Head-Fi Basshead IEM thread (lists page 1)
Sep 20, 2016 at 11:09 AM Post #9,092 of 12,592
What is the definition of bass head ?
What is the definition of being able to labeled it as a bass head ?
For a iem , headphones , Dap , Dac/amp ?

Sep 20, 2016 at 11:27 AM Post #9,093 of 12,592

I came from car audio and like a massive dose of bass and have it not destroy the mids and love a big stage too.
I have never heard anything from overear or IEM that was basshead out of the box.

Some gear can be pushed with power and EQ ( both not just one) to slam and hold the rest of the freq together.

Car and home systems have dedicated drivers for the 3 major regions and headgear has a disadvantage ...a big one.
This list has items that can do bass and everything else because that is hard. Bassy IEM is just pre-tuned hot garbage. That's not basshead that's market targeting.
I have big drivers in both my cars and in both homes and I am not that target. I am a basshead...not a meathead.

Sep 20, 2016 at 11:29 AM Post #9,094 of 12,592

Well my definition is one who puts the bass front and forward in the SS they like followed by tight sub/mid bass and for me personally bass forward is OK as long as the mids and highs are crisp and distinguishable. You can have a hard thump as long as it does not drown out or muddle the high freqs
wink_face.gif
(This would cover iem's and cans)

DAP's one should consider power and EQ for it's bass capabilities, AMPS one should consider their power as well as bass boost and as far as a DAC being bass prominent I'm not sure as I've always just assumed (you know what that can do)
eek.gif
to bring out whatever the file issues. Maybe someone else can give their opinion to what exactly a Bassheads DAC is or does?

beerchug.gif

Sep 20, 2016 at 11:57 AM Post #9,096 of 12,592
So technically speaking , there's no definition . It's just a preference things to individual Ha
L3000.gif

Anything can label as a bass head .

Yep and I'd say it varies from individual to individual
wink_face.gif

Sep 20, 2016 at 1:36 PM Post #9,099 of 12,592
You want a great portable amp for basshead? Try the xduoo xd-05. I've been recently comparing it to my new mojo. The xduoo has deeper bass and is almost as tight as the mojo. Mojo has more mid bass slam. Xduoo's bass is louder, and this is without bass boost on. Bass boost has to be tried with different earphones. It's too much for most. It  seems to be made for full size cans. The mojo has wider soundstage and more treble and a more forward midrange but the xduoo holds it's own. Xduoo has more of a v shaped, fun sound. It'd bass comes more forward than the mojo, so in that regard I believe it's more basshed than mojo. Mojo is definitely better all around though. I wish it had a bass boost.

Sep 20, 2016 at 2:08 PM Post #9,101 of 12,592
There are two types of basshead.

One is the type that lives excessive bass that rattles your brain, body, and eardrum.

The other is one that loves to smoke exccessive amont of crack.

If you don't fall in either category then you are not a basshead, you just like bass

I'm option 3
wink_face.gif

beerchug.gif

Sep 20, 2016 at 3:09 PM Post #9,102 of 12,592
The other is one that loves to smoke exccessive amont of crack.

I'm surprised this band isn't more popular given how often people misspell it.

[VIDEO]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=If7bELSqWy0[/VIDEO]

Sep 20, 2016 at 4:27 PM Post #9,103 of 12,592
Urban Dictionary:
Bass head
A bass head is someone who enjoys an excessive amount of bass in music. A bass head can usually be identified as a person who installs many large subwoofers into their car, which in turn, can produce enough bass to damage ear drums.

I agree, and I do :)

Sep 20, 2016 at 4:29 PM Post #9,104 of 12,592

(previous  well writen posts not not need be re-quoted here)

A basshead does not get a metal to recognize they're in the basshead club. they're either SPK freaks or not

Ha dude , try to read my post carefully what I'm asking and my question is .

And I for 1 doesn't need any one to endorse me as whether or not I'm a bass head or not .

And 2 , I'm not asking nor seeking any one to legitimately label me or have me certified as a bass head .

And 3 I don't need those branding , and even if that's my intention , there's no one here qualified enough to endorse me or anyone. Even the legitimate owner of this forum doesn't have it , sorry to say that ya .

I ask a question here in this thread about the definition of a bass head . Simple question , and I got my answer from one of the member here with the nick of podster , which provides me with what I regard as a satisfactory answer to my question .

Anything else ? No more , I asked and being answered .

Thank you and live a beautiful day .
L3000.gif

Let's look that post your responded to.

"And I for 1 doesn't need any one to endorse me as whether or not I'm a bass head or not ." - so you get mad when people say you're basshead but not like them, and you are equally when someone says you aren't basshead you have points to argue you are.. Hmm.....

@Podster did a fairly good analysis but it's still far from anything like "the ten commandment of basshead? .... but he is not in regular in this thread or a huge sub bass fan.

Lastly, if you don't want people labeling you a "basshead", then don't buy "basshead" amps, IEMs, or earbuds, and you're be all good. Sounds easy enough? I don't come up in the Chinese IEM threads and say "yeah well this is all DIY stuff and that's great but shut up but don't recommend anything made in China.

The page 1 lists of best bass IEMS were no placed there for "no good reason".

My final word on this is what you should notice this thread is full of people who take their bass VERY seriously and spend a lot money finding portable bass heaven.

You are welcome to open a new thread but this the absolute last place someone should storm in demanding all the very words were have been using for the last 608 pages in question.

Instaead, a very helpful way to contribute would be posting the IEMs you have and writing your impressions on each.

Until then,
beerchug.gif
and let's keep it OT.

Sep 20, 2016 at 4:35 PM Post #9,105 of 12,592
  I am not trying to fight with anyone lol.. but the answer you were given is from a person who has 0 items on the top 10 basshead iem and headphone lists (and there are several lists). (according to his profile listed gear)

Not disqualifying anyone as a basshead, but maybe his credibility to describe the subject.

Not saying I am any expert either, most of my basshead experience comes from speakers larger than my head that have been in many vehicles I have owned. I just recently found there is a headphone community about it :D

Well I'm touched that you would even read my profile
bigsmile_face.gif
I simply gave my opinion what I consider a basshead to be and we are all entitled to that, now if I must I've owned plenty of cars and after market shop installed systems driving 4 15's on 1000 Watts of Precision Power. I've owned home rigs consisting of two NAD PE2200's driving JBL 4311B Control Monitors so I'm not totally naive of bass in enormous amounts. Guess I'll stay out of here since I don't have any of the top 10 Basshead iem's
frown.gif

Do take care and protect that hearing
wink_face.gif

beerchug.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back