Head-Fi Basshead IEM thread (lists page 1)
May 11, 2016 at 8:57 AM Post #7,351 of 12,592

I ment, do they get a loose connection over time?
Sorry my english isnt the greatest :s

So you would say, the Onkyo wouldnt harm me as much as the beats since the roll off?
What would you say, which of those two are more warm?
(side fact: I dont own an amp)

edit: which of those two are more on the subbass or midbass? Since I do like more the Midbass, which has the actuall kick (if im right)

Beats has a later kick around 80-100Hz like lots of Beat stuff. Treble is not bad and should not be an issue without an amp. It is compensated for the bass. It is a nice sounding set and will not come off.

I don't know but the connections like on the Onkyo can become loose after repeated removal but you should not do that with any set with that connect type.

Grab the Beats solo 2 and enjoy.

May 11, 2016 at 9:03 AM Post #7,352 of 12,592

Beats has a later kick around 80-100Hz like lots of Beat stuff. Treble is not bad and should not be an issue without an amp. It is compensated for the bass. It is a nice sounding set and will not come off.

I don't know but the connections like on the Onkyo can become loose after repeated removal but you should not do that with any set with that connect type.

Grab the Beats solo 2 and enjoy.

So the beats do kick more than the Onkyo?

May 11, 2016 at 9:25 AM Post #7,354 of 12,592
I am "somewhat" producing electronic music, and the main kick power is often around 60-120hz (more precise 80-100hz), but as Im not even near professional I can be wrong 
biggrin.gif

Thats what I mean, the "click power thingy" of the kick, I love these.

As an example: Marcus Schossow Remix of Boom Clap from Charli XCX (SoundCloud Link), the "click" sound when the full kick kicks in is what I love.
The low bass is just "rumble" in my eyes. yeah you can feel it, but it isnt so "powerfull" and sexy as the "click"

Just saw and compared the Measurements from Innerfidelity of those two

Beats Tour 2.0 vs Onkyo IE-HF300S

and would say, the Onkyo seem more promising, reaching a bit more in the higher bass and the mids seem not so much lowered as on the Beats. So I would tend to the Onkyo. (?probably)

May 11, 2016 at 9:31 AM Post #7,355 of 12,592
  I am "somewhat" producing electronic music, and the main kick power is often around 60-120hz (more precise 80-100hz), but as Im not even near professional I can be wrong 
biggrin.gif

Thats what I mean, the "click power thingy" of the kick, I love these.

As an example: Marcus Schossow Remix of Boom Clap from Charli XCX (SoundCloud Link), the "click" sound when the full kick kicks in is what I love.
The low bass is just "rumble" in my eyes. yeah you can feel it, but it isnt so "powerfull" and sexy as the "click"

Just saw and compared the Measurements from Innerfidelity of those two

Beats Tour 2.0 vs Onkyo IE-HF300S

and would say, the Onkyo seem more promising, reaching a bit more in the higher bass and the mids seem not so much lowered as on the Beats. So I would tend to the Onkyo. (?probably)

I produce bass vids.
wink.gif

Everything over 70Hz is almost impossible to visualize.
The 35-55Hz range is very active on the face and anything else that touches the driver pads.

Over ears and in ears are apples to apples comparison in my experience. I feel sub bass and hear mid bass like I do in over ears.

I think the Onkyo are great. You might need to buy extra tips that fit you perfect but that would be true for any IEM you buy.

May 11, 2016 at 10:09 AM Post #7,356 of 12,592

I think the Onkyo are great. You might need to buy extra tips that fit you perfect but that would be true for any IEM you buy.

I got some INAIRS FOAM TIPS and do like them. I dont know if the extra price is worth for some COMPLYS

May 11, 2016 at 10:16 AM Post #7,358 of 12,592

Those tips look pretty badass and they got some for my set....

Might have to try em
Thanks for the link!
beerchug.gif

Reason I bought them was the price, compared to comply they are pretty cheap :)

No problemo

May 11, 2016 at 2:55 PM Post #7,359 of 12,592
Got the MDR-7550 and did the tape mod. Yeah, in terms of sub bass, this kills the Elecom HH1000A. Fierce impact and well-defined extension-to-decay. I'm not sure I like the tape mod for overall sound signature, though. Will experiment. I still like the Elecom HH1000A a lot and do recommend it and am curious what your thoughts might be on it (if you get your hands on a set).

May 11, 2016 at 2:56 PM Post #7,360 of 12,592
Did anyone had the pleasure to try out both the Pioneer SE-CX 8 and 9?
Got the 8, but the highs are on some tracks to "hissy" and somewhat hurting. Is it better on the 9, since they do have BA and not a dynamic?

May 11, 2016 at 3:03 PM Post #7,361 of 12,592
  Got the MDR-7550 and did the tape mod. Yeah, in terms of sub bass, this kills the Elecom HH1000A. Fierce impact and well-defined extension-to-decay. I'm not sure I like the tape mod for overall sound signature, though. Will experiment. I still like the Elecom HH1000A a lot and do recommend it and am curious what your thoughts might be on it (if you get your hands on a set).

Try the other tape mod.

1pc of tape, give a little prick with a safety pin.

the hole will let some of the pressure out and in return it will brighten up the sound.

May 11, 2016 at 3:11 PM Post #7,362 of 12,592

Try the other tape mod.

1pc of tape, give a little prick with a safety pin.

the hole will let some of the pressure out and in return it will brighten up the sound.

Yup, that's the one I did. Actually, that's the only tape mod I knew of. I'm going to listen to it like this for a good week or so to see if I like it. Thank you for your reply!

May 11, 2016 at 3:22 PM Post #7,364 of 12,592

Try it with triple layer of tape, no pin prick.

Is that you in the avatar?

Okay, will try it out. Yes, that's me...many years ago.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back