Head-Fi Basshead IEM thread (lists page 1)
Sep 20, 2016 at 4:44 PM Post #9,106 of 12,592

Well I'm touched that you would even read my profile
bigsmile_face.gif
I simply gave my opinion what I consider a basshead to be and we are all entitled to that, now if I must I've owned plenty of cars and after market shop installed systems driving 4 15's on 1000 Watts of Precision Power. I've owned home rigs consisting of two NAD PE2200's driving JBL 4311B Control Monitors so I'm not totally naive of bass in enormous amounts. Guess I'll stay out of here since I don't have any of the top 10 Basshead iem's
frown.gif

Do take care and protect that hearing
wink_face.gif

beerchug.gif

Please don't let people who show up in this thread once in a blue moon to talk nonsense drive you out.
However if already have, well, everyone knows whose fault it is.

P.S. I  missed your earlier quote of mine, that actually was reponding to you, but I misread it and thogught you your son a set of SZ's, so i was like "quick get more pads because he hates them due to the crap stock pads!)

Sep 20, 2016 at 6:27 PM Post #9,107 of 12,592
duno why it's important definition of basshead, you either like extra bass or you don't. what is more difficult is definition of real basshead that hb uses lol :)

Sep 20, 2016 at 7:11 PM Post #9,108 of 12,592
Tell ya what...

I was feeding the xb90ex's from my Sony NWZ A17 via line out, to a Mini^3 amp last night..

And WOW....do the xb90ex's ever rock my world. Rather remarkable how wonderful they sound!

Bassy? Yes, but also clear and articulate in mids and treble.

A delight!

Yeah for the xb90ex, after an amp!!

P.S. - Cayin C5 is at the PO, seller sent it signature required, so won't be able to get it until tomorrow.
Can't wait to compare Cayin C5 to my Mini^3 amp...

Stay tuned!

Sep 20, 2016 at 7:49 PM Post #9,109 of 12,592
Tell ya what...

I was feeding the xb90ex's from my Sony NWZ A17 via line out, to a Mini^3 amp last night..

And WOW....do the xb90ex's ever rock my world. Rather remarkable how wonderful they sound!

Bassy? Yes, but also clear and articulate in mids and treble.

A delight!

Yeah for the xb90ex, after an amp!!

P.S. - Cayin C5 is at the PO, seller sent it signature required, so won't be able to get it until tomorrow.
Can't wait to compare Cayin C5 to my Mini^3 amp...

Stay tuned!

When you get the C5, i'm gonna recommend you go to the store and get some aduilt size Pampers while you're at it..

To quote Bass Mekanik...... "B-B-B-B-B-B-BRUTAL!!!!"

(PS this is why i ask for no signature, if they require one, I leave a note onthe insside of my mailbox with my signature and a note saying "please accept this as signature for (tracking number here). Has never failed once. Done it a few dozen times now.

Sep 20, 2016 at 11:18 PM Post #9,110 of 12,592
When you get the C5, i'm gonna recommend you go to the store and get some aduilt size Pampers while you're at it..

To quote Bass Mekanik...... "B-B-B-B-B-B-BRUTAL!!!!"

(PS this is why i ask for no signature, if they require one, I leave a note onthe insside of my mailbox with my signature and a note saying "please accept this as signature for (tracking number here). Has never failed once. Done it a few dozen times now.

Adult Pampers huh :)

And hear ya on Signature...I hate it when they send Sig Required as well...but I had no idea it was sent that way. It was mailed from Paris France...the French tracking system worked, but didn't mention "Sig Required" as some other systems do. So it was quite a surprise...

Will have the C5 tomorrow, a nearby retailer...has the adult pampers...

LOL

Sep 20, 2016 at 11:30 PM Post #9,111 of 12,592
USPS insurance is a joke.  I had a bad experience with it recently. I ended up not getting my package because either the mail took it or he delivered it to the wrong address but their gps thing they have said it was delivered to my address. the sender and I both tried to file a claim, but they said since it was delivered to the right address that they can't do anything about it.  Luckily it was some e-juice that wasn't worth a lot.

Reason why I get sig required instead of insurance now.  unless the things I send are very expensive then I get both.

Sep 21, 2016 at 12:31 AM Post #9,112 of 12,592
Adult Pampers huh :)

And hear ya on Signature...I hate it when they send Sig Required as well...but I had no idea it was sent that way. It was mailed from Paris France...the French tracking system worked, but didn't mention "Sig Required" as some other systems do. So it was quite a surprise...

Will have the C5 tomorrow, a nearby retailer...has the adult pampers...

LOL

I think that's why you had sig required.
Most other countries (very few dont) will not deliver unless it is to the exact person addressed on the package.
Lukily my post office guys are the same guys who have been seeing my stalking the lobby for packages for 2 years now, so they just have me sign what needs signinig and everyones on their way.

I truly feel for those who can't get sign deliveries on account of work hours. That was a problem for me too. Had all my stuff shipped to wrok for a good long time.

Sep 21, 2016 at 12:38 AM Post #9,113 of 12,592
  USPS insurance is a joke.  I had a bad experience with it recently. I ended up not getting my package because either the mail took it or he delivered it to the wrong address but their gps thing they have said it was delivered to my address. the sender and I both tried to file a claim, but they said since it was delivered to the right address that they can't do anything about it.  Luckily it was some e-juice that wasn't worth a lot.

Reason why I get sig required instead of insurance now.  unless the things I send are very expensive then I get both.

It is. I just got my balanced from PETEREK which was un trackable after leaving Chicago.. Why is  barcode not a universal trackable thing?
It's 2016.....wtfuuuu??

Sep 21, 2016 at 12:49 AM Post #9,114 of 12,592

It is. I just got my balanced from PETEREK which was un trackable after leaving Chicago.. Why is  barcode not a universal trackable thing?
It's 2016.....wtfuuuu??

It blindsided me right before that one package I sent you. USPS no longer includes tracking on intl shipments until you pay their THIRTREEN AND A HALF doller.

YES you have to pay practically 15 bucks for screw**  trackng and nothing else.

A very good and honest trader who I sold some 7550s to @Mtlhd i would ABSOLUTELY do business with again. Post office screwed me without tracking, no insurance no onthing. it it only out of the good of his heart did he tell me the item arrived and left positive feedback.

If I could leave a paragraph long classifieds response you better believe half of it is bitching at USPS and half of it is praising Mtlhd for being the chillest dude.

Post on the story is, I think I may stop using USPS altogether unless they get their s$!t straightened up and quick!!!

Hope everything worked out for you @chillaxing

Sep 21, 2016 at 1:37 AM Post #9,116 of 12,592
I stumbled across this equalizer for Android and I'm really enjoying it. Thought I'd share. It analyzes the frequency response of your setup and creates eq presets. Sounds really good imo. Currently enjoying it with my KZ Ate I just received the other day

Sep 21, 2016 at 2:07 AM Post #9,119 of 12,592
Post office screwed me without tracking, no insurance no onthing. it it only out of the good of his heart did he tell me the item arrived and left positive feedback

Ah, man, I hate that so much- even with domestic packages, I have never had a package not delivered by the USPS but occasional delays & their tracking system is super inconsistent, especially if you use a postal store instead of an post office. A few times it has happened to me, where a package was delivered but the system didn't show it, so I'm sitting there anxious as ****, and can't get in touch with the person I shipped to... then like two weeks later they'll message me "yeah I got it two weeks ago!".

I still haven't found another source I like as much as the A17. Too bad it can't quite grunt the XB90 on its own.
The new A30 supposedly has bit more output but I get the feeling it still won't be enough- a list of DAPs I thought did the xb90 really well would be pretty much a ranking of their output power :ph34r:

Sep 21, 2016 at 2:16 AM Post #9,120 of 12,592
@Raketen I sent a box to HBB earlier this year.
Had no idea tracking disappeared and became of registered mail.
 The two of us proceeded to lose our s*** wondering it would arrive arrive it not.
It eventually did, but between this and some othe pblems I've had with international sales

you pay that damn $13.50 registered mail fee.

Tracking and knowledge it won't get lost is worth it. Of course it used to be $4 or $5 for now it's screw* $13.50.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back