Head-Fi Basshead IEM thread (lists page 1)
Sep 11, 2016 at 8:47 PM Post #9,061 of 12,592
  I have both although the 7550's are only a couple of days old for me & used but perfect, thanks @vapman) so there are more qualified listeners here to give more detail than I can.  

like @waifu I am loving the wider sound, more bass & especially how much easier they are to listen too & how "alive" they are - which is a great way to describe the sound but not mine.  I listen to a lot of trance, rock, hiphop & metal & love the 7550 sound for my preferences - with the tape mod.

I would also like to take time to thank everyone through the thread for their honest thoughts, opinions etc I have both the 90's & now 7550's & wouldnt live without either pair, thank you all.

undecided yet on the cables as yet - bit early but the stock one is annoying.

The stock cable does not bother me if i wear it behind the neck as is designed for. Absolutely horrible to have hanging down like normal though.

Sep 12, 2016 at 7:18 PM Post #9,063 of 12,592
  I convinced the guy I traded my last XB90EX a long time ago to trade it back when we were arranging a big trade of lots of items on either side. Can't say how happy I am to have the XB90 back in the lineup. It is so godly.

That reminds me.. I keep buying all these different wood iems, and I haven't even gotten the xb90s yet.. Those are next!.. Then I am going to try to get the AT WS99 we were talking about, see what their like.

Sep 13, 2016 at 9:12 AM Post #9,064 of 12,592

That reminds me.. I keep buying all these different wood iems, and I haven't even gotten the xb90s yet.. Those are next!.. Then I am going to try to get the AT WS99 we were talking about, see what their like.

All I can say is you're gonna wish you got a pair sooner dude. I've been asking myself why the screw I gave them away ever in the first place.

Sep 14, 2016 at 9:43 AM Post #9,065 of 12,592

All I can say is you're gonna wish you got a pair sooner dude. I've been asking myself why the screw I gave them away ever in the first place.

do not swear.
frown.gif

Sep 16, 2016 at 3:16 PM Post #9,070 of 12,592
Come bass head regulars .

Sony MDR-7550 @ 160USD near mint condition . Worth to buy at that price ?
Shipping cost not yet included

I have the 7550s and they aren't my favorite. While I can appreciate them when driven properly, they don't have enough treble air for me. Bass is good and bass to mids transition is one of its strengths, but whenever I listen too them, I feel like i'm missing something up top. They are very non-fatiguing. I had them taped for quite a while and recently I removed the tape and like them better without it. I feel taped, bass overpowers everything.

Sep 16, 2016 at 3:19 PM Post #9,071 of 12,592
I must admit I never eq'ed the 7550. I listen to mostly tidal and just recently (yesterday) obtained an app that allows me to stream tidal while also eq'ing. I plan on revisiting many of my phones to see how that plays out, especially with my new mojo.

Sep 16, 2016 at 3:47 PM Post #9,072 of 12,592
  I must admit I never eq'ed the 7550. I listen to mostly tidal and just recently (yesterday) obtained an app that allows me to stream tidal while also eq'ing. I plan on revisiting many of my phones to see how that plays out, especially with my new mojo.

They still have great bass depth un-taped and un-EQ'd, but yeah they're not gonna slam like the XB90EX unless you eq and tape. Those Radius you lent me reminded me of the XB90 if it was more mid bass centric.

Sep 17, 2016 at 7:07 PM Post #9,073 of 12,592
got this cayin n5 the eq bass is really like hardware bass

on 3.2 firmware, 3.0 sounded meh for bass on 3.2 it's basshead

Sep 17, 2016 at 11:41 PM Post #9,074 of 12,592
Seahf EG009: My new rec for people who want a very cheap IEM with

1. Big bass, deep impact and nice wide stage
  2. Removable Cable
  3. No amp necessary, (but amps work great)
  4. Microphone inline cable

I paid $17 on Aliexpress. Dual driver 8mm + 10mm. That is why the impact is so good.

Thread regulars who have more expensive IEM collections it is nothing new, the XB90EX is better at everything than this (except maybe soundstage). but gets similar bass performance to that Elecom - possibly more accurate even, and the Seahf is pretty comfortable.

This is not for the mid bass fans, the mids are fairly scooped on this. would like to hear some other opinions on it?

Sep 18, 2016 at 6:18 AM Post #9,075 of 12,592
  Seahf EG009: My new rec for people who want a very cheap IEM with

1. Big bass, deep impact and nice wide stage
  2. Removable Cable
  3. No amp necessary, (but amps work great)
  4. Microphone inline cable

I paid $17 on Aliexpress. Dual driver 8mm + 10mm. That is why the impact is so good.

Thread regulars who have more expensive IEM collections it is nothing new, the XB90EX is better at everything than this (except maybe soundstage). but gets similar bass performance to that Elecom - possibly more accurate even, and the Seahf is pretty comfortable.

This is not for the mid bass fans, the mids are fairly scooped on this. would like to hear some other opinions on it?

$17 is crazy

Or are the folks that charge 3,4,5,6,7,8,$900 crazy??
Hmmm

Users who are viewing this thread

Back