but still maintaining quality. Rather have one nice thing than 5 cheap things. Almost to the point of being able to pack all life's essentials in a suitcase and move on at any time. A bit of Zen, a bit of quality living, a bit of nomad spirit, a nice way to live.
Trouble is, at 52, with some health issues, decided to spend a bit more time engaging in one of my favourite things which I listening to music. And to do so with the best that I can justify, and that makes sense in my ethos. That's actually kind of why I am asking questions here - I have my "end game" over-ears, humble they may be, certainly good enough for me they are. I have one IEM for exercise, and now want one good one for quality listening. I can justify that, don't have to go crazy, and always buy quality that lasts. Although I can understand the mentality, and certainly don't judge it, I cannot align with those who buy dozens, or more, cheap IEMs in some never ending game of "find the gem" - suits some, just not for me.
Now, I've second guessed myself already, and cancelled the AlphaDeltas, because I am uncertain over fit and also they probably don't exceed the SQ of my Sony XBA. If I am not careful I will fall into the trap of buying good, when I could have excellent. The XBA are perfect for wearing out and about, but I am still eyeing the ex800 as my indoors keepers. So close to pulling that trigger..If I do it's Warrior1975s fault. :wink: :D

Feb 3, 2017 at 4:42 AM Post #10,289 of 12,596
nvm

Feb 3, 2017 at 6:49 AM Post #10,290 of 12,596

what iem do you like? Often it's a new iem syndrome, it goes away in a few days, weeks etc

Users who are viewing this thread

Back